Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
Looked more comfortable than Vorm, defence looked better than with Vorm (the comedy injury time goal & subsequent brain fart from the restart aside) so that’s enough for me.
Vorm has been a disaster I’m afraid.

How chilled was he making that second penalty save. Shit penalty but still - not a fuck was given.

paulo_gazzaniga_of_tottenham_saves_the_penalty_of_etienne_capoue_924745.jpg

if we advance through the CL we'll definitely see Lloris return, but if we drop down to the EL wouldnt mind seeing him start and getting some more consistent game time.

This would be one of the rare positives of being knocked out of the Champions League. We would hopefully see more game time from the likes of Gazzaniga, KWP, Skipp etc. whilst also seeing players like Rose and Wanyama use it as a platform to gain full fitness.

It looks evidently clear that he's second choice now.

Aslong as teams don't cross balls into the box, he's fine. Otherwise he'd be my number one goalkeeper choice.

But excellent when called upon. Definitely number two ahead of Vorm now.

Nowhere near enough. It moved maybe an inch. His body shape was all wrong. He tried to do a cricket style long barrier. I got that technique knocked out of me as a young keeper very early because you can't react well.
It was actually deflected twice if you watch the replay and perhaps his technique wasn't perfect, but that was the difference between saving it and a goal imo, I don't really blame him for this one.

I like Gazza as a keeper but that was a very poor goal to concede.
His distribution is top notch and his shot stopping is usually excellent.

If Lloris had let that in this place would go into melt down

Back
Top Bottom