POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
I'm sure this comes as a complete surprise to everyone (in fact I am shocked!) but this reply doesn't address my questions dear sir. I'm sure this was just a mere oversight on your part considering your usually keen attention to detail. Similarly, your answering of a question with a question was surely an unintended misstep in your otherwise exemplary comportment on this board.

So, considering your affinity for 'facts' and your desire to impugn Poch at all opportunities I've asked you to address what the club had won in the 5 years previous to Poch's arrival. Beyond that, how many CLs did the club qualify for in those years? And if you are feeling charitable you could even throw in how many consecutive CLs were achieved but that can be dealer's choice if you prefer.

Again, we look forward to your illuminating response Mr H. We are sorry to have bothered you a second time but we feel that a clarification would serve both parties in this instance. And considering how much of a good-faith broker you are typically we feel that this matter wouldn't be too great an imposition as it gives you the opportunity to further burnish your credentials as such. And beyond that it should only take 1 word to answer each question.
Loads of words as usual from you which mean fuck all.

I answered your question.

When will you answer the initial question - Who is this success oriented manager you speak of? The current manager who is a serial winner? Or the one who had 5 years at Spurs and won nothing?

I won't hold my breath...

Last edited:
For some reason, these guys would rather throw their support behind a profit orientated CEO than a success orientated manager and his football team.

Sick stuff
t is ridiculously obvious that Levy and Enic have failed to deliver any success in 20 years, A new stadium with higher ticket prices is definitely not success especially accompanied by a failure to deliver on the pitch and as you put it, having transfer windows with less spending than Accrington Stanley.

Why is it always the same adolescent tactics from folks like you when they are talking bollocks? It's all there in writing for everyone to see. You aren't fooling anyone. It should be embarrassing for you...show some self-respect.
When will you answer the initial question - Who is this success oriented manager who speak of? The current manager who is a serial winner? Or the one who had 5 years at Spurs and won nothing?

I won't hold my breath...
Clearly John Thomas John Thomas was talking about Poch and your responses (you call them 'questions' but they are rhetorical in nature) are being used to counter his arguments and they are meant to compare with Mou. We get that big boy. A 3 year old would have gotten that so I'm surprised to see you fashion it as something groundbreaking. Only 1 person is avoiding answering questions here. If you can't answer them then perhaps you should put a cork in it. Just a thought.

TLDRFDATBCALORSFA (In case you are wondering that acronym stands for "tldr for dumb asses that believe complaining about length of replies substitutes for argumentation"): Poch, Mou, Poch

The problem is the reasoning behind those rhetorical devices and it is exactly what I posed in my questions. So here we go again in list form since your brain is having a hard time with the more prosaic form (extrapolated from you own testimony)

1) What did the club win in the 5 years prior to Poch?

2) How many CLs did the club qualify for in those years?

3) And if you are feeling generous then feel free to tell us how many consecutive CLs were achieved.

I answered your question.
You did not. Feel free to quote those answers to prove me wrong. But I'm generous and am giving you another chance to show everyone that you aren't the complete loudmouth, know-nothing that you play on a daily basis round these parts. We've got our fingers crossed for you but you do have significant ground to make up.
Loads of words as usual from you which mean fuck all.
And finally, words having meaning John. You just have to be able to put it together. Start by sounding out the phonemes if you can. If you aren't having any luck there then go upstairs and ask you mother for help like a good boy.

Why is it always the same adolescent tactics from folks like you when they are talking bollocks? It's all there in writing for everyone to see. You aren't fooling anyone. It should be embarrassing for you...show some self-respect.

Clearly John Thomas John Thomas was talking about Poch and your responses (you call them 'questions' but they are rhetorical in nature) are being used to counter his arguments and they are meant to compare with Mou. We get that big boy. A 3 year old would have gotten that so I'm surprised to see you fashion it as something groundbreaking. Only 1 person is avoiding answering questions here. If you can't answer them then perhaps you should put a cork in it. Just a thought.

TLDRFDATBCALORSFA (In case you are wondering that acronym stands for "tldr for dumb asses that believe complaining about length of replies substitutes for argumentation"): Poch, Mou, Poch

The problem is the reasoning behind those rhetorical devices and it is exactly what I posed in my questions. So here we go again in list form since your brain is having a hard time with the more prosaic form (extrapolated from you own testimony)

3) And if you are feeling generous then feel free to tell us how many consecutive CLs were achieved.

You did not. Feel free to quote those answers to prove me wrong. But I'm generous and am giving you another chance to show everyone that you aren't the complete loudmouth, know-nothing that you play on a daily basis round these parts. We've got our fingers crossed for you but you do have significant ground to make up.

And finally, words having meaning John. You just have to be able to put it together. Start by sounding out the phonemes if you can. If you aren't having any luck there then go upstairs and ask you mother for help like a good boy.
Lots of words, saying nothing...

Don't bring my family into this especially my Mother you cunt.
Right, indignation as deflection. Nicely done but facile and juvenile. Answer the questions and shove that indignation up your ass.

Lots of words, saying nothing...
Now, do your momma proud and answer the questions:

A thread for you to read - https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/straight-up-motherfuck-cancer.10989/

No indignation, just disgust.

I'm done with you now, you think bringing family in is a good look, I don't. I've foul voted you too.

I won't be responding to you again.
Of course you won't because you've been avoiding it all night because you are a coward, a loudmouth know-nothing coward.

And your attempts to paint this as somehow disrespecting your family is pitiful. I've stated nothing negative about your family you coward. If anything your childish behavior is shaming them. But I don't think you have the self-respect to feel shame.

And you can shove your retaliatory foul vote up your childish ass as well. Perhaps in the future you shouldn't get involved in situations that you cannot handle like an adult...you know, with words...and thinking. Anyone that reads this will see your childish opportunism. And it's sad that you would use it in this situation, in this manner. That's the real shame...and all because you couldn't answer a few simple questions.

Remember the lesson you learned tonight John.

todd1882 todd1882 - JohnH’s mother died recently. Maybe you didn’t know that, but best to leave that out of your argument.

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs - I know I’ve said some horrible stuff in the heat of the moment before, which I’ve apologised for, but hopefully we can just get back to everyday discussions (and occasional disagreements) without any undertone.

Grief doesn’t go away. We just have to try and grow around it.

todd1882 todd1882 @todd1882 - JohnH’s mother died recently. Maybe you didn’t know that, but best to leave that out of your argument.
No I didn't know but his mother wasn't in the argument, to be clear. I was making a statement about his childish behavior. Let's make that clear. Perhaps he is sensitive at this time I can appreciate and sympathize. But if he were a decent fellow he could have made that clear instead of writing
Don't bring my family into this especially my Mother you cunt.
Am I right? As adults he could have just said what you said, in a reasonable tone instead of the typical juvenile manner in which he behaves around here. And even then I would have reminded him that I said nothing disrespectful of his family nor deserving of his childish response. And beyond that suffering tragedy doesn't absolve one of the responsibility for civility and reasonable comportment.

Thanks for informing me though Jerry.

Given 5 years like the fans favourite Poch was we will have a minimum of 2-3 trophies. But some of you retards want Poch back Fucking hell

I think that, for example, if Ancelloti does what Poch did with us - take a mid table shambles and turn it into a consistent CL-qualifying team including navigating through a period of stadium transition and ultra low transfer budgets, including a glorious run to the CL Finsl punching well above our weight - it would be considered a massive and unlikely success.

Poch’s reign was hugely successful in getting us established among the big boys of the EPL and a growing European reputation. We’ve won nothing of note since 1991 and no championship in almost 60 years. What club do people think we had before Poch? Trophies left, right and centre? Idiots.

Poch was clear that we needed a change in strategy and approach to make the jump to another ‘next’ level i.e. to compete for trophies with the likes of City. That hasn’t come from Levy and Co. probably as they’re too busy taking out money from the club. £7m remuneration to DL in one year tells you all - and he’s the cunt looking for players to take wage cuts now

Levy and ENIC and fundamentally Joe Lewis are the ones who let us stagnate. And, great businessmen that they are, couldn’t land a stadium sponsorship deal.

Poch was an absolute hero for us and we were lucky to have him.

The decision to let poch go was correct imo the team had been on the slide for a while losing to Colchester with barely a shot on goal was a disgrace.
Then the trashing by Bayern was an embarrassing episode which was no mean feat to achieve considering the clubs history of embarrassing results.
I think Jose is up against it with levy although I will support the manager he isn't going to get what he wants, and therefore the relationship will end in disaster with the club not qualifying for Europe or getting near to winning anything yet again.

Brighton was the final straw for me

Embarrassing doesn’t even cover it

He had to go

I'm sure this comes as a complete surprise to everyone (in fact I am shocked!) but this reply doesn't address my questions dear sir. I'm sure this was just a mere oversight on your part considering your usually keen attention to detail. Similarly, your answering of a question with a question was surely an unintended misstep in your otherwise exemplary comportment on this board.

So, considering your affinity for 'facts' and your desire to impugn Poch at all opportunities I've asked you to address what the club had won in the 5 years previous to Poch's arrival. Beyond that, how many CLs did the club qualify for in those years? And if you are feeling charitable you could even throw in how many consecutive CLs were achieved but that can be dealer's choice if you prefer.

Again, we look forward to your illuminating response Mr H. We are sorry to have bothered you a second time but we feel that a clarification would serve both parties in this instance. And considering how much of a good-faith broker you are typically we feel that this matter wouldn't be too great an imposition as it gives you the opportunity to further burnish your credentials as such. And beyond that it should only take 1 word to answer each question.

Stop acting like a twat

We’ve enough on here as it is

Back
Top Bottom