Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
F0-EA6-E3-C-5-F80-4-E37-AE53-6-A43-EF8-AFDD5.gif

Just had it confirmed to me that it is all agreed and will be signed and announced after the weekend. #circles

my sentimental side loves the idea. My head says Levy should have backed him instead of wasting money on Jose and Poch isn’t strong enough with the current management.

Anyway it’s done so let’s move on and look forward to next season.

COYS

I haven’t been here for ages. But my brother works for the Guardian and the sports team have briefed told that Poch is done and to announce it before the 2nd June. I don’t know why the date is important.

He told me this about 8:00 this evening.

So, who is going to PSG in place of Poch? If you didn't, for some unknown reason, ask your contact first time around, give them a quick WhatsApp now, will you? They won't mind. And while you're at it, might as well ask them what the financial deal was. If they say they don't know, tell them to fucking find out.

Whoever comes back with the correct answers first will win this magnificent Marks & Spencer voucher I have in my hand, and the right to call themselves King of The Top Table.

I think he's a brilliant footballer, that for whatever reason some people choose to want to hate, actually go out of their way to post how shit they think he is just as they've just seen him take on 3 players and curl a ball 1 inch wide of the post from 25yrds out and say "I told you he's shit".

That exact scenario played out in the match thread to the CL semi only a couple of weeks ago.

But we live in strange times, where players are "supported" and "hated" in equal measure, where if you praise player 'A' it must mean you hate player 'B' and if you're a person who likes both A & B, "fans" of either will unite in their disdain for the person that thinks both players are bloody great.

He's not as dominant as Messi or as Ronaldo was, who both of these players would often be the best player on the park almost every game they played (Messi more so) but I think Messi has broken a glass ceiling in consistenly being brilliant that any great player not matching that consistency gets called out for being overrated as they don't affect the game for 3 games or whatever.
It’s the rolling around for me. Just makes him unlikeable (and, yes, I do have the same problem with Reggie - and most of the City team...in fact, modern football can be a hard watch sometimes).

EDIT: unless the players are winding up Woolwich etc, in which case it’s fine

EDITEDIT: Apart from Neymar.

I despise many things about Neymar. His antics on and off the field mainly.

But he is undoubtedly a great player, a true once in a generation talent. He’s just unlucky he’s playing in the same era as Lionel Messi and to a lesser extent Cristiano.
Without these two he would be the undisputed best in the world IMO.
He also sold out and went to a soul-less PSG. Claimed it wasn’t for the money when it clearly was. Generally comes across as dislikable from the bits I’ve seen.

Would probably put two past the kid-keeper that Owen beat - that’s what I think of him.

It’s the rolling around for me. Just makes him unlikeable (and, yes, I do have the same problem with Reggie - and most of the City team...in fact, modern football can be a hard watch sometimes).

EDIT: unless the players are winding up Woolwich etc, in which case it’s fine

EDITEDIT: Apart from Neymar.
NDombele and Gio are masters of the Rolling Around, too. And they seem to have been coaching Son in the dark art. Wish they wouldn't do it. We should be above those shenani shinanann shanana shennag tricks.

Last edited:
Well we can miss goodbye to any hope we had of winning, the FA Cup, the league Cup or Europa league as Poch has made it clear in the past that he can't be arsed with being competetive in them.
Good point, because running a Premier league team on a budget 50% lower than the main contenders is simple, isn't it? Which is why we replaced him with Jose, the serial winner.

My only concern now is that the fanbase is split. Certain people will be sniffing blood the minute he puts a foot wrong.

I hope spurs fans can show their legendary restraint and anti-melt resolve in such times.
:harrysmile:

Last edited:
This would mean danial made a mistake.
Or maybe Denial Levy has finally changed?
I see what you did there! :levywhoa:

Not a pop at you or your brother but if it's a done deal why not just announce it now?

What's to be gained by waiting?
Maybe 'cos they wanna announce Kane staying first???

2nd June is the second anniversary of the European Cup Final Open Top Bus Parade in Liverpool, and subsequent media wankfest!
FIXED!

Back
Top Bottom