Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The monotony of boring internationals certainly has that effect. Roll on some proper football at the weekend.

A few weeks of domestic action will be a welcome break from the long drawn out international season. :moursad:

The monotony of boring internationals certainly has that effect. Roll on some proper football at the weekend.
I'm actually a huge England fan, and enjoy watching us with my United mate who lives in the next village.

However, in this case a number of things have coincided. First, I've been on holiday with my in-laws, so watched Spain as opposed to England (again, I really enjoy watching Spain, especially with my father-in-law). Secondly, when these breaks come at the beginning of the season, they break up those "early-year dreams" if you know what I mean. Thirdly, said United mate hasn't been well, not sure if he can come over for the Poland game.

Whatever, YIDS YIDS YIDS and I'll be watching England tomorrow and hoping Harry nets a hat-trick!

Say it quietly, but Wenger's got the right idea on this one. Pre-qualifying games so we don't have the farce of England having four fixtures against San Marino and Andorra in a packed calendar. Have fewer matches, and play them all at once in a three or four week window in October rather than the constant stop-start and travelling.
But isn’t he proposing a World Cup every 2 years?

season 2 landing at point rain GIF by Star Wars

200.gif
200.gif

No Lo Celso, Romero or Sanchez (all quarantining in Croatia)) and possibly no Son, Sessegnon or Skipp and Bergwijn having an ice pack on his leg after coming off (so maybe six if not seven out). Looks like we will need to have several youngsters on the bench, perhaps 4 youngsters.

Lloris
Tanganga, - Rodon, - Dier, - Reguilon
Hojberg Winks , Dele
Moura, Kane, Gil​

Subs : Gollini, Doherty, Royal, Davies, Ndombele (5) plus probably 4 youngsters from Omole (CB,), Paskotsi, (CB) White (CM), John, (CM)) Clarke (AM) , Scarlett (Striker)

Jokes aside. Winks should be able to perform the role Skipp had been doing in a 4-3-3 with Holjberg and Alli along side him.

Essentially he will be there to break up play and block passing lanes. Simple fouls to slow down palace attacks.

These are the games we need to be winning if we want to challenge for the top 4. Get 3 points, and make it a comfortable game. All eyes on Kane, Alli and Son to produce the goods.

Son, Skipp, Bergwijn out injured while Lo Celso, Romero and Dav not available.

For fucks sake do I hate the international break...

Lloris
Emerson - Rodon/Tanganga - Dier - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Lucas - Dele - Gil
Kane

0-2.
When did Skipp get injured and isn’t Son’s injury now deemed precautionary sub?

Last edited:
Put Ndombele in, will be fuming if that deluded turd Winks starts.

No doubt that Ndombele would be better at transitioning the ball to our attack; but I am not convinced he is effective at cutting out passing lanes since his off the ball positioning is lazy.

Winks is better than a lot of you give him credit for; and I'd rather see a guy trying to win his place in the team rather than a guy trying to get out of the team.

No he isn't, never was and never will be. Ndombele is 5 times the midfielder

It entirely dependant on the role the player is being asked to play in the team. For example, I would rather play Dier at CB than Messi.

If we take Nuno's 3st 1 games as an example, we are playing a midfield 3 of PEH - SKIPP - DELE

Dele is playing box to box and covering the left of midfield. Full licence to press forward when we have the ball.

PEH and Skipp have less free licence to push forward. Skipp is focused around the center of the pitch, playing as 'rat catcher' - chasing down players and nipping at their heels. Whereas PEH drops deeper to block shots and help out the center backs.

If Ndombele plays he isn't going to be chasing balls, he wants PEH and another defensive midfielder to do this for him - and with no GLC/Skipp, Winks is our only clear option in this area.

Back
Top Bottom