Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier and Rodon might be the best fit in any case at the back.

Sanchez has been fantastic, but coming up against Benteke and Edouard I don't think would suit him.

the more physical strikers have really bullied Dav in the past. Mitrovic gave him a torrid time at Craven cottage a while back, He's also struggled with Wood and Barnes in the past.

Dier and Rodon are bigger lads than Dav so better for this type of game I'd say.
Is Rodon eligi......

....oh, forget it.

I can't see Royal starting:
Lloris
Doherty Tanganga Dier Reggie
You know the rest

Ignoring the really shit idea of playing Doherty; with injury question marks hovering over Skipp, Berg & Sonny, the front 6 is anything but a foregone conclusion.

He will start vs Palace :nunothumb:

tumblr_obfhulCUYi1u9ikt0o2_500.gif

We just need to win

Theorizing over who plays and trying to second guess performances,, against the opposition is nearly pointless.

We have the better players, a good start, are looking bizarrely to extend our lead at the top and need to see this as rectifying a wrong of last season..

Being us tells us all that will be irrelevant and that we will.contrive to lose.

But who plays is secondary to what each and every player does on Sunday.

Team game always.
It’s the whole point of a match thread starting before the match though. We all have our thoughts on who should start and bemoan injuries sustained during the international break. I suppose if theorising isn’t for you, you could always ignore the thread until Saturday - or Sunday even

He will start vs Palace :nunothumb:

tumblr_obfhulCUYi1u9ikt0o2_500.gif
I'm not one for predictions but I'm going to make an exception...

- If Winks has a great game, his detractors will either (a) completely ignore it or (b) grudgingly accept that he was OK-ish
- If Winks has an OK game, his detractors will froth at the mouth and claim he was absolute fucking shit, the worst performance by any player in our 139-year history
- If Winks has a poor game, such will be the energy contained in the fury unleashed by his detractors that the internet will quite literally explode, with the entire time-space continuum sucked into the resulting black hole

Last edited:
Don't understand; where's the gain for the Brazilian FA?

Why do they give a shit if players play this weekend or not?
Petty Spite!

and I'm all for it!

in reality, I'd say it's an incentive to allow players to join up with the national team next month.

Hugo
Japh / Dier / Rodon / Reg
NDom / PEH / Dele
Lucas / Kane / Gil​

Today's caveats:

- As minimal disruption to the back 4 as poss (ditto the system in general).
- Japh to do a number of Zaha.
- Give Emerson his debut in Europe on Thursday. If he shines then consider who plays the Chav game in due course.
- If Stevie B has a niggle from last night; let him recover properly and play on Thursday rather than risk aggravating anything at longer term expense.
- Ditto Skippy & Son..... Gonna be a long season.
- Roll the dice on Gil..... Could be the making of him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom