Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually don’t mind that we have the Fonz .We need to support him if confirmed. I object to how foolish , cheap and unprofessional we have looked over the preceding 2 months.
We've managed to cock this managerial search up monumentally and it's going to make Fonseca's job that much harder.

If it had been a quick and decisive hiring the minute the season ended then, while underwhelming, the fan base wouldn't be livid. Instead we've had a Poch return and a shock move for Conte dangled in front of us and then it's ended up like... well, this.

Levy is a fucking moron.

Talking about attendances. In the 70's and 80's when standing was allowed we got 50000 crowds for big games but there was not the large season ticket fans and when we hit a bad spell the attendances plummeted and for some strange reason I recall a league match against Blackpool when the attendance was 19000. The support was always there but with all seating and restrictions on attebdances to 36000 , many like me did not go. Now with the higher capacity we have gone back. In some ways in those days failure on the playing field hit the club harder than today when attendances seem to hold up whatever the results.
The season when Ramos got the sack should have produced poor attendances but I do not recall that was the case.

Now 9 of us backing our saviour!
Spurs fans, eh?

200.gif

This thread is dying its death. No posts since 2am

Does this mean we are now accepting our fate? Is the shafting and misleading of the fans once again about to reach it's disgusting conclusion?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Still in talks?......he is not Conte, Klopp, Pep. He is not an elite manager so what is there to talk discuss and negotiate, he is in no position to make demands. Definite cooling off from Romano, actually the general silence has been telling since the initial news broke

Everything about us is always so fcuking laboured, whether that be on or off the field.

It is simply depressing.

Still in talks?......he is not Conte, Klopp, Pep. He is not an elite manager so what is there to talk discuss and negotiate, he is in no position to make demands. Definite cooling off from Romano, actually the general silence has been telling since the initial news broke

I think the club are waiting for the fans to digest the news and get their most negative reactions out of the way before they officially confirm it. Maybe they want to announce it alongside a signing, we are supposedly in discussions over Thuram and Andersen.

Maybe next week they want to do a joint unveiling of Paratici, Fonseca + a new signing to take the sting out of it.

Or, how about this theory, his agent contacted Spurs, we decided to listen, told him we'd get back to him and now speaking to others.

I still think the media are running with the despite not knowing anything.

Or, how about this theory, his agent contacted Spurs, we decided to listen, told him we'd get back to him and now speaking to others.

I still think the media are running with the despite not knowing anything.

We aren't speaking to anyone else though. We've drawn up his contract and he is sorting out his staff. This is the man that Paratici wants.

It's fine to be fed up of bullshit stories in the media but this isn't a bullshit story, all the most reputable journalists are reporting this and have clearly been briefed by both sides of the deal. As things stand, he is on the verge of being our manager. That doesn't mean it will happen (see Nuno to Palace) but something would have to go very wrong at this point for him not to be managing us next season.

Back
Top Bottom