Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't disagree with your sentiment, but there is absolutely no proof to back this up.

Levy is a wheeler dealer who knows how to make things sound sweeter than they are. Saying that the Director of Football is involved in the decision/discussion is total non-speak. That doesn't mean a thing.

One thing I do agree with that others have been saying is that this appointment will be cheap for us. The manager seems to be happy to work with the existing squad, again nice and cheap. Not saying we shouldn't get behind him but this seems more like a Levy/ENIC decision than a DoF one.

Well we are only talking about the reports, and as it stands they all say he is Pariticis choice.

I mean, Paritici is yet to be confirmed isnt he, so its all speculative at best.

Fonseca has been no where near the race until now, Paritici comes in, then apparently Fonseca is a done deal - taking it at face value Im not sure theres much to argue with at this point?

It seems Levy has appointed a football man and let him make the football decision.

Time will tell, but so far thats what it looks like

Well we are only talking about the reports, and as it stands they all say he is Pariticis choice.

I mean, Paritici is yet to be confirmed isnt he, so its all speculative at best.

Fonseca has been no where near the race until now, Paritici comes in, then apparently Fonseca is a done deal - taking it at face value Im not sure theres much to argue with at this point?

It seems Levy has appointed a football man and let him make the football decision.

Time will tell, but so far thats what it looks like
We were linked with Fonseca weeks ago, way before Paratici, but it gained no traction as people thought not even we'd be that unambitious. Had a quick look, first mention i can see was 18th May. Miraculously a week and a bit after he was sacked so no compensation.

Agreed. I cant say I know much about Fonseca, aside from some hasty homework last night, but the response here still disappoints. I mean, people were never going to be happy no matter what, but it would be nice to think the new manager (whoever it is) will come in and have some support.
You are wrong. People would have been ecstatic with Conte or Poch or even Nagelsman or Ten hags and since Potter knows the league , and has that ridiculous xG with that shit budget, some would have been happy with Potter too. This fonseca guy is just scraping the barrel now that levy fucked up all the negotiations.

Of course people will still support the new guy whoever it is, but if its this fonseca guy who has no previous of success, he will be on a shorter leash than the others mentioned above. If we buy cheap random players and the likes of winks and doherty and dier are still starting games and we arent winning much, people will turn on him real fast even though it would be levys fault mainly instead of this poor fucker.

We were linked with Fonseca weeks ago, way before Paratici, but it gained no traction as people thought not even we'd be that unambitious.

It was a footnote at the time, essentially as he was available - and since been barely mentioned.

In which time we have almost certainly signed Poch, and Conte, and Ten Hag...

Fonseca never seemed to be a serious link, and since this initial mention dropped off the radar - until Paritici came on board

Although seven of them were won while in Ukraine, Fonseca has lifted nine trophies in his 14-year managerial career

That's more than we're used to, maybe he's 'too ambitious'.
You mean... You mean... You mean...

Maybe... Maybe... Just maybe...

We could retain The Audi Cup?????

Nahhhhhh

It was a footnote at the time, essentially as he was available - and since been barely mentioned.

In which time we have almost certainly signed Poch, and Conte, and Ten Hag...

Fonseca never seemed to be a serious link, and since this initial mention dropped off the radar - until Paritici came on board
Or that we've failed dismally to land better targets so we've reverted back to cheap n cheerful? You said there were no links, there were weeks ago.

You are wrong. People would have been ecstatic with Conte or Poch or even Nagelsman or Ten hags and since Potter knows the league , and has that ridiculous xG with that shit budget, some would have been happy with Potter too. This fonseca guy is just scraping the barrel now that levy fucked up all the negotiations.

Of course people will still support the new guy whoever it is, but if its this fonseca guy who has no previous of success, he will be on a shorter leash than the others mentioned above. If we buy cheap random players and the likes of winks and doherty and dier are still starting games and we arent winning much, people will turn on him real fast even though it would be levys fault mainly instead of this poor fucker.

And yet I saw many here not wanting Conte or his football, I certainly didnt want Poch back (yet) and wasnt alone, Nagelsmann was never really an option and right up until yesterday Ten Hag had plenty of doubters.

And Potter, while Ive been supportive, I certainly feel in the minority.

Fonseca won extensively in Ukraine, but also won Braga their first cup in 50 years (against Porto), so he has some success behind him.

He is coming in under a DoF (something lacking at Roma apparently) and we can only hope itll be a successful pairing.

Agreed. I cant say I know much about Fonseca, aside from some hasty homework last night, but the response here still disappoints. I mean, people were never going to be happy no matter what, but it would be nice to think the new manager (whoever it is) will come in and have some support.

Fonseca? Turns out I really enjoyed his Shaktar side, were a bit of a dark horse/danger team when I saw them in Europe and I like watching them play.

Cant say Ive seen his work elsewhere.

What Ive read/watched shows he is a progressive manager, possession based, short passes not long, very fluid system on the pitch - and varied in his use of systems - high full backs and so on.

All sounds very much like what we would want to see.

Also handy at repurposing players to suit, and apparently improving CBs on the ball, which is a plus.

Sounds like he is a manager on the up side of his career, learning and developing, so could be a good time to give him a chance. I like that he has managed in other countries, and already won in some.

And he comes in as a DoF's choice - literally what people have been calling for.

Im not entirely sure what the bithcing and moaning is about, is it a big name thing?

For me, Ill give him a shot.
This is a good, sensible post. I know after all the names we've been linked with this may be difficult but perhaps it's time we all had a reality check.

Or that we've failed dismally to land better targets so we've reverted back to cheap n cheerful? You said there were no links, there were weeks ago.

As I think I made clear, there were throw away mentions right at the beginning and nothing of note since.

If you want to be pedantic about it, yes there were links, but nothing like there were to every other option.

Sounds like its been a complete circus, I dont deny that. The only point Ive made which you seem to be taking exception to is the idea its Pariticis choice - which at this point seems pretty obvious doesnt it?

Hitchens seemingly wanted Potter/Ten Hag then it got binned because Poch was an option, then we jumped to Conte - then we brought in Paritici and essentially started again - is how it seems to have gone.

Fonseca? Turns out I really enjoyed his Shaktar side, were a bit of a dark horse/danger team when I saw them in Europe and I like watching them play.

Cant say Ive seen his work elsewhere.

What Ive read/watched shows he is a progressive manager, possession based, short passes not long, very fluid system on the pitch - and varied in his use of systems - high full backs and so on.

All sounds very much like what we would want to see.

Also handy at repurposing players to suit, and apparently improving CBs on the ball, which is a plus.

Sounds like he is a manager on the up side of his career, learning and developing, so could be a good time to give him a chance. I like that he has managed in other countries, and already won in some.

And he comes in as a DoF's choice - literally what people have been calling for.

Im not entirely sure what the bithcing and moaning is about, is it a big name thing?

For me, Ill give him a shot.
Careful mate, you're not allowed to think positive about this on here.

I agree with everything you've said for what it's worth.

As I think I made clear, there were throw away mentions right at the beginning and nothing of note since.

If you want to be pedantic about it, yes there were links, but nothing like there were to every other option.

Sounds like its been a complete circus, I dont deny that. The only point Ive made which you seem to be taking exception to is the idea its Pariticis choice - which at this point seems pretty obvious doesnt it?

Hitchens seemingly wanted Potter/Ten Hag then it got binned because Poch was an option, then we jumped to Conte - then we brought in Paritici and essentially started again - is how it seems to have gone.
Do you really believe Paritici had Fonseca as first choice over Conte?

Brightons numbers were good enough to finish 16th because they finished 16th 🤷‍♂️ hope youre right and fonseca is a success if appointed. I feel he wont get much lee way if things start to go wrong though
Well, that's where we beg to differ. Because you can't tell me that when Leicester won the title in 2016 you were of the mind that Leicester's numbers were good enough for them to finish 1st because they finished 1st. You were probably tearing your hair out at how lucky they were and got the rub of the green every fucking game and should have really finished mid-table.

Back
Top Bottom