Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why would you want that? I don’t wanna see clueless owners anymore. I’d be more content with someone who doesn’t break the bank every transfer window but has a good plan and vision where he wanna go. RB clubs are not pumping loads of millions in transfers yet they’re so much better ran that Tottenham (just to give you an example).
RB Leipzig are one of the only not fan owned clubs in Germany. Pretty sure they are despised in German football.

I just want an owner who is willing to invest, want to see their team win and look at the now and the future. We all moan about Chelsea, but Abramovic is a great owner. He invests heavily into the squad to keep it fresh and full of top talent, also wants youth to be used and is present at nearly every game.

More fool you! And this is the part that really irks me, the 'with the squad he has' bit. Seems like we will be getting served up some of the same delights we've had on order for that last few seasons. And since no one is out the door yet I am not expecting many to actually go ('cept Kane because Fonseca probably didn't make that a condition of his arrival). But we need so much more movement...even your 'safety blankie' Dele needs to go.
I wouldn't be expecting huge churn this year at all, who are these buying clubs in a post-COVID climate?

Umm so? That doesn’t mean they’re not well ran. They haven’t spent more money than the likes of Dortmund or Bayern who are fan owned clubs.
The thing is, if we signed some of the players Leipzig do sign, we'd all be saying how uninspiring they are.

Take Leicester for example.. If we had signed James Justin, Wilfred Ndidi and Soyuncu, we'd have fans moaning they aren't ambitious signings. Yet now, they would walk into our team.

Yes, we should be aiming for the top, we are a team that belongs there. Currently though, we've fallen away from that, which is down to Levy and his lack of football knowledge.

I wouldn't be expecting huge churn this year at all, who are these buying clubs in a post-COVID climate?
It's not so much of 'expecting huge churn' but more wanting it and hoping those with the power to put these things in motion also recognized it. It seems DL still thinks we've got a CL final squad on our hands. And why wouldn't he considering he's the one that put it together. Lessons have been learned I'm sure.

We'll get behind him, but it worries me a lot.

1. He's a risk based on his defensive issues and our current squad.
2. Is he the right person for a rebuild?
3. Is this the best we can get?

If number 3 is true then this problem will get worse should we be looking again in December.

I will be happy with anyone who has shown that they are capable of playing an attacking brand of possession-based (by possession I'm not overly fixated by % but more about controlling the game with the ball) football, that can get a team playing better than the sum of their parts.

I don't care if it's a "big" name or a relatively unknown/tried/tested one.

Agreed. I cant say I know much about Fonseca, aside from some hasty homework last night, but the response here still disappoints. I mean, people were never going to be happy no matter what, but it would be nice to think the new manager (whoever it is) will come in and have some support.

Fonseca? Turns out I really enjoyed his Shaktar side, were a bit of a dark horse/danger team when I saw them in Europe and I like watching them play.

Cant say Ive seen his work elsewhere.

What Ive read/watched shows he is a progressive manager, possession based, short passes not long, very fluid system on the pitch - and varied in his use of systems - high full backs and so on.

All sounds very much like what we would want to see.

Also handy at repurposing players to suit, and apparently improving CBs on the ball, which is a plus.

Sounds like he is a manager on the up side of his career, learning and developing, so could be a good time to give him a chance. I like that he has managed in other countries, and already won in some.

And he comes in as a DoF's choice - literally what people have been calling for.

Im not entirely sure what the bithcing and moaning is about, is it a big name thing?

For me, Ill give him a shot.

The drunken nonsense of a proven liar.

Cunt sums up everything wrong with SC these days. If those fuckwits Rob and A&C can't see it it's because they don't want to or don't care. Which means they are either thick or complicit in a criminal con.

Not that I know anything as the most highly rated poster on SC for a decade.

Liars.
Come on, it's obvious they know, but the ITK is their cash cow and they have masses of gullible virgins lapping it up and even donating money to SC as if they somehow deserve some credit when the club manages to do a transfer.

There's absolutely no chance that they don't see it, they're probably just laughing their tits off that the idiots are still buying it...

It's not so much of 'expecting huge churn' but more wanting it and hoping those with the power to put these things in motion also recognized it. It seems DL still thinks we've got a CL final squad on our hands. And why wouldn't he considering he's the one that put it together. Lessons have been learned I'm sure.
I think we've got a good squad that's been horribly managed. Absolutely needs new players in, even the best teams sprinkle new players into the mix to change the dynamic and most achieve that due to their influence on the training pitch than breaking into 1st team.

This is what it feels like post dinosaur, just look at Chavs and Utd fans for reference, on mass the feeling was the squad needed ditching and a total rebuild..........or did it?

I genuinely believe we would have finished in the top 4 had Mason (the most inexperienced coach in the league) would have been placed at the helm, we wouldn't have sat in low blocks after going ahead ergo would have taken the 5pts needed from the 22pts we drop from this scenario. The outlier here is the season itself was an *asterisk* season with so many issues all teams had to contend with.

Both Utd and Chavs recovered with their own rookies. The navigation through post dinosaur is a tough road as he sucks the soul out of every club, leaving just the jackals in his wake to feast on the carcass. We are still chewing on the carcass.

I think at this point we really all ought to be praying that Fonseca takes the job, because having seen how far our ambitions have plummeted in the few days since Conte told us to GTFO and Poch trolled the fuck out of us, just imagine what targets we will be onto by this time next week if he doesn't...

Agreed. I cant say I know much about Fonseca, aside from some hasty homework last night, but the response here still disappoints. I mean, people were never going to be happy no matter what, but it would be nice to think the new manager (whoever it is) will come in and have some support.

Fonseca? Turns out I really enjoyed his Shaktar side, were a bit of a dark horse/danger team when I saw them in Europe and I like watching them play.

Cant say Ive seen his work elsewhere.

What Ive read/watched shows he is a progressive manager, possession based, short passes not long, very fluid system on the pitch - and varied in his use of systems - high full backs and so on.

All sounds very much like what we would want to see.

Also handy at repurposing players to suit, and apparently improving CBs on the ball, which is a plus.

Sounds like he is a manager on the up side of his career, learning and developing, so could be a good time to give him a chance. I like that he has managed in other countries, and already won in some.

And he comes in as a DoF's choice - literally what people have been calling for.

Im not entirely sure what the bithcing and moaning is about, is it a big name thing?

For me, Ill give him a shot.
Yep, you and I are on the same page here.

It's great to have faith in something/someone based on the knowledge you/we've witnessed, so I understand why people would be happier with Potter, because they've seen with their own eyes.

Like you, I know absolutely nothing about him and have been reading what I can about him, he does seem very Potter like to me, within the same ballpark of appointment. I might still gravitate towards Potter because of the comfort of what I know, rather the uncertainty of what I don't know.

But, step back from the screaming and he's a manager that quite rightly should be on the list (if Potter is than this guy 100% should be) and it would appear we have a DoF making those calls (again I'm blind into his abilities too) which is what we've all been calling for to happen.

Yep, you and I are on the same page here.

It's great to have faith in something/someone based on the knowledge you/we've witnessed, so I understand why people would be happier with Potter, because they've seen with their own eyes.

Like you, I know absolutely nothing about him and have been reading what I can about him, he does seem very Potter like to me, within the same ballpark of appointment. I might still gravitate towards Potter because of the comfort of what I know, rather the uncertainty of what I don't know.

But, step back from the screaming and he's a manager that quite rightly should be on the list (if Potter is than this guy 100% should be) and it would appear we have a DoF making those calls (again I'm blind into his abilities too) which is what we've all been calling for to happen.
This is the same DOF who appointed Pirlo as manager at Juventus.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but there is absolutely no proof to back this up.

Levy is a wheeler dealer who knows how to make things sound sweeter than they are. Saying that the Director of Football is involved in the decision/discussion is total non-speak. That doesn't mean a thing.

One thing I do agree with that others have been saying is that this appointment will be cheap for us. The manager seems to be happy to work with the existing squad, again nice and cheap. Not saying we shouldn't get behind him but this seems more like a Levy/ENIC decision than a DoF one.

Back
Top Bottom