Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
Must admit, I'm struggling to see what he struggles at?

His distribution is solid. He's shown to be a great shot stopper from his debut save against Palace, some decent saves against Brighton and again today. 2 cleansheets in 3 Premier League games for us and 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 games in goal for us.

3rd choice at Southampton and 3rd choice at Tottenham - surely he could have found himself a club who would take him as their number 1?

6 ft 5, good hands, beautiful face, young. What's not to love here?

Mention for his performance last night. His distribution is really very good, for once I'm not biting my nails when our keeper gets the ball at his feet. His passing is first time, crisp and straight to feet, he chips the ball nicely to the touchlines for the WB position (note to Lloris, not into the crowd), and his clearances upfield went a mile.

And again, good shot stopper. I thought he might have come for that corner.

I like Vorm, and his performance in that 1-1 v Dippers when they took us to the cleaners for 45 was the tops, but he's never reproduced that.

Surely it's time to promote PG to 2nd, and promote one of the good young lads coming through the ranks, maybe Brandon Austin. Vorm's good enough to be a decent team's first choice, and Levy will need all the money he can get.

While I do think Hugo's time is coming to an end with us I think it's unfair to assume that he's not first choice based on Gazza having one good game. You only have to cast your mind back to games against Dortmund, City and Ajax in the CL (all 3 away performances) where Hugo kept us in the game. It's easy to remember Moura's hat-trick but as someone that has watched the highlights more times than I can remember Hugo definitely has saved us!

That doesn't mean I don't think his replacement should be getting lined up.

Last edited:
One of the unsung heroes of tonight. Did whatever was required of him calmly and professionally. I think Hugo will struggle to get back unless Poch does the 'old pals' act.

Can't lie, I was extremely worried about us when Hugo got injured, and also very sceptical of Gazza. But, he is amazing, and I don't think that Hugo will be our first choice keeper when he comes back. Also, his no-nonsense approach when it comes to kicking the ball away and not try to take on attackers is so refreshing to see.

Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman , my condolences.

Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

Back
Top Bottom