Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Hmmm...mixed feelings if this happens. Would love him back, but only if baldy is going to back him all the way and shift out the fucking dross
But only if..

I'll give you a few more "but only's"
- if he doesn't get to pick new players because he is worthless at that.
- if he keep loaning out players to develop instead of killing their careers by keeping them in training and on the bench
- if he leave the fucking diamond and go back to the Bielsa school high pressure game.
- he sometimes plays players that aren't his favourites
- make changes that actually makes sense and before the 85th minute.

Just noticed how close the poll is.Thought it would be much bigger for the "yays".
Not everyone has short memories (or longer ones distorted by sentimentality).

People only need to go back over the last 12 months of his tenure and the match threads of the months leading up to his sacking to realise this is not the right move and not the right time for him to come back.

He needed to go and mature and become a more seasoned manager in other club environments.

Come back in 3/4 years.

This is just too soon imvho.

Is this actually as likely as is being suggested or is that somebody creating for the sake of a story?

Anyone know anyone who can confirm or categorically deny?

What I do know is that by Sunday Chelsea and City will move their focus to buying players for next season and that's where this club needs to be even sooner.

We cannot have weeks of is it him or him or maybe him or possibly him.

If it is Pochettino then get it done. If not move the fcuk on.

If he does come back Levy simply needs to trust him more or it will end the same way it did before.

Could have got Wijnaldum, Mane & Grealish, instead ended up with Sissoko, Nkoudou etc.

IF it’s Pochettino, Levy needs to be prepared to risk more by giving him more control or leeway with funds. No more pushing Plan C onto the manager, but the manager needs to accept that he’ll sometimes be unable to secure his plan A’s.

Always wanted him back, just not sure if it’s the best of timing with most of his old squad that he seemed far too loyal to still knocking about. We’ll probably know before a ball is even kicked next season how this potential hire is to pan out.
More control? I'm going for no control. He's worthless at spotting talent.

Well if Lamela leaves, he's gonna need a lift from someone!
That will probably have been 48mph in a 40mph zone. Bad luck, eh? I wonder what his other 9 points were for - probably speeding too.

I remember I managed to get up to 9 points once, back in the days when we had policemen with radar guns hiding behind lampposts. That's when you need to be a bit careful with the right foot.

I'm no expert... but this sounds scripted!
Welcome to Spurs.... :levyeyes:
TELEMMGLPICT000256663006_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqoQmI6CCYeWXI2SDtPW01M9mODXfBJNT2A-I3349gei4.jpeg

Is this actually as likely as is being suggested or is that somebody creating for the sake of a story?

Anyone know anyone who can confirm or categorically deny?

What I do know is that by Sunday Chelsea and City will move their focus to buying players for next season and that's where this club needs to be even sooner.

We cannot have weeks of is it him or him or maybe him or possibly him.

If it is Pochettino then get it done. If not move the fcuk on.
It's been confirmed that Spurs have held talks

This is the only outcome i can see(the latter part of your comment)
Nothing has changed.I feel for both us fans and the man himself,i really can't see this working.

Remember a story about Kendall in his second stint there. Half time during a game he was hammered and couldn't string 2 words together so Peter Reid had to give the team talk.

Was a great manager in the 80's, had a great team, like to forget that 1-2 game at the lane when we were both in contention and they went on to win it

Will this help us keep hold of Bale?

Surely Poch would love the chance to work with a player of his ability.
You see, we're not thinking clearly here, are we... in what world does Bale play in a high intensity Poch team?

The idea would have to be to rebuild and freshen it all up and inject new, youthful energy to bring back the intensity that initally worked so well for him.

That's not Bale.

Probably my nostalgia making me like it

But truth is he made a lot of errors. I really hope he just gets rid of Winks/Sissoko/Lamela/Aurier/Dier/Sanchez etc.. Some of them eg. Sissoko he seemed to love which is worrying.
Our squad is also very unfit so it would be a big change.

Ultimately Levy sacked him because he thought that was easy than to give Poch the rebuild he required.

He comes back he needs to be backed if he's coming back to flog the same dead horse it's pointless

Needs backing with a new defence the Deadwood cleared and a director off football to fit the vision

One thing for sure it would give us a boost as a fanbase and the players who loved him would be happy also

Back
Top Bottom