Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Levy couldn’t make us more mad if he did it on purpose. I can’t stand the bald prick.
I'm generally pro-Enic based on their time as a whole, and I can still see the positives that come with Levy in charge, but I can't stand the sight of the little weasel, and this Conte debacle has really made us look bad.

Can even the most level headed of supporters fully believe that it was a mere coincidence that even the clubs mouthpiece was reporting it as nearly there right when they wanted to boost season ticket renewals?

AlabamaSpur AlabamaSpur sounds like we dodged a bullet with Glasner.

Here are some comments from the Wolfsburg captain:

"I'm glad he's gone. He's certainly not a bad coach professionally and he was successful with us.

In the summer, I realised that it was going to be a difficult season for me and that something had changed in the relationship between the coach and me.

I had the feeling that the coach would use every little injury in the future as an excuse to leave me on the bench. And that's exactly what happened.

But I never had the feeling that I was sitting out for sporting reasons, but also for personal reasons. It wasn't just about football, that's why I'm so sad. I kept my mouth shut until today so as not to jeopardise the team's success

So often the coach had given me hope of a place in the starting eleven, which he then dashed with ever new excuses, it went on all the time. It almost destroyed me. I told my family before the games that they didn't have to watch because I wouldn't play anyway.

As a footballer I was broken, and as a person I was also badly hit. He is certainly not a bad coach professionally, and he was successful with us. But I'm still very glad that he's gone, because for me personally it was the worst relationship I've ever had with a coach in my career."

So players that bemoan a lack of winning things apparently objected to a title winning manager coming in?

Even if it's bollocks, there's no denying that our squad lacks a winning mentality and it was reported that some were complaining about how Poch pushed them hard.

I doubt players like Lloris, alderweireld, peh, son and Kane were anything other than excited by this prospect.
The likes of Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Lamela etc all shit it though.

It’s even worse when we go back to Pochettino firing. The club went behind his back and held talks and struck a deal with Mourinho and employed him like 6 hours after firing their best(Enic tenure) manager. Now after being clear for months that Jose would get the boot more sooner than later they fired him and closing in on 2! months of firing him we are still as close as we were two months ago about replacing him. Daniel levy is an incompetent little man with big man syndrome.

It’s even worse when we go back to Pochettino firing. The club went behind his back and held talks and struck a deal with Mourinho and employed him like 6 hours after firing their best(Enic tenure) manager. Now after being clear for months that Jose would get the boot more sooner than later they fired him and closing in on 2! months of firing him we are still as close as we were two months ago about replacing him. Daniel levy is an incompetent little man with big man syndrome.
Levy did the same when he sacked Jol and got Ramos, when he sacked Ramos and get Redknapp and when he sacked Redknapp (probably)
To be honest that's more responsible that waiting months to act.
Then again, I'd rather wait 3 months for Conte than rush into any old plebby yes man.

Levy did the same when he sacked Jol and got Ramos, when he sacked Ramos and get Redknapp and when he sacked Redknapp (probably)
To be honest that's more responsible that waiting months to act.
Then again, I'd rather wait 3 months for Conte than rush into any old plebby yes man.
Yeah but it’s not looking like we will get a top manager. I’m not fine waiting 3 months for a fucker like Martinez

People keep quoting our transfer spend in a positive light lately.

A good example of our real world spending.

Sissoko
Kante
Wjinaldum

All cost roughly the same. We got the shittest one because he was likely the lowest paid.

NDombele
Fernando's
Mahrez

All cost roughly the same but no doubt TND is the least well paid.

Won't even get into City buying £60m Ruben Dias, who we needed, and us spending £18m on Rodon and not playing him.
Or £40m on Sanchez when better English players were available that would have helped our selection problems.
TND is the best paid out of those 3,according to reports anyway.
Hes on 200k a week
Fernandes 180k
Mahrez 120k

Sissoko is the least paid 10k behind Wijnaldum Liverpool wages.
Way behind Kante 144k

As I, and others, keep saying it's not what we spend, it's how and on who

TND is the best paid out of those 3,according to reports anyway.
Hes on 200k a week
Fernandes 180k
Mahrez 120k

Sissoko is the least paid 10k behind Wijnaldum Liverpool wages.

As I, and others, keep saying it's not what we spend, it's how and on who
Exactly. The problem before was not spending. But then we spent badly. The last summer of Poch we bought: clarke, sessegnon, lo Celso and Ndombele. We spent a ton and improved close to zero. It’s actually shocking how poor the four turned for us after two years.

Back
Top Bottom