POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
The only evidence is the words his agent has spoken about it. Here's a few articles, there are more saying exactly the same thing

Notice the different wording in the headline of this one, it still says the same thing though.

"Last week we relayed a story from Spanish outlet Sport (via Sport Witness) that claimed Coutinho was left outraged when Levy tried to change the financial terms of the deal at the last minute. The Brazilian was said to be heading to Spurs on loan but eventually joined Bayern Munich instead.

However, Coutinho’s agent, Kia Joorabchian, has now revealed Levy did not have anything to do with the move falling through. He told the Mirror: “Philippe Coutinho has no personal issue with Daniel Levy and claims otherwise are totally false. The deal did not collapse due to financial reasons.
Yep I saw a lot of them mate, but absolutely none of them point to the fact that Poch 'rejected him', as far as I'm aware?

That is merely an angle a rag decided to go with on the back of Joorabchains quotes.

Says the man talking about Mirror Articles to try and prove his. LOL.

Also as I explained to your chum Baz, the Talksport piece is merely stating a fact which highlights the nonsense viewpoint that Mourinho has improved the team.
So I ask again, you have already made your mind up on Mourinho?

Did you give Poch 5 games, 5 months or 5 years?

Says the man talking about Mirror Articles to try and prove his. LOL.

Also as I explained to your chum Baz, the Talksport piece is merely stating a fact which highlights the nonsense viewpoint that Mourinho has improved the team.
A crumb of evidence falls from the table suggesting that the manager, rather than the chairman, may have been responsible for turning down a single player and the Levy Cultists are all over it like flies over shit.

Like a new born drawn to the nipple.

Anything, Anything, ... to back their man .

:dempsey:

Alrightee then, seeing as Talksport doesn't tickle your fancy, here's another outlet merely making the same point and, I repeat, bullshitting the narrative that Mourinho has improved us.

But like your chum John Thomas you’re missing the point in that you should only judge José when he’s had sufficient time to bed in the team with his ideas and his players
Not judging him on what he’s done so far with the shambles he took over in mid season

But still we’re in a better position now than when he took over

14th and in free fall when Poch rightly got sacked on the back of some of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a Spurs side and I’ve been supporting them since 1960

Colchester
Brighton

An absolute disgrace to our shirt and I don’t know how you or your chum can defend that

Not going to answer this then - So... I ask again why did Poch turn down Coutinho? Simple question to a simple man...

OK...

No you’re not going to get one

Being a hypocrite John likes putting the questions but not answering them

Misty eyes remembering singing Poch he’s magic you know

No trophies for losers I’m afraid

Not going to answer this then - So... I ask again why did Poch turn down Coutinho? Simple question to a simple man...

OK...
If Pochettino did turn down Coutinho, I guess it's because he didn't think he'd fit his style of play or improve the team. I'm sure he's a better judge tham you and I.

Why do you think he turned down Coutinho? If he turned down Coutinho.
And who has been the constant figure at the club through 20 years of (your words) unnacceptable failure?

So I ask again, you have already made you mind up on Mourinho?

Did you give Poch 5 games, 5 months or 5 years?
Pretty incomparable. Poch was a breath of fresh air when he arrived and when he spoke you could see he genuinely cared about Spurs and the fans and that he would give his absolute all to improve us as a club and bring us up to the top level.

Mourinho, on the other hand, I don't really think gives a fuck about Tottenham. I think he's stale and washed up and his methods are just no longer compatible with being being really successful at the very top any more. He doesn't care if he gets sacked (why would he$$$???) and will probably just potter along sucking all the life and soul out of the club before leaving us in a mess as he has with the majority of clubs hes managed.

But that's neither here nor there in truth, because he's going nowhere for the time being, so I will continue to back the team while he's here.

Yep I saw a lot of them mate, but absolutely none of them point to the fact that Poch 'rejected him', as far as I'm aware?

That is merely an angle a rag decided to go with on the back of Joorabchains quotes.
Well, according to the agent the deal didn't fall through due to any financial aspect.

So, if we accept that we were in for him (which we obviously were), and that the financials weren't a problem (as his agent has said) and the player himself didn't back out, it really only leaves one option.

Pretty incomparable. Poch was a breath of fresh air when he arrived and when he spoke you could see he genuinely cared about Spurs and the fans and that he would give his absolute all to improve us as a club and bring us up to the top level.

Mourinho, on the other hand, I don't really think gives a fuck about Tottenham. I think he's stale and washed up and his methods are just no longer compatible with being being really successful at the very top any more. He doesn't care if he gets sacked (why would he$$$???) and will probably just potter along sucking all the life and soul out of the club before leaving us in a mess as he has with the majority of clubs hes managed.

But that's neither here nor there in truth, because he's going nowhere for the time being, so I will continue to back the team while he's here.
Ah... so you have made your mind up.

I thought you had. Thanks for the clarification.

Well, according to the agent the deal didn't fall through due to any financial aspect.

So, if we accept that we were in for him (which we obviously were), and that the financials weren't a problem (as his agent has said) and the player himself didn't back out, it really only leaves one option.
Does it? To me the most obvious conclusion to take from it, and I stress this is only my opinion, is that we decided against going for Coutinho because we decided to go all in for, and were pretty confident of getting, Paulo Dybala.

You can't take an agent's word as Gospel, stevee.

Does it? To me the most obvious conclusion to take from it, and I stress this is only my opinion, is that we decided against going for Coutinho because we decided to go all in for, and were pretty confident of getting, Paulo Dybala.

You can't take an agent's word as Gospel, stevee.
If we had pretty much agreed terms with him as suggested (financials wasn't a problem), then you would of thought that the agent would have said that Levy pulled the plug on it.

Clearly neither the agent nor Coutinho have a problem with Levy, which wouldn't be the case if he had messed them about. i.e. had everything ready to go and then pulled out.

If we had pretty much agreed terms with him as suggested (financials wasn't a problem), then you would of thought that the agent would have said that Levy pulled the plug on it.

Clearly neither the agent nor Coutinho have a problem with Levy, which wouldn't be the case if he had messed them about. i.e. had everything ready to go and then pulled out.
Not buying it, stevee. And it would have been a dreadful signing, IMO.

Wrong again

He was anything like a breath of fresh air when he arrived in 2014 and he struggled as new managers often do and finished 5th the next season and LOST a league cup final to the Chavs

It was only in the season 2015/16 that he came good being fortunate enough to have an excellent squad but still couldn’t overhaul Leicester and in the end was humiliated at
Newcastle finishing 3rd in a two horse race!

I disagree that Mourinho is stale or washed up and that was a really poor comment

I think Jose cares deeply about every club he’s managed even if things don’t always turn out so well but nobody can say that he’s not a winner

Balague rubbishing claim that Poch vetoed Coutinho deal.
From your article;

“That’s definitely not the story. The story in fact is that Pochettino did want Coutinho, but right at the end Daniel Levy decided to reduce some of the financial agreements that had been reached,” Balague said.

From my article;

"Joorabchian said: "Philippe Coutinho has no personal issue with Daniel Levy and claims otherwise are totally false. The deal did not collapse due to financial reasons."

As with every story there's always 2 sides, but on this one I'm going to go with the only available quote from someone involved in the deal.

I forget who it was but someone in football said previously that Levy, though a hard bargainer, never changed the goal posts once a deal had been reached.

Wrong again

He was anything like a breath of fresh air when he arrived in 2014 and he struggled as new managers often do and finished 5th the next season and LOST a league cup final to the Chavs

It was only in the season 2015/16 that he came good being fortunate enough to have an excellent squad but still couldn’t overhaul Leicester and in the end was humiliated at
Newcastle finishing 3rd in a two horse race!

I disagree that Mourinho is stale or washed up and that was a really poor comment

I think Jose cares deeply about every club he’s managed even if things don’t always turn out so well but nobody can say that he’s not a winner
So lemme get this straight, he was shit in 14/15, but then in 15/16 ie the following fucking season he was good but only because he was 'fortunate enough to have an excellent squad' even though bar Alderweireld it was the same fucking squad as 14/15!

I don't know if the lockdown is getting to you or you're over tired or what, but sweet Jesus you are talking some awful ring tonight.

Back
Top Bottom