Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of course now I'm also reading PSG are open to letting Poch go and have Zidane waiting in the wings. No loss for them there's as much as I love Poch.

That being said.
Just pay the fucking money. Give us a bleak moment of happiness before it all cocks up next season FFS

No reason for him to turn it down of course.
But many many reasons for Spurs to thank him for his time and move on to the next one.

If it does happen though it will be right up there with not only our worst decision but one of the worst in the PL era. He'll be sacked by December or we'll go down.

And I'm at the stage with ENIC now where going down would be a relief as it might actually make them think about selling up and fucking off forever.

Why would they engage in discussions with him and let it get this far if they didn’t want to hire him?

It really does feel like Gross's tube ticket or Santini floundering out of his depth. Some managers can suit certain clubs but i just dont see this working at all. Add in an angry fanbase and some iffy early season results, maybe no Kane.....oh dear.
Maybe no Kane? If this happens with this latest rumour, levy is basically opening the door for Kane to leave. What a cunt.

Seen people on here moan about rehiring Poch, moan about Graham Potter, moan about Rangnick, moan about Santo, moan about ten Hag. Seriously.. What do you want? We finished 7th, with our best player wanting out and supposedly no money to spend.

Conte was never going to happen. Unrealistic demands being asked of a club who just won't give into them. Madrid did the same thing with him. Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved to see what Conte could have done with the club and current squad, but we won't.

I'm not defending Levy in any sort of way.. The guy is the main culprit behind the recent downfall. But if the new DoF thinks this is the man to help us turn things around, then I'm happy for him to be given a chance.

Second time

Again that is not me saying they won’t be sold. That is a comment on Paratici’s skills and his past.

If that is your “proof” then it shows as usual you are clueless.

So once again show where I said “they won’t be sold” not where I said something different.

Seen people on here moan about rehiring Poch, moan about Graham Potter, moan about Rangnick, moan about Santo, moan about ten Hag. Seriously.. What do you want? We finished 7th, with our best player wanting out and supposedly no money to spend.

Conte was never going to happen. Unrealistic demands being asked of a club who just won't give into them. Madrid did the same thing with him. Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved to see what Conte could have done with the club and current squad, but we won't.

I'm not defending Levy in any sort of way.. The guy is the main culprit behind the recent downfall. But if the new DoF thinks this is the man to help us turn things around, then I'm happy for him to be given a chance.

There was nothing unrealistic being asked.

Why people keep wanting to make excuses for Levy is beyond me.

His style of football is a bit like Ossies in a modern way , all out attack .
Feel sorry for the poor sod , too many shit players , poor signings , best players sold for downgrades .
It will go tits up pretty quickly maybe a year as Levy will pull the trigger as top 4 is a impossibility under such Enic restrictions.

There was nothing unrealistic being asked.

Why people keep wanting to make excuses for Levy is beyond me.
Oh were you in the meeting with his agent?

It's been reported everywhere that he wanted big funds to spend, wasn't willing to play youth and was asking for a higher salary.

Again, I'm not protecting Levy. I'm just being realistic. We aren't as good as we think we are. We finished 7th, not 3rd. Other than Kane and Son, our squad is bang average.

Fonseca was linked a number of weeks ago, before Paratici, so Levy and Hitchen must have had talks with Fonseca and has been a name on the list for a good while. Levy will never give 100% control to anyone, if he had a problem with this choice there is no way Fonseca would be hired.
We yeah, that's kind of how it works. Name a DoF that does what he wants without approval?

A man with zero experience in the PL. There are no upsides to Fonseca only down and the wrong half of our squad will be gone. We will keep the waste of spaces and sell the likes of Kane and Son. This appointment signals we are broke there is no cash to spend. Spurs are not speculating on future earnings to improve the squad. Enic are just look To milk us of our cash Levy and co do not care as long as we turn up every game day and buy food and drink at the stadium. If this is what they want to show us I will no longer be a cash cow for them to milk.

Back
Top Bottom