Pre-Season 24/25 including Asia Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well there’s no danger of no getting a seat the home support have got the right hump cos they are charging 30 nicker for us to rock up, they are playing Orient but thats £20…….when Bayern rock up we’re charging £30 so they ain’t paying £30 to watch our reserves

Yeah, the sweaties aren't happy. A Mars bar somewhere is going to get battered.

Spurs youth have had a terrific season whilst others have had some good loans.

I think we could see a number of them in the first 2 preseason games against Hearts (17/7) and QPR 20/7) before the youth get 'thinned out' before squad fly out to Japan - u21's also play Enfield on 13/7)

Potential youngsters :

GK- Josh Keeley and Luca Gunter
CB's - Ashley Phillips, Alfie Dorrington, Charlie Sayers (LB/CB)
FB's - Leo Black (RB) , Rio Kyerematen
CM's - George Abbott (also RB), Tyrese Hall, Jamie Donley (no 10), Alfie Devine, Lucas Bergvall
FWD's - Troy Parrott, Dane Scarlett, Will Lankshear, Yago Santiago, Jude Soonsup-Bell. Mikey Moore (will there be room for Veliz ?)

Spurs youth have had a terrific season whilst others have had some good loans.

I think we could see a number of them in the first 2 preseason games against Hearts (17/7) and QPR 20/7) before the youth get 'thinned out' before squad fly out to Japan - u21's also play Enfield on 13/7)

Potential youngsters :

GK- Josh Keeley and Luca Gunter
CB's - Ashley Phillips, Alfie Dorrington, Charlie Sayers (LB/CB)
FB's - Leo Black (RB) , Rio Kyerematen
CM's - George Abbott (also RB), Tyrese Hall, Jamie Donley (no 10), Alfie Devine, Lucas Bergvall
FWD's - Troy Parrott, Dane Scarlett, Will Lankshear, Yago Santiago, Jude Soonsup-Bell. Mikey Moore (will there be room for Veliz ?)
I think Rio has had surgery. So swap him for Akhamrich?
That is a great summary of the yoot.
It would be fantastic if just one or even two of those kids made it for THFC.

I think Rio has had surgery. So swap him for Akhamrich?
That is a great summary of the yoot.
It would be fantastic if just one or even two of those kids made it for THFC.

If anything we have more 'deserving' youth than Ange can use.

Akhamrich seems well developed and a decent footballer, but Ange already has too many good youth forwards to choose from, so unless Ange need to use him as a full back (where Akhamrich has played a few times) I think he'll need to wait a year

If anything we have more 'deserving' youth than Ange can use.

Akhamrich seems well developed and a decent footballer, but Ange already has too many good youth forwards to choose from, so unless Ange need to use him as a full back (where Akhamrich has played a few times) I think he'll need to wait a year
'Course.
I think Troy and Mikey will be around the first team next season. Bergvall very likely.
Successful loans for some of the others like most last season. Craig as well,

'Course.
I think Troy and Mikey will be around the first team next season. Bergvall very likely.
Successful loans for some of the others like most last season. Craig as well,

I am guessing it could be more nuanced - maybe

- Troy exclusively with first team, probably same with Bergvall but if he's not getting many first team minutes maybe he plays some u21 games as well
- Mikey getting minutes and training with first team as well as u21's. Will only be 17 in August so think he will still learn a lot in u21's
- Players such as Tyrese, Black and Kyerematen will probably play u21's with more limited first team action, and that probably mainly training, as all have had little/none u21 playing time so far.
- Gunter I think plays u21's maybe loan from January ? Maybe Dorrington too who is not as physically developed as Phillips. Sayers has been injured a lot this season, so may be in u21's (but also chance his contract will not be extended)
- The others, circa 10 players, I think we'll try to loan out - a lot more than this last season so whether there are enough clubs to take them is unclear to me

Provisional Pre-Season Fixtures

(July 1 Preseason training starts ?)

July 17 (edited) - Hearts (Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh)

July 20 - QPR (Loftus Road)

July 27 v Vissel Kobe (Japan)

Aug 3 Bayern (Korea)

Aug 10 - Bayern (Tottenham Hotspur Stadium)

Wed July 17 - Hearts (away)

Sat July 20 - QPR (Loftus Road)

Sat July 27 v Vissel Kobe (Japan)

Wed July 31 v Team K League (Korea)

Sat Aug 3 Bayern (Korea)

Sat Aug 10 - Bayern (Tottenham Hotspur Stadium)

Last edited:

View: https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1798595677389480120

Probably good for Spurs for Maddison to get a longer rest over summer - don't think he fully recovered from his injury (GBH by Chelsea players) v Chelsea with his form in 2nd half of the season way off the form he showed in first 10 games or so - providing he doesn't feel too 'affronted' by being dropped by England.

Be a good chance for players such as Devine and Donley to play alongside Maddison and/or watch closely to pick up some of Maddison's play.

And will probably help with integration of new players joining in preseason.

Back
Top Bottom