Our Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Youngest player by 2 years in the EL squad is striker Dane Scarlett, who appeared in pre-season. Underlines just how highly the youth coaches both at Spurs and England youth rate him.

Next youngest at age 18 are Dennis Cirkin (also played in pr-season) and J'Neill Bennett (who scord first goal at Spurs new stadium in a Spurs u18 match)

EL squad :
EL
NON-HG (16)
LLORIS1
AURIER2
ALDERWEIRELD3
SANCHEZ4
DIER5
REGUILON6
HOJBJERG7
SISSOKO8
NDOMBELE9
LAMELA10
LO CELSO11
BERGWIJN12
MOURA13
SON14
VINICIUS15
DAVIES16
ASSOCIATION (4)
HART1
DOHERTY2
ALLI3
CLARKE4
CLUB TRAINED (5)
WHITEMAN1
CCV2
WINKS3
KANE4
BALE5
SQUAD TOTAL: 25

Nice vote of confidence for Whiteman?
CCV is a good player who can pass the ball well. Quoted sums we can sell him for are about £5m max. Keep him and try him in the EL seems sound to me.
I had a feeling Clarke would make the squad. Could be he will be better served being "paid to train" and maybe given game time in the EL rather than an EFL loan?

Last edited:
Youngest player by 2 years in the EL squad is striker Dane Scarlett, who appeared in pre-season. Underlines just how highly the youth coaches both at Spurs and England youth rate him.

Next youngest at age 18 are Dennis Cirkin (also played in pr-season) and J'Neill Bennett (who scord first goal at Spurs new stadium in a Spurs u18 match)

Where can i see the full squad?

Nice vote of confidence for Whiteman?
CCV is a good player who can pass the ball well. Quoted sums we can sell him for are about £5m max. Keep him and try him in the EL seems sound to me.
I had a feeling Clarke would make the squad. Could be he will be better served being "paid to train" and maybe given game time in the EL rather than an EFL loan?
I think it's just way to fill the squad. Tanganga from B list has more chance to feature than CCV for example.

It's however reflecting on how bad our management think about Danny Rose influence in the team though. Not worth having him around.

I can't see Gedson getting another game in the EPL or EFL Cup. Long odds against he will play in FA Cup games. He looks a goner.

I think Gedson was brought in as we had so many out injured, and as a loan ticked a few boxes for both Spurs and player/club/Mendes in getting a chance in PL.

However whilst he's athletic and technically ok, he doesnt impose himself on matches, as a CM he's not better than anyone in first team squad, and whilst JM has tried to look at him as a RB he's not that hreat and with Doherty/Aurier/Tanganga there's no space there.

I'd suggest he's a bit older and more experienced than Harvey White and Jamie Bowden but not that far ahead of the 19 year olds whilst Gedson is 21 and going to cost a decent fee - even if not his 40m release fee.....and there's just no space at Spurs where he looks good enough to compete.

Much better plan fior Spurs to give playing time to White and/or Bowden as they probably have the same or better chance to make it at Spurs as they have 2 years longer to try via loans or training with first team than Gedson.

So, time to find a home for Gedson whether that's back to his club or transferring loan to another club whose transfer window hasnt yet closed (eg Portugal, Switzerland)

Tanganga injured again. Not dumb to have CCV stick around just in case IMO.
I don't disagree. I am talking about getting around to get the most useful players into the EL squad, via registering enough club trained/HG players.

When everyone all fit, then we know someone like Tangaguy would be higher in the pecking order. Even when it comes to rotation, it's not about resting, not playing game. It's about playing game with low intensity, giving minutes to players that don't start every games. So my point is CCV wouldn't get much minutes at all. Same with Joe Hart will take all those lesser games in the Cup. Had we been able to sign some third rate homegrown GK like Lee Grant like Mourinho did with Man U, we would have sent our Homegrown GKs on loan. It's better for them if they can play regularly even at very low level. That's how Mourinho managed his young GK, and looked how Henderson benefited.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom