Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier and Rodon might be the best fit in any case at the back.

Sanchez has been fantastic, but coming up against Benteke and Edouard I don't think would suit him.

the more physical strikers have really bullied Dav in the past. Mitrovic gave him a torrid time at Craven cottage a while back, He's also struggled with Wood and Barnes in the past.

Dier and Rodon are bigger lads than Dav so better for this type of game I'd say.

So so far if all those who are doubts aren't available. Then we have available for this game

Lloris
Gollini
Emerson
Doherty
Tanganga
Rodon
Dier
Reguilon
Davies
Hojbjerg
Winks
Ndombele
Dele
Gil
Lucas
Kane

16 senior players . I know quite a few could be out but still the depth is unacceptable. This is why I harped on about signing more attackers in the window. Had we replaced Bale and/or Vinicius then perhaps this situation would've not looked so bad.
Scarlett injured?

Everybody… just take a good dam breath… it’s just bad luck there’s been a few injuries, and an administrative fuck up by some argentine lackey…

He was shite in the last 2 though - give Lucas or Gil a run
yeah, not necessarily disagreeing.

We're up early on thursday too at 17:45 and then again on the Sunday so there'll be plenty of rotation and squad management.

I hope at the very least for Chelsea Sanchez, Lo Celso and Romero are back available to add to the number cause that game will be tough.

No doubt that Ndombele would be better at transitioning the ball to our attack; but I am not convinced he is effective at cutting out passing lanes since his off the ball positioning is lazy.

Winks is better than a lot of you give him credit for; and I'd rather see a guy trying to win his place in the team rather than a guy trying to get out of the team.
Just because Winks made the odd tackle and pass against a team like Paco doesn’t make him a starter in the EPL

Champo at best but I’m no Ndombelly fan either but there is potential there

We don't know the severity of Son and Skipp injuries yet. Son was said to be precaution, and Skipp will be reviewed.

We have players who can come in and replace them. Maybe not to the same quality, but we aren't going to be relying on our U16's.

You can't just throw him into this 12:30 game...he is used to a lay in on a Saturday!
Could be ideal for him in that he can have a late full English breakfast at 11am run round a bit during the game enough to work up an appetite for late lunch at 3pm
Sorted!

I think we have to play Japhet as RB against Zaha. It was a one man demolition job he did against Sterling & Grealish. He’s quick enough and aggressive. Dump Zaha on his arse a couple of times early doors and watch him wilt. I’m almost sure that everything they try and do will go through Zaha and Japh is a very good one on one player. Leaves us shaky in the middle of defence with Dier (he’s been very good so far but is one for a brainfart) & Joe Rodon who is still getting back to full fitness, but putting Doherty in there gives me palpitations of the bad sort. It’s probably a bad debut for Emerson to have to make against one of the trickiest wingers in the PL even though Palace are a bit shit otherwise and I can already hear the criticism if he has a poor start with the comparisons to Aurier and the claims of “waste of money”

Last edited:
Lloris
Emerson - Tanganga - Dier - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Dele
Bergwijn - Lucas - Gil
Kane
Arguably could throw Tanguy or Winks in for Gil and sure up the midfield more, with Gil dropping out, but I like the look of Gil. He's raw and unpredictable.

If Son and Skipp injuries are not an issue, then throw them in for Gill and Bergwijn.

Last edited:
We just need to win

Theorizing over who plays and trying to second guess performances,, against the opposition is nearly pointless.

We have the better players, a good start, are looking bizarrely to extend our lead at the top and need to see this as rectifying a wrong of last season..

Being us tells us all that will be irrelevant and that we will.contrive to lose.

But who plays is secondary to what each and every player does on Sunday.

Team game always.

Lloris
Emerson - Tanganga - Dier - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Dele
Bergwijn - Lucas - Gil
Kane
Arguably could throw Tanguy or Winks in for Skipp and sure up the midfield more, with Gil dropping out, but I like the look of Gil. He's raw and unpredictable.

If Son and Skipp injuries are not an issue, then throw them in for Gill and Bergwijn.

🧐

this could be the accelerating boost gil needs to be one of the main boys now. more than happy for him to start against palace in actual fact i think hes the sort of player we need against these type of sides, to be fair he looks the sort of player you need against any side

Back
Top Bottom