Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he does come,lets give him the benifit of the doubt.
We have know reason to hate him.
You never know...
Agree, it’s not on Fonseca. He can’t appoint himself. It’s on the clown show above who have some mystifying reason for such a duff appointment. Money looks likely. And explains (I think) in an indirect way why Jose was so quick to Roma. This can’t be coincidental.

Yeah that 38% win rate was just great. If you love Poch I’m not sure how this guy isn’t someone you wouldn’t like. Plays exactly the same football AND has won like 10 trophies.
He was at Southampton. He took over a club 15th and led them to 8th playing high energy football. He was younger and clearly had something about him. Plus because of him expectations are higher now than they were in 2014. If you're counting trophies in a 1 or 2 team league then Neil Lennon is available. Fonseca failed at Porto and has failed at Roma. I hope he's great and i'm looking back at these posts and laughing but just can't see it i'm afraid.

Something weird is going on. Why hasn't Paratici been officially announced,why are we jumping from Poch, to Conte, and now Fonseca all within 3 weeks, we are negotiating with potential new signings without a manager in place. There is absolutely no reason why Paratici couldnt have been officially confirmed in his new role by now, simple statement on the club website. I'm not saying that he won't be taking the role but it does seem that a lot of information and rumours seem to be coming from Italian journos which is then copy pasted by the English media and ITKs. That's why I wouldn't be surprised at all if just like with Poch and Conte before him the talk surrounding Fonseca will ultimately come to mean nothing more than that, just talk.

Here’s the test with Fonseca.

West Ham have sacked David Moyes and appointed former Roma Coach Paulo Fonseca.

would you

A) say “well done. Good appointment progressive and impressive”

or

B) head over to the “Let’s all laugh at West Ham thread” and abuse them for being idiotic enough to bin their existing manager for this fucking joke.
Well, I laughed at them when they appointed Moyes. Then they finished above us playing some nice football.

:mourweird:

Sacked Poch on camera,
Did that really happen? I didn't watch a second of that doc so have no idea.

I think we've got a good squad that's been horribly managed.
Yes, I know this about you. It's one of the few things you've been wrong on in the past year...you know they other one.
This is what it feels like post dinosaur, just look at Chavs and Utd fans for reference, on mass the feeling was the squad needed ditching and a total rebuild..........or did it?
Just emptiness and detachment. But at least MouAnon (h/t you) is now gone. Silver linings and all.
I genuinely believe we would have finished in the top 4 had Mason (the most inexperienced coach in the league) would have been placed at the helm, we wouldn't have sat in low blocks after going ahead ergo would have taken the 5pts needed from the 22pts we drop from this scenario. T
Yeah...I don't think so. I think the teams that finished in the top 4 had better teams than us. And one could argue that had Fat Frank not been there Chelsea would have hit their potential earlier. And Pool with the injuries. Both teams should have made it an afterthought for us. We aren't good enough.
Both Utd and Chavs recovered with their own rookies. The navigation through post dinosaur is a tough road as he sucks the soul out of every club, leaving just the jackals in his wake to feast on the carcass. We are still chewing on the carcass.
And we will continue to do so if we don't get rid of all the walking dead in our ranks.

Duncan Castles says that Pochettino is still Spurs’ priority and that he could be on the move soon if PSG don’t sort out the situation with their Sporting Director.

“The priority for Tottenham if they can make it happen remains Mauricio Pochettino. As we said last week, Leonardo’s position as the Sporting Director at PSG is in doubt. Qatar are making a decision about that at the moment and are looking at alternative candidates, in fact Paratici was a candidate to replace Leonardo,” Castles said.

"Leonardo’s relationship with Pochettino is bad, and there’s a feeling that if PSG are to retain Leonardo, Pochettino will make another move to get out of the club. He tried to do that first by getting the Real Madrid job when Allegri fell through and secondly by encouraging talks with Tottenham. I’m hearing that there’s a waiting game there, Tottenham are hoping Pochettino might open up"

Here’s the test with Fonseca.

West Ham have sacked David Moyes and appointed former Roma Coach Paulo Fonseca.

would you

A) say “well done. Good appointment progressive and impressive”

or

B) head over to the “Let’s all laugh at West Ham thread” and abuse them for being idiotic enough to bin their existing manager for this fucking joke.
I would choose B if they hired Guardiola or god himself, to be fair

No, Moratta brought Paratici as Head of Scouting from Samp at the same time. (correction to my above post though, Moratta would have been the one that brought in Conte and probably Allegri, although by then Paratici was climbing the ladder internally at Juve).
Yes Paratici was a scout as you say under Marotta. Juventus fans seem to think he was a good scout but was poor when taking over from Marotta in 2018. Marotta as CEO made the calls on Conte and Allegri. Paratici's appointments have been Sarri and Pirlo

Did that really happen? I didn't watch a second of that doc so have no idea.

Yes, I know this about you. It's one of the few things you've been wrong on in the past year...you know they other one.

Just emptiness and detachment. But at least MouAnon (h/t you) is now gone. Silver linings and all.

Yeah...I don't think so. I think the teams that finished in the top 4 had better teams than us. And one could argue that had Fat Frank not been there Chelsea would have hit their potential earlier. And Pool with the injuries. Both teams should have made it an afterthought for us. We aren't good enough.

And we will continue to do so if we don't get rid of all the walking dead in our ranks.
Teams that finished above us were better managed than us.

I think City & Chavs have the best current squads in the league but Chavs change from Fat Frank to Tuchel only emphasises what a good manager can achieve by comparison to one not as good.

I don't think Leicester, West Ham, Utd have a better squad than ours. I'm scratching my head with Liverpool's squad, as it stands right now player for player I don't think they are miles better, I think most of what you get from LFC is down to Klopp. LFC have the benefit of their players know what they are doing, know their positions and each others, they are however an ageing squad, look jaded and flat where the fizz has gone, this could be player/manager related (similar to what happened with us under Poch and Klopp at Dortmund in his last term or it was the compressed, truncated season, probably both). But despite their drop off in results, their still attempt to play their way, I think this was the difference between them and us.

The difference between us and chavs regarding post dinosaur clean up operations is that they kept their players (or loaned them out) and they have the dollars to do this whilst still able to bring in fresh faces. Our fresh faces will probably need to come in once a player has been sold, we can't have 5 players on 1st team wages sat at the training ground and bring in an additional 5 faces on 1st team wages. So, again I don't expect a mass influx of players unless City drops £200m on the table for Kane.

Back
Top Bottom