Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
He didn't show up like a tool and yes I, and any normal person, have zero issue with him wearing a costume to a single press conference after telling his team he would do it to try and motivate them for a game they won.

How old are you? Apparently not old enough to read or comprehend what is written. I didn't say that complaining would get Levy fired. I never have said, implied or in anyway suggested that.
Kindergarten style motivation?
No fucking thanks

Yeah. Just the 2 arguments in the last 45 mins or so. Have a look in the mirror mate.

2 arguments is hardly a lot, especially on a site like this with all the posters and topics. I can also look at all the likes and agrees I got to see that I have a ton more discussions and posts that people agree with and are not arguments at all.

It's Igula Igula standard method. Just argue the toss with people until they give up. He thinks he's won when in reality he's on ignore.

I really don't think about winning or losing at all, just here to have fun and talk to Spurs fans.

If you come here to measure things in wins and losses that is pretty pathetic, but so are personal attacks and seem to resort to that all the time.

He is the new old Mourinho, maybe he take the reverse patch and start as shite to become good along the years.

This analysis will make a far worse reading for Mourinho, and far better reading for Fonseca...if we apply some context to it.

Spurs 7th : No injury crisis for squad unlike 19/20. Star player Kane playing lot of games with top class returns.

Roma 7th : Lead all the clubs in top5 league for chance creation by Jan21...all without their Star player Zaniolo playing 1 minute for the entire 20/21 season. Then add their injury crisis post-Feb21...

Spurs should have never finished 7th given the situation. Roma could have been far better if not for their injuries.

He didn't show up like a tool and yes I, and any normal person, have zero issue with him wearing a costume to a single press conference after telling his team he would do it to try and motivate them for a game they won.

How old are you? Apparently not old enough to read or comprehend what is written. I didn't say that complaining would get Levy fired. I never have said, implied or in anyway suggested that.
2 arguments is hardly a lot, especially on a site like this with all the posters and topics. I can also look at all the likes and agrees I got to see that I have a ton more discussions and posts that people agree with and are not arguments at all.
2 in 40 mins or so with 2 separate posters mate. You're now doing your standard deflection technique and not answering questions I've posted etc.
I'm not interested in how many discussions and posts you have. Couldn't give a shit

Is it officially both the man responsible DOF and the chosen one ? Do we have hope that poch sees the cluster fuck spurs are in and comes to rescue? I’m sure he loves spurs more than levy!

2 in 40 mins or so with 2 separate posters mate. You're now doing your standard deflection technique and not answering questions I've posted etc.
I'm not interested in how many discussions and posts you have. Couldn't give a shit

What questions did I not answer?

It is not Kindergarten motivation and the team won so good for him.

You obviously are interested with how much you have talked about me personally and as a poster rather than just focusing on what is posted.

True ...but it is a thing and looks awful.
Be Quiet Season 5 GIF by Friends

It’s just a zorro suit, mate. No biggie.

Apart from the last bit
I disagree. the Ndombele and Lo Celso transfers, as well as summer with Mourinho (which was in middle of pandemic and club was in terrible condition in terms of money, yet we did spend) showed that Levy can spend and will do it when needed. I think he considers the time without signings as his mistake which he won't repeat.
Saying that I realise that we will never be able to do transfers like City or Chelsea. We will be more like Leicester and Liverpool mix. At least that's what I get from the club's narrative and their actions.

Bit of backstory to Zorro mask thing.

Fonseca said Zorro was his childhood favourite movie to his Shakhtar's team manager. Manager had a joke bet with him that, if he beats City and take Shakhtar to CL knockouts , then he has to wear the Zorro mask in post match press conference.

2017/18 season , Man City the league champions under Pep, losing just 2 in PL with 100 points on board. City were on a 29 game unbeaten run lead up to the game.

And Shakthar beat City... it wasnt a snatch & grab win. City had back to the walls most of the game.
Shakhtar had already beaten Napoli & Feynoord.

In such a tight CL group, got 12 points ,which is commendable. End of city game, his manager came with the costume and bet was fulfilled.

I would take it as a joke on back of a good achievement and leave it at that.
I'm not bothered but try and see it from the pov of this is the man being hired to win us the league etc and he's doing that? Nah. No serious professional manager does that.
I would take it as a load of nonsense, embarrassing and leave it at that.

What questions did I not answer?

It is not Kindergarten motivation and the team won so good for him.

You obviously are interested with how much you have talked about me personally and as a poster rather than just focusing on what is posted.
I said name a professional manager you've seen, do that. You said why should I.

You're a nonsense poster as you argue with anyone about anything and, as so many others do, seem to want to batter people's opinions and make them think your way. You're a joke. Probably got a Zorro costume.

Watched two Roma matches last night/this morning. A 3-3 draw with Milan, and a 4-0 defeat to to Napoli. I'll watch a few more over the next few days. A few quick notes.

Is Pau Lopes a rated keeper? Guy was useless. The three CB's look seriously disorganised at times, Mancini looks a fairly mediocre player. Generally big gulf in quality/athleticism between Roma and the teams they faced. Well drilled in defensive and attacking set pieces. Underwhelming in both games I have to say, kind of purposefully picked games where they played badly. Dzeko's lack of mobility hampered them greatly in both games. Romagnoli did not look good for Milan, Zeilinski incredible for Napoli. Saw bits of what they were trying to do, early in the game vs Napoli and throughout vs Milan, overwhelmed physically by Napoli. Some of the patterns look like they may suit the likes of Ndom, Gio, Bergwijn. Less so Doherty, the way he employs wing backs doesn't really cater to Doherty's skillet imo. Will watch more later today, might try a few games where he used the 4-2-3-1.

Little to take away from either, Milan and Napoli were both a lot better than Roma in most areas of the field, Roma struggled to put their stamp on either game despite some set piece goals vs Milan.
You need to get out more mate, but thanks for the insight👍🏾

Back
Top Bottom