Our problems

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a chance. His whole career has been built on a certain defensive way of playing and he won't change. The last two games mean nothing. We had a few games earlier in the season where we scored goals and played decent but these games are not the norm. He doesn't apologize for low block defend first, concede possession, attack on the counter football. His ideal is to win games 1-0 or 2-0 but you need exceptional players to get away with it and understanding fans to accept that style of play
Mourinho is actually about making it perfect .
His top teams over the years has been those who conceded the least and scored tons. We have to give him the required tools for it , fans opinion doesn't matter

Harsh. Son is far too inconsistent to be genuinely world class... and he’s been poor - by his standards - for a few months now (post-Woolwich match I think).

Kane clearly a world class striker and every team on the planet would want him in their side. He just doesn’t get the quality and sharpness of service that you would in a better side.

NDombele needs more time. He’s young and taking a while to settle into the league. But I do feel that he could very reasonably be a key cog of a very decent team.

Our defence is a total mess for me. Ageing and inconsistent, and then people like DavSan and Davies who are just not good enough for a top side.
Kane is world class but i rather have Drogba in game that matters

Fair.

So since we're at such a disadvantage might as well get a coach who can outperform his resources right? What use is a chequebook manager without Abu Dhabi?
Good players don't have to be expensive, we already have the right coach and already knows what our problem is , so we better get focused to fix the problem instead , don't make mistake like united did, sacked mourinho, spend 300m still won fck all till today, that's waste of time

Can we get the kids on Reddit/Wallstreetbets to buy the team? They pumped a near bankrupt stock to tens of billions of dollars in valuation in a couple weeks so buying us out and bringing on WC talent shouldn’t be a problem.

:harrylol:

Can we get the kids on Reddit/Wallstreetbets to buy the team? They pumped a near bankrupt stock to tens of billions of dollars in valuation in a couple weeks so buying us out and bringing on WC talent shouldn’t be a problem.

:harrylol:
They're essentially a bunch of pump and dump-ers. No thanks- would rather have Bezos!

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea. So embarrasing

cup final merch? Really???

I would buy this Ndombele one

01_SNUGZYSISSOKO-00002.jpg

Tell me you got in on some of that GME and AMC and weed stocks on the way up?!
No but I watched with great interest. I'm bad at trading and bought a house instead this past year. Fixing it up has been my "investments" lately! Did taxes already and owe a lot :( have cash to invest but not a ton. Watching BTC like a hawk for an entry point- shit ton of free money about to be handed out over here in the states! It's gonna go straight to robinhood and crypto... Crazy times in the markets these days...

If we have to keep Jose I prefer 4-2-3-1 and think we can improve our defense to get where he would reasonably expect they could get to. Jose is gonna actually have to work the players to improve them though and not expect to be bailed out with 100m worth of a new CB pairing. I still think a different manager with a different style would be able to maximize our strengths better than Jose.

Hes surrounded by 10 very good players too . Our best players are surrounded with shite.
Are you suggesting that Ndombele with Son and Kane ahead of him can’t make more than 3 assists in all competitions in 7 months of football because Aurier or Sanchez are shite?

How does this logic even come into your mind?

My guess is that he may have more assists but the likes of Bergwijn, Son and Kane have all missed loads of sitters.

Apparently that’s Joe Harts fault though

People keep accusing me of expecting them to convert every chance while saying we don’t create chances. Same people telling me Kane is BACK!! because he took TEN shots against Everton and scored one.

Then misses a sitter and it’s Winks fault because “we’d have conceded anyway if Kane scored”

Kane and Son have record numbers right.
I still think they’ll squander the same chances no matter who’s around them.
Maybe you think with better players and tactics they’ll double their tally?

So who’s the one expecting them to convert every chance? It’s not me.

But more than 1/10 might be nice

Last edited:

19 “big chances “ missed between our front three, Son 9, Kane 6, Bergwijn 4

Not taking into account shit passes or offsides etc
Not taking into account that Dier is average, or we parked the bus, or Winks who was on the bench should be sold......

These are clear cut chances. Apparently according to some though, the PL’s own website must be wrong because they never happened.

Imagine if between them they had converted, say put one more away against Fulham, Wolves and Palace.
We’d be on 42pts, 4th and above Liverpool with a game in hand on the teams above us bar City.

Just three of 19, not all 19.
Between three players, not one.

How people still don’t see our attack as part of our problem is astonishing.

On 21st November we were TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE having beaten Man City.

Since then

1. Spurs have concerned the 2nd FEWEST goals (13) in the EPL
2. Spurs are ranked 12th in goals scored.

3. Prior to this we were ranked 2nd in goals scored and 17th in goals conceded.

So, the problem does not seem to be that our defence has suddenly started shipping more goals - our problem is that we aren't scoring enough.

Root Cause - The outstanding early season form of Kane and Son has dipped. We are still creating chances but we are no longer scoring them.

The fact that Gündogan, Bruno F and Soucek are the top scorers since 21st Nov tells us a lot about what we are lacking in our squad. We are not getting any goal input from our midfield whatsoever, If you mark Kane and Son and we cannot score.

On 21st November we were TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE having beaten Man City.

Since then

1. Spurs have concerned the 2nd FEWEST goals (13) in the EPL
2. Spurs are ranked 12th in goals scored.

3. Prior to this we were ranked 2nd in goals scored and 17th in goals conceded.

So, the problem does not seem to be that our defence has suddenly started shipping more goals - our problem is that we aren't scoring enough.

Root Cause - The outstanding early season form of Kane and Son has dipped. We are still creating chances but we are no longer scoring them.

The fact that Gündogan, Bruno F and Soucek are the top scorers since 21st Nov tells us a lot about what we are lacking in our squad. We are not getting any goal input from our midfield whatsoever, If you mark Kane and Son and we cannot score.
The facts mean nothing because the only thing being argued is basically that if Kane misses a sitter it doesn’t matter because he scored another time.

However, if Dier misses a header, it still matters even if he cleared 10 headers

The facts mean nothing because the only thing being argued is basically that if Kane misses a sitter it doesn’t matter because he scored another time.

However, if Dier misses a header, it still matters even if he cleared 10 headers

Indeed. In the dying moments against Everton Kane missed header that he really should have scored and took a terrible shot. Also Kane slipped when through on goal. Add to that Moura's awful attempt in the first few minutes.

I am convinced we do nothing but play 5 a side games in training or try at our hand at other sports (Basketbell and Cricket seem to be the preferred choices).

Because there is no chance we practice much else.

Back
Top Bottom