Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yep, agree with all of this.

My main concern would be experience as a manager (rather than gender or playing experience).
Certain tactics may work in the WSL where players are not as quick or physically strong, but not on the men’s game.
Psychology is different from men to women.
Getting a man motivated to be better may take totally different approach to getting a woman motivated.
I'm actually surprised male coaches have done well (occasionally) in the womens game.

Please don’t tell me people are sounding out Emma Hayes? Good PR? Errrr no, it would be a total disaster and the club would be ripped to shreds even more than it is now. Imagine trying to convince Harry Kane to stay and play under Emma Hayes. I mean ffs, have people lost their mind ? Women’s football is women’s football , end of story. Would men play against Women in a Wimbledon final in tennis ? No. PC Bolloks gone bonkers. If this ridiculous idea would ever to occur, Emma Hayes would have to start in the lower depths of league football and certainly shouldn’t be suddenly propelled into the biggest league in the world just because she manages chelsea women. Thankfully, even for someone as incompetent as Daniel Levy, even he’s not stupid enough to do this. I know we are desperate and this managerial situation is a shambles, but fuck me Emma Hayes, really ? Nothing against her personally, as she’s fantastic for the women’s game and a great role model. Managing men’s football in the premier league ? Just No

The fallout would be nuclear when it all went wrong. The club. The coach. Levy. The players. Absolutely everyone would be under the microscope and blamed/defended.

I’m not sure who this “we” is, but I don’t recall people questioning the ability of managers to switch between leagues. Players, for sure. But I do t ever remember anyone saying “Oh he’s only ever done it in Ligue Un” as a manager.
Have a word!
People are ALWAYS questioning whether someone who does well on Scotland, Holland, France, Portugal can come to the premier league and replicate it. Let's not even get into championship and lower league coaches.

Please don’t tell me people are sounding out Emma Hayes? Good PR? Errrr no, it would be a total disaster and the club would be ripped to shreds even more than it is now. Imagine trying to convince Harry Kane to stay and play under Emma Hayes. I mean ffs, have people lost their mind ? Women’s football is women’s football , end of story. Would men play against Women in a Wimbledon final in tennis ? No. PC Bolloks gone bonkers. If this ridiculous idea would ever to occur, Emma Hayes would have to start in the lower depths of league football and certainly shouldn’t be suddenly propelled into the biggest league in the world just because she manages chelsea women. Thankfully, even for someone as incompetent as Daniel Levy, even he’s not stupid enough to do this. I know we are desperate and this managerial situation is a shambles, but fuck me Emma Hayes, really ? Nothing against her personally, as she’s fantastic for the women’s game and a great role model. Managing men’s football in the premier league ? Just No
What the fuck are these people on tbh?!

PR win, but utter disaster everywhere else.

You're convincing yourself a woman coming in when there isn't one managing in the entire men's game here is some sort of good thing?

Completely fucking insano.

Do you think most managers would leave Gareth Bale in the stands every week?
I wonder why two great manager Jose and Zidane both had the same problem with Bale. People jump and shout because Bale had a few good games against low lying competition. We are not on the training ground. We just see 5 % of the actual work done. If Mo and Zidane felt he was lazy and didn't fit in with their plan. He didn't fit in. What I feel doesn't matter.

If potter is holding out for a “top 4” team he is dreaming. He’s in demand right now are rightfully so but it’s not that long ago Eddie Howe was in the same position and now look at him, fucker can’t even get us to interview him and we’re desperate! So potter should go when the going is good.

Mancini it is.

E4WY6-LWQAM7-46.jpg

We've stuffed it completely. No one wants it and i don't blame them. A thrifty chairman, no control because of the new DoF, the Kane situation, likely only keeping the seat warm until a better option is available like we did with Sherwood, a pissed off fanbase and knowing you're 8th or 9th choice. If you're a manager at a stable club you're not picking up this mess.

Back
Top Bottom