Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Just look at this fucking Charlie..

YajJhSm.png

I curse the slime you slither on, Daniel Levy.

Wait, her name is Sandra too :crouch::harrylol:

What is the alternative though? Anyone who runs the club will be a businessman, from what I’ve seen Levy really cares about the club and is actually both emotionally and financially invested in things. I just don’t see what people think will happen if Levy and ENIC clear out? Do we think some billionaire Spurs fan celebrity with a heart of gold is going to appear out of nowhere? No, it will likely be another consortium who are quite cold and business-like. The happy go lucky chairmen which some are idealizing tend to be involved with small time clubs, which we aren’t! There is nothing wrong with demanding the best from those running the club but people need to get realistic.
That'd be the ideal but ain't gonna happen so I guess we are stuck with him. Be nice just once for him to spend and not cheapskate all/most of the time. That time 3 years ago where we were flying and needed 3 players or so to really challenge andmit didn't happen....

Hey guys. You have to be calm, Paulo Fonseca is a fucking great manager, you’ll love him. His style of play is just incredible and when he found better players, even better. Pep Guardiola already talk about it in a very positive way.

He was my choice to replace my club manager (Jorge Jesus) but never happened. His last years in Rome were difficult (changes in their board, some icons like de Rossi left, there isn’t investment, has to play with a lot of youngsters...) but in Shakhtar he left a legacy with an amazing offensive style.

There is a thing that will happen for sure: you will play way better with an offensive style very similar to Guardiola.

Just look at these videos:

He’s very good, you’ll see.

What is the alternative though? Anyone who runs the club will be a businessman, from what I’ve seen Levy really cares about the club and is actually both emotionally and financially invested in things. I just don’t see what people think will happen if Levy and ENIC clear out? Do we think some billionaire Spurs fan celebrity with a heart of gold is going to appear out of nowhere? No, it will likely be another consortium who are quite cold and business-like. The happy go lucky chairmen which some are idealizing tend to be involved with small time clubs, which we aren’t! There is nothing wrong with demanding the best from those running the club but people need to get realistic.

What absolute pile of shit.

Levy is not invested in this club emotionally at all. If he was he would not make close to the decisions that he does. Even his most ardent of defenders basically have to boil it down to him not being too bad rather than actually point out positives he has done, especially recently.

As to what do we expect, I would say at a minimum having competent people in footballing positions. They is no justification to have him and Hitchen being the de facto DOF for the last number of years. Nothing has made him have to be involved in football decisions like he has.

We don't need a celebratory Spurs fan to take ownership, hell a business that hates Spurs would have done a better job because they would realize the best way to make money at this club is to not have themselves involved in football decisions. If all we get with a new owner is someone who don't think they are footballing genius but are equally cold and business like that is a massive upgrade.

I know people always cry about us not having a Roman or Oil shiek as owner, but neither do many other properly run clubs. Why can't we be like Liverpool? They are business like, they are in it to make money, they don't pour in personal finances to fund the club. But they let football guys make football decisions. If Klopp leaves there is zero chance they are hiring Paulo fucking Fonseca to take over. They aren't worried about trying to get an extra 3m taken off deals for VVD, Alisson, Jota. They aren't waiting until the last minute to try and force RB to take a shit offer for Konate. Leicester similarly have much less resources than us but they have an owner that is emotionally invested in the club, cares about the fans and lets football guys make the decisions. Even fucking Woolwich as shit as they have been at least are shit because they make bad football decisions, but it is football guys making them not Stan fucking Kroenke thinking he knows best.

Igula Igula When you start a message off in such an antagonistic way do you think anyone will offer it credibility? Work on your communication mate, you’ve already got quite a bad name for yourself on this forum.

I don't really care about "my name on this forum" and sorry if the truth is looked at as antagonistic.

There has been way too much pathetic Levy-apologizing going on lately and I don't see any need for it to be treated with kid gloves, it needs to be called out for the complete and utter bullshit that it is.

The idea of an assistant Manager is to take over if the Manager is unavailable. That just has not happened since Martin Jol. Clearly Mourinho's assistant was not even considered as good as Mason as he was not put in charge until the end of the season.
Chills when I think back to Stuart Houston standing in for George Graham.

Even if we were at our peak with the best squad we had and great feelings around the club this guy would be a disaster hire, but to bring in a crap manager when everything else is crap seems to just be doubling down on failure.

I was hoping that after the initial wore off there would be some positives to take with this guy but the fact it there just isn't. There is nothing to indicate he should be close to getting a job like this, nothing to indicate he will do well, there isn't a single positive when evaluating Fonseca at all.

The closest thing to a positive with him is that when Lopetegui was linked yesterday, a guy I want nowhere near this club, I actually got a little excited for it because at least he wasn't Fonseca. Now that that rumour is shown to be the bogus report it always was there isn't much hope left.

You are a moron, no doubt. Because of little numpties like yourself, who voice opinion, when they shouldn't, simply because they are stupid since birth, that is the state of our fans.

Where is Nagesmann you asshole? You were saying he was ready to come if Jose left. Fucking moron.

Hey guys. You have to be calm, Paulo Fonseca is a fucking great manager, you’ll love him. His style of play is just incredible and when he found better players, even better. Pep Guardiola already talk about it in a very positive way.

He was my choice to replace my club manager (Jorge Jesus) but never happened. His last years in Rome were difficult (changes in their board, some icons like de Rossi left, there isn’t investment, has to play with a lot of youngsters...) but in Shakhtar he left a legacy with an amazing offensive style.

There is a thing that will happen for sure: you will play way better with an offensive style very similar to Guardiola.

Just look at these videos:

He’s very good, you’ll see.

I like that first video mainly for the fact they got the ball to the byline. Classic guardiola. Such a dangerous position.

At least he is attacking. I was expecting someone like Potter, so don't really understand the melting on here. I don't know what calibre of manager people were expecting.
Look forward to a new reign.

At least he is attacking. I was expecting someone like Potter, so don't really understand the melting on here. I don't know what calibre of manager people were expecting.
Look forward to a new reign.

I would be much more happy with Potter, because he hasn't failed at a club similar to ours like Fonseca and has experience in PL football. I don't think the latter is vital but if you are looking at two similar guys I would take the guy with PL experience.

I was expecting to be let down but didn't think it would be this big of a let down. My issue isn't just that it wasn't Nagelsmann, Poch, ETH or Conte, but that there is a big gap, and many available managers between them and Fonseca.

There are zero positives to latch on to with this guy and at least with Potter, as much as people laugh at it, we could spin that the xG would translate to us, it is something positive to latch onto.

There are zero positives to latch on to with this guy and at least with Potter, as much as people laugh at it, we could spin that the xG would translate to us, it is something positive to latch onto.
xG also rated Fonseca’s Roma as better than the results indicated.

I predict everyone will have fallen in love with this guy by October. We’ll stylishly batter a couple of bad teams early and be superficially in good shape in the table.

Then I predict it will end in tears anyway.

Back
Top Bottom