Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he dealt with the situation far better than Bentancur did. As of right now if I wanted to get Bissouma in it would be at the expense of Bentancur, not Hojbjerg.

*dives for cover*

Horses for courses IMO - I prefer Bentacour vs weaker, more low block teams (he gives us more natural rhythm) and Hoejberg in the bigger games as he’s more pro-active, as things stand.

I have a similar theory about Davies and Lenglet for LCB.

But Sunday was on Conte. And the 2 CMs and Sessegnon in particular were on a hiding to nothing in that first hour.

Funny that even with a goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge helping us to gain a valuable point he still has the usual suspects shouting for his benching immediately hahaha. Absolutely blinded by their hateful gaze this lot.
Just a different opinion to you, that’s all

I firmly believe we will be a better side once he’s dropped. He’s a basic, one paced, rigid plodder (imo). Much improved alongside Benta but doesn’t do certain things well enough and holds us back. Good squad player

Last edited:
It's a cult. Your not allowed to genuinely not be impressed by him. Nice bloke average player very upgradeable. Capable of having really good games especially when we'll rested. Lacks mobility and on occasions shirks responsibility in favour of pointing and performance . This is not hatred he deserves a squad place but I'm not getting why he is beyond reproach.

Last edited:
I dare anyone to show me a footage of him taking at least 2 balls from Chelsea players. Hell you will struggle to find one. He was and he is bang average and always was.
This stats are for fanboys and means nothing. I was watching our midfilders closely. Not a single interception, not a single through pass, not a single enemy attacker beaten.
He may have 100% pass sucess, vut that doesn't speak s**** when all are to the side or back. They were also beaten very easily. Put balls behind them? Easy.
And Emerson so far 2 matches, 2 goala on him. Bang terrible.
Him and Bentancur were left to the wolves though. They were 2v4 for the entirety of the 1st half and some of the 2nd half. Of course they couldn't do shit, they were outnumbered all the time.

Unless we are getting Frankie De Jong as the replacement it’s a no from me. PEH isn’t the worlds best but is reliable and rarely gets injured, the fee would have to be big and the replacement a step up.

agree, Think he's hugely undervalued by some fans, I think the trust Conte and Jose show in him shows his character.
Real Madrid would've had to dig much deeper in their wallet than they'd be comfortable with for Conte to accept that one

finally find a player that epitomises what it's like putting on our shirt and representing us and he's slagged off and not appreciated.

I hardly think a couple of the usual suspects on here is representative.

I like PEH, but he isn't flawless or beyond valid criticism. And he certainly has a price.

This feels like a non-starter anyway because it isn't happening, but out of interest, what would you say he's worth ?

The amusing part of this is that if you asked pretty much everyone on this forum (including me) to name the top 5 midfielders RM would target to replace Casemiro, given that they signed Camavinga last season and Tchouaméni this, and already have Modric, Kroos & Valverde, I suspect hardly anyone would have put PEH on the list.

I may be putting 2 + 2 together and making 27.

But I note, Ancelotti was keen to push Casemiro out the door, and has prior interest in PEH.

And Conte said at yesterday's presser, I paraphrase, that any player leaving (by which I assume he means the core squad, not the banished 4), would need to be replaced.

If Paratici thought he could get eg Zaniolo & SMS with the extra money from the PEH deal, Conte might be persuaded to sell him.

So then…rumours of PEH to Madrid I assume from past few posts.
Either
1- bullshit.
2- accurate.

If 1, as you were.
If 2, then it will be very interesting to see how posters on here respond to whatever the club does.

Sell - undermining Conte to turn a quick buck?
Keep- fucking clogger that we should have sold and penny pinching Levy has undermined Conte?

Personally, I think Conte sees him as hugely reliable and one of the first names on the team sheet.
The guy barely misses a minute.
I don’t reckon there’s much chance of Conte giving his blessing to a sale at this stage unless there is someone very special lined up and willing to come to us.

I could see him being a goer for the right price as we got him for fuck all comparatively with the old ENIC running out of contract special bargain favourite transfer tactic.

Signed for £15m or something and easily worth £40m in the market.

Don't want him to go anywhere personally.

Workhorse. Hes never gunna be a flair guy. He will play from start of season until the very last game. And its gunna be a long old season. Crucial crucial player.

Now if we can find a creative mid it will be the perfect balance

Great in the second half. Not sure he was MOTM as Kulusevski and Perisic were probably better overall but not really important. He stepped up big time in that second half.

Are you sure? Højbjerg appears to be behind Xhaka in PP/90 per this graph you posted in February.

Outnumbered double pivot. LOL.
Xhaka is playing almost as an AM now.

We have a double pivot midfield of Bentancur and PEH. They play exactly the same role neither an 8 or a 6, a hybrid of the two. Without the ball, they are exactly in line with each other, depending on where the oppo is they press individually and aggressively out of a deep position but one goes whilst the other sits and visa versa.

They were outnumbered vs Chav as they were vs Wolves (and in many other games last year but this is how Conte has chosen to set us up).

FarWntEXgAAvwvE

The two surrounded above is Bentancur & PEH, this is a double pivot.

FarX1C4XoAEUNkq

FarYxlXXgAAUjGm

Back
Top Bottom