Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Obviously if Fonseca is announced we should support him and wait to see how he performs. But why would you appoint a seemly mediocre manager with no PL experience presumably at some cost instead of falling back on Mason? If you can't get who you want (let's say Conte or Poch), surely give Mason a season instead of spending money of some guy who represents an even greater risk than Mason?
Maybe they didnt see enough from Mason after they sacked jose to give them confidence,he could do the job for a season?!
Agree 100% with the first part of your post.
I was having a pint with an old spurs mate last night,and i asked him what he thought.He said he plays good football,and may shock us.He is normally good with predictions ,so we'll see.

Isn't this what fans wanted though? A manager who just focused on the on the pitch action? We wanted a DoF and now we have one.
I didn't. The DoF will just be a temporary whipping boy for Daniel Levy and his apostles on here.

After 20 years Levy himself needs to fuck off. It's the only way forward

Last edited:
Anyone looking forward to the season? I’m just not bothered. Harry Kane is inevitably leaving, so we are losing pretty much 30 goals from this team. I don’t see any excitement from the managerial appointment, although that’s not his fault, but that’s unfortunately the incompetence of our owners and Levy. I just feel the club are going nowhere with no direction. We never have the money to truly move forward which is what the big clubs do. We are just stuck in a rut with owners that harbour no ambition. Thank god for the Euros.

Anyone looking forward to the season? I’m just not bothered. Harry Kane is inevitably leaving, so we are losing pretty much 30 goals from this team. I don’t see any excitement from the managerial appointment, although that’s not his fault, but that’s unfortunately the incompetence of our owners and Levy. I just feel the club are going nowhere with no direction. We never have the money to truly move forward which is what the big clubs do. We are just stuck in a rut with owners that harbour no ambition. Thank god for the Euros.

There really isn't much to look forward to. We currently don't have any exciting young players, Skipp might be the closest but he isn't exactly the type or quality of player to get excited about, the manager and DOF were dud hires so we can't really get excited about them coming in, Levy still seems up to his same old shit so no excitement that things are coming and even though we aren't allowed to say it out loud selling Kane for 150m could be an exciting refresh to the squad with new players and a change in the core but instead we all know most of the money will be pocketed and the rest spent on crap. Even the players we are linked to so far are basically all duds, outside of Thuram who is good not great.

Maybe something will change over the summer but I think we all know how that will go. The closest thing I can see to look forward to is that if you squint hard enough things kind of are set up to bring Poch back in two years after getting rid of the deadwood and coasting along for two years under Fonseca playing attacking but ineffective football. But I suspect that is more about grasping at straws looking for positives rather than anything likely to happen.

There really isn't much to look forward to. We currently don't have any exciting young players, Skipp might be the closest but he isn't exactly the type or quality of player to get excited about, the manager and DOF were dud hires so we can't really get excited about them coming in, Levy still seems up to his same old shit so no excitement that things are coming and even though we aren't allowed to say it out loud selling Kane for 150m could be an exciting refresh to the squad with new players and a change in the core but instead we all know most of the money will be pocketed and the rest spent on crap. Even the players we are linked to so far are basically all duds, outside of Thuram who is good not great.

Maybe something will change over the summer but I think we all know how that will go. The closest thing I can see to look forward to is that if you squint hard enough things kind of are set up to bring Poch back in two years after getting rid of the deadwood and coasting along for two years under Fonseca playing attacking but ineffective football. But I suspect that is more about grasping at straws looking for positives rather than anything likely to happen.

What a crock of shite.

Obviously if Fonseca is announced we should support him and wait to see how he performs. But why would you appoint a seemly mediocre manager with no PL experience presumably at some cost instead of falling back on Mason? If you can't get who you want (let's say Conte or Poch), surely give Mason a season instead of spending money of some guy who represents an even greater risk than Mason?

So a manager who has won multiple titles, worked in three different leagues and who Pep described as an outstanding manager should be ditched, and Mason who managed a side who capitulated to Leeds, and fielded a side void of any attacking ideas against Villa, has fuck all managerial experience should be given the job?

That's why Fonseca should be appointed head and shoulders over Mason. I mean Mason didn't even apply for the fucking job, wasn't encouraged to do so by Hitchen or Levy.

The good thing that separates the two is that Fonseca has not (to coin Mason's words) "mates" to cloud a team selection.

Get fucking real you idiot.

So a manager who has won multiple titles, worked in three different leagues and who Pep described as an outstanding manager should be ditched, and Mason who managed a side who capitulated to Leeds, and fielded a side void of any attacking ideas against Villa, has fuck all managerial experience should be given the job?

That's why Fonseca should be appointed head and shoulders over Mason. I mean Mason didn't even apply for the fucking job, wasn't encouraged to do so by Hitchen or Levy.

The good thing that separates the two is that Fonseca has not (to coin Mason's words) "mates" to cloud a team selection.

Get fucking real you idiot.
Your support of Hitchen stinks.

Back
Top Bottom