Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
LOL ArcspacE ArcspacE wanting to keep Dier, Winks, Sissoko etc.

Most fans want to get rid of the deadwood but there will always be apologists wanting to keep a tight grip on them at all costs hoping they will finally turn out good. In fact I know a short little bald fellow that shares many of the same opinions as our good buddy Arc.

LOL ArcspacE ArcspacE wanting to keep Dier, Winks, Sissoko etc.

Most fans want to get rid of the deadwood but there will always be apologists wanting to keep a tight grip on them at all costs hoping they will finally turn out good. In fact I know a short little bald fellow that shares many of the same opinions as our good buddy Arc.
Quite the opposite - you claimed they won’t be sold so we can only do with free transfers. As I said - only on your FM save

The same thing could be said about those players needing to go for years and yet here they are still here.

It doesn't matter if they don't fit the system if Levy demands a certain amount for them. Alli did not fit in Jose's system and supposedly had offers, did he go?
I don't count Ali as part of the dead wood. He was injured quite a while and also went off form, Jose did play him quite a bit to begin with ''I want to see the real Dele Ali'' instead he played GLC as an AMF who had a poor record of assists and goals. It was Jose being stubborn.

Winks should probably be playing in the league below where he'd most likely be a good player, Dier and Toby are too slow, we'll get demolished playing attacking football with those two, and Sissoko was once not a bad player but he needs to move downwards now.

No coach in their right mind can play full on attack with our CBs. we;ll be too easily picked off on counter attacks at PL level because our present CBs are too slow.

If we stick with them, Winks and Sissoko, and try and play full on attack, we're fucked.

I don't count Ali as part of the dead wood. He was injured quite a while and also went off form, Jose did play him quite a bit to begin with ''I want to see the real Dele Ali'' instead he played GLC as an AMF who had a poor record of assists and goals. It was Jose being stubborn.

Winks should probably be playing in the league below where he'd most likely be a good player, Dier and Toby are too slow, we'll get demolished playing attacking football with those two, and Sissoko was once not a bad player but he needs to move downwards now.

No coach in their right mind can play full on attack with our CBs. we;ll be too easily picked off on counter attacks at PL level because our present CBs are too slow.

If we stick with them, Winks and Sissoko, and try and play full on attack, we're fucked.
If we stick with Winks and Sissoko we will be screwed irrespective of style, they are just not good enough

If we stick with Winks and Sissoko we will be screwed irrespective of style, they are just not good enough
Agreed but they can hide a bit if we 'park the bus' it's when we come out and play they get exposed, so we could go from just no good enough to being demolished on a regular basis.
I'm all for playing attacking football, but you need midfielders that play well (not stuttering attacks) and defenders who can get back in position quickly.

I'm just saying imo Winks Sissoko Dier and Toby will be exposed, if not for lack of skill then for lack of pace. I think attacking football suits our LB & RB players, and to a good degree our whole team, except those four.

Still maintain this is a storm that'll blow over.

But if it WAS to happen, I think Levy would have actually managed to appoint someone I'm less interested in that either Potter or Parker.

And ffs fans, if it happens and we start the season with him and all the dead wood, PLEASE can we have a full on fucking revolt. Not a bit of "we want our tottenham back" but a mass fucking protest before during and after the game.

Quite the opposite - you claimed they won’t be sold so we can only do with free transfers. As I said - only on your FM save

That is not what I said.

Not sure what a FM save is but in the real world Patatici’s speciality was bringing in older guys on free transfers. You can ignore it all you want but it doesn’t change the truth.

Im not arguing about whether they should and outside of Alli I agree with what you are saying about the players.

I am just saying I am not sure they will be sold. Poch wanted to sell guys- nothing. Jose wanted to sell guys- nothing. Maybe Paratici wants to sell guys and it will be different but that certainly wasn’t something he was at good when he was at Juve.

Still maintain this is a storm that'll blow over.

But if it WAS to happen, I think Levy would have actually managed to appoint someone I'm less interested in that either Potter or Parker.

And ffs fans, if it happens and we start the season with him and all the dead wood, PLEASE can we have a full on fucking revolt. Not a bit of "we want our tottenham back" but a mass fucking protest before during and after the game.

When you say storm that will blow over do you mean you don’t think we will hire Fonseca?

You absolutely do not know my stance John because I've not given one.

So you aren't bothered who is responsible for hiring our next manager?

So, please lay off with the "fanatics" bullshit, you confirmed 100% what I was questioning, which was people wanted a DoF so Levy doesn't make the football decisions, this isn't deflection, it's fact confirmed by yourself not 2 posts ago why I asked it directly to you.

This guy wasn't in the running .....

Why does Paratici want him so much? he has to know something we don't know.
Fonseca was linked a number of weeks ago, before Paratici, so Levy and Hitchen must have had talks with Fonseca and has been a name on the list for a good while. Levy will never give 100% control to anyone, if he had a problem with this choice there is no way Fonseca would be hired.

Yes. No more reason to think this one is any more done as Conte was

There are a few more reasons actually.

Credible people are saying it is 99% done, they didn’t say the same thing with Conte.

There were reasons for Conte to back out. He had all the leverage. There is zero reason for Fonseca to drop out. This is by far the best job he will ever get again. He needs this, Conte didn’t.

There are a few more reasons actually.

Credible people are saying it is 99% done, they didn’t say the same thing with Conte.

There were reasons for Conte to back out. He had all the leverage. There is zero reason for Fonseca to drop out. This is by far the best job he will ever get again. He needs this, Conte didn’t.
No reason for him to turn it down of course.
But many many reasons for Spurs to thank him for his time and move on to the next one.

If it does happen though it will be right up there with not only our worst decision but one of the worst in the PL era. He'll be sacked by December or we'll go down.

And I'm at the stage with ENIC now where going down would be a relief as it might actually make them think about selling up and fucking off forever.

Back
Top Bottom