Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll give free passes to our new guys and the youth, but shame on Winks, Doherty, Gio, Davies, and Winks for supposedly being top flight footballers and can't even muster up semi-quality against rock farmers.

He’s the guy who’ll suffer the most regards starting in first team, from that performance
He was poor, but it’s hard to really show when the whole team can’t maintain any shape because you’ve got kids and nobodies in there.

Lo Celso, Sess and Gil were constantly dropping back in just to collect the ball.

One of the worst games of football I have ever watched.

Astonishing lack of quality in everything we did.

CCV needs to leave permanently. What a waste of time 'developing' him has been.
Romero looked like the tin man suffering from a serious amount of rust.
Winks started a damn Champions League final..
Sessegnon at least tried but that doesn't make up for his lack of quality.
Clarke, like Sess, once again showing he has no real right to be at Tottenham under a big fee.

The back 3 / tactical setup made us look out numbered 2:1 in most situation.

Really so poor. The idea of giving games to kids is usually positive, but tonight I can only see knocking their confidence because every single one of them looked lower than Championship standard.

We showed no respect to a team of professionals and paid the price. They deserved a slim win but what a terrible advert for this competition.

this manager is an idiot why play all those kids what did they learn ?
you can't play kids against men, you can have 2 maybe 3, but not 5 and no men on the bench

I'd say it's a sign of how seriously weak our squad depth is
Well it wasn’t a second eleven as such. We left Sunday’s team behind plus Kane, NDombele, Aurier and Sissoko. That’s 15 senior players left at home. That team was just teenagers, new signings and others who had hardly trained. Doherty, Winks and Davies were the only ones properly fit and it was their first game.
We should be able to get through, are we that bothered...would be good for the younger players but when we get to March and we are anywhere near top 4, we will just field teams like these.
Yes it’s a trophy but then so was the Audi Cup.
Much like last year Europa qualifying...I don’t think the players can be arsed with these sort of games.

Good link up play between Lo Celso and the Yorkshire brickie, leaving Winks' head spinning haha

Scarlett looks very promising, looked really sharp, hungry, strong

Most of these players on the pitch will be nowhere near the first 11 except Gio and Romero. Unfortunately most of them probably don’t deserve to make the bench.

Back
Top Bottom