Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like SMS but he'd drown in a two man PL midfield. Hojbjerg more likely be replaced by somebody like Ruben Neves or Locatelli imo. Doubt it's a runner, Hojbjerg is an important player for us whatever way you spin it and I don't see Madrid spending 40-50m on him.

So then…rumours of PEH to Madrid I assume from past few posts.
Either
1- bullshit.
2- accurate.

If 1, as you were.
If 2, then it will be very interesting to see how posters on here respond to whatever the club does.

Sell - undermining Conte to turn a quick buck?
Keep- fucking clogger that we should have sold and penny pinching Levy has undermined Conte?

Personally, I think Conte sees him as hugely reliable and one of the first names on the team sheet.
The guy barely misses a minute.
I don’t reckon there’s much chance of Conte giving his blessing to a sale at this stage unless there is someone very special lined up and willing to come to us.

I could see him being a goer for the right price as we got him for fuck all comparatively with the old ENIC running out of contract special bargain favourite transfer tactic.

Signed for £15m or something and easily worth £40m in the market.

Don't want him to go anywhere personally.

PEH against Chelsea: 4 tackles, 6 clearances, 3 blocked shots, 90% complete passes (and highest number of passes from a non-CB), 1 key pass, ONE FUCKING GOAL

Posters on here: plodder, can't play, bench him, can't defend

:contesideeye:

Crazy that whoever we have had at Spurs since we signed him play him literally every minute of every game though isn't it lads? Mustn't know what they're doing :contelol:
oxQXrK6.png

Show me where is this 4 tackles and the so call 6 clearances. The 90% complete passes are to the side and to the back, absolutely irrelevant.

Nowadays people are really losing their mind, judging a performance based on stats, rather their eyes.
This ain't how football works.

If i can dig deep i can probably find stats where Son was great in that Chelsea match, yet he was utter garbage.

Again i have kept a close eyes on him and Benta and there was terrible all match, beside the goal for PEH.

Some people are so bias on here it's ridiculous. And i have never claim we should sell him or so. He is just not a first starter for a team with decent ambitious for something more than just fight for top 4. Even as a top 4 contender he is just not good enough.

He is a great squad player though.
Just about the worst take I've read about a player! Literally, you couldn't be more wrong.

He literally has the most progressive passes per 90, AND the goals and assists out of ALL our mids!!

But let's not stop there, this is his numbers when compared to others playing in the same position across Europe................

Fai2gnrUcAAk6ha

Might I suggest that the issue is with you, what you aren't seeing because trust me, I see the things he does, the passes he makes he passes my eye test and the stats simply back up what my eyes see.

I would assume aesthetics come to play when some people watch Hojbjerg.

He's not a Modric type blessed player with low centre of gravity who looks good on the ball. He's not that tall languid cool type player that Busquets is. He's not calm and composed like a Kroos. He's not technically gifted like a Thiago.

But what he does provide, and this is why hate surprises me, is the complete team player. He listens to instructions and does exactly what needs to be done for the team. Doesn't matter on the opponent. He provides a level that the team should all desire to be on. I'm not saying he's world class. He's far from it. But that guy bleeds Tottenham when he's on the pitch. He probably goes home and doesn't give a shit about the club or it's history. But for 90 minutes a week, that guy gets it. What it means to put that Spurs shirt on when he does. And for that, you can't hate.

We would be a lot better off if the rest of our squad had the same mentality Hojbjerg had. There's a reason Conte sees so much in him. And that is also the reason Conte won't be selling him.

Even if Bissouma and Bentancur overtake him in the starting eleven. Even if Skipp comes in and provides a better option. Having someone like Hojbjerg in that squad, able to come on or start games is a massive boost and a real good position we find ourselves in. Especially under Conte,

Just about the worst take I've read about a player! Literally, you couldn't be more wrong.

He literally has the most progressive passes per 90, AND the goals and assists out of ALL our mids!!

But let's not stop there, this is his numbers when compared to others playing in the same position across Europe................

Fai2gnrUcAAk6ha

Might I suggest that the issue is with you, what you aren't seeing because trust me, I see the things he does, the passes he makes he passes my eye test and the stats simply back up what my eyes see.
I have asked a proof, not some s*** stats that i already state are irrelevant. Some people on here are so bias, they turn completely blind. Again stats are one thing, reality another. Still waiting for the video proof of the things i mention.
He is bang average, not better than that and he is easily upgredable.
He is good bench option though, nothing more than that.

I have asked a proof, not some s*** stats that i already state are irrelevant. Some people on here are so bias, they turn completely blind. Again stats are one thing, reality another. Still waiting for the video proof of the things i mention.

Where did you even pop in here from you blow-in? Was it collect 10 potato chips packets and get into 'soccer' or something?

Where did you even pop in here from you blow-in? Was it collect 10 potato chips packets and get into 'soccer' or something?
Unlike most of you i actually have played football for many years in the past.

PEH won't start for any top 6 team in the league, he is that good. On his best day he is bang average.
Easily one of the weakest link alongside with our WBs currently, Emerson and Sess.
There is a reason we were utter s***** before Conte arrival.

Yeah, selling Hojbjerg makes perfect sense when we've spent the whole summer improving our squad depth to challenge for trophies and bending over backwards to encourage Conte to stay.

Hojbjerg sale = whole season ruined two games in and Conte walking. Don't see it happening.

Will people on here learn to read ? I have never suggested we should sell him or not play him at all.
But he is easily the most upgradable unit in our team in the starting 11.

He is just not good enough. I get that some people have different opinion, good on them, but they should respect other people opinions as well.

I base my opinion on what i see with my eyes. Stats are absolutely bollocks.

There was stats that made Jadon Sancho an absolutely world class, that he have created more chances than most players in the world, and all that nonsenses, and he is utter garbage for United. Same for Bruno being top 3 in a lot of stats, but he is being nothing special for United.

Again you can find all kind of stats that put some bang average player looking like prime Makelele, Gatuso and so on.

Kante is often missing from most stats, yet he is one of the best in the world in that position.

Unlike most of you i actually have played football for many years in the past.

PEH won't start for any top 6 team in the league, he is that good. On his best day he is bang average.
Easily one of the weakest link alongside with our WBs currently, Emerson and Sess.
There is a reason we were utter s***** before Conte arrival.

Will people on here learn to read ? I have never suggested we should sell him or not play him at all.
But he is easily the most upgradable unit in our team in the starting 11.

He is just not good enough. I get that some people have different opinion, good on them, but they should respect other people opinions as well.

I base my opinion on what i see with my eyes. Stats are absolutely bollocks.

There was stats that made Jadon Sancho an absolutely world class, that he have created more chances than most players in the world, and all that nonsenses, and he is utter garbage for United. Same for Bruno being top 3 in a lot of stats, but he is being nothing special for United.

Again you can find all kind of stats that put some bang average player looking like prime Makelele, Gatuso and so on.

Kante is often missing from most stats, yet he is one of the best in the world in that position.

💩🤡

:kaneshh:

Workhorse. Hes never gunna be a flair guy. He will play from start of season until the very last game. And its gunna be a long old season. Crucial crucial player.

Now if we can find a creative mid it will be the perfect balance

Back
Top Bottom