Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree. Was hoping he'd struggle to get a game and we might pick him up when his contract ran down in a couple of years. Poch likes him though. Think he'll end up with a fat new deal before long.
I think that ship might have sailed.
I was like you , hoping he wouldn't get game time ( don't think he would of) but with all the injuries they've had , he has and he's done well.
For now , he seems like a mainstay in the team.

Not making that assumption at all.

I don't see Bentancur being ready to play major minutes before AFCON. I definitely doubt that he's dislodging Sarr before then.

Perhaps not, it may take a while for Bentancur to get back to his best. It may not.

But he's a better player than Sarr and I want our best players playing at every opportunity when we have 1 game a week.

He might not be a better fit for the way we play though.

Can he run and cover ground as relentlessly as Sarr?

He's probably the best suited player to Ange ball in our entire team. Hes much better on the ball than Sarr, much better touch and retention of a football and probably the best presser we have.

If he isn't fit to the way we play. I'm simply going to put that down to his injury and his legs being gone.

He's probably the best suited player to Ange ball in our entire team. Hes much better on the ball than Sarr, much better touch and retention of a football and probably the best presser we have.

If he isn't fit to the way we play. I'm simply going to put that down to his injury and his legs being gone.

Sarr and Udogie are the best pressers in our team. Richarlison close 3rd.

We don't know what kind of press contribution Bentancur makes in this system yet and if he's make to his best when he went on one man madman missions to press an entire team last year.

Sarr and Udogie are the best pressers in our team. Richarlison close 3rd.

They've been our best pressers 'this season'

We don't know what kind of press contribution Bentancur makes in this system yet and if he's make to his best when he went on one man madman missions to press an entire team last year.

If he's fit and back to his best, I struggle to understand why he wouldn't contribute in our system. He's not stupid.

Players levels below him across Asia and in Scotland have managed it. He'll be fine.

Sarr doesn't lose out by having a better player take his place. It should in theory make him better. He's 20 years old.

Sarr has been excellent this season, but people shouldn’t forget just how good Bentancur has been for us since he joined. He was our best player last season after Kane.

If he gets back to full fitness he is going to thrive in this system with his off-ball running, pressing and overall ability to play football through MF.

I can’t wait.

Sarr has been excellent this season, but people shouldn’t forget just how good Bentancur has been for us since he joined. He was our best player last season after Kane.

If he gets back to full fitness he is going to thrive in this system with his off-ball running, pressing and overall ability to play football through MF.

I can’t wait.
At the moment, the position is Sarr's to lose. If he keeps showing the consistency he has then that won't be happening any time soon. Bentancur has to earn the right to start, which is bloody good news as Bentancur at his best is excellent.

He'll have to be at his best to dislodge Sarr, no matter the age difference.

They've been our best pressers 'this season'

If he's fit and back to his best, I struggle to understand why he wouldn't contribute in our system. He's not stupid.

Players levels below him across Asia and in Scotland have managed it. He'll be fine.

Sarr doesn't lose out by having a better player take his place. It should in theory make him better. He's 20 years old.

If he’s good enough to dislodge Sarr it’s good for Spurs,

Not convinced that’s as easy as some think

I think he's very good at reading danger. Don't think his attacking output has been as good the last few games but that defensive run and header at a critical time when they we're playing a ball across the box to 2 clear players is for me why he starts. Still very young and for his first full premier league season is more than holding his own in a very tough position against very physical players. He reads the game better than any of our other cms imo.

Considering he was ill before the game, had PEH beside him instead of Bissouma, I thought he stepped up and handled the responsibility remarkably well.
At times, PEH was almost a 3rd CD he was that deep, leaving Sarr on his own in the middle... Then again, Maddison was there as the creative link for much of his hour on the pitch, and Sarr seemed to both thrive and relish the step up in responsibility....

Sarr, VDV & Udogie really DO look the real deal already, don't they?

Back
Top Bottom