Pre-Season Summer 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

13 July - K League Best Team v Spurs (in South Korea)

16 July - Seville v Spurs (in South Korea)

23 July - Rangers v Spurs

30 July - Roma v Spurs ( Israel)

Other than possibly a couple of early local friendlies v the likes of Stevenage, Orient etc, I suspect that's the complete first team pre-season schedule

6 August - New PL Season starts
Nations Cup games are 4/7/11/14 June.
How long is a reasonable break for player's holidays?

Ticket prices for our match in Israel against Roma are outrageous. The cheapest tickets are 75£ with decent tickets at 125£.

I would have loved the club to take a stand on this issue but I guess I’m a daydreamer

I think there’s a small part of Outer Mongolia that we aren’t travelling to for a game this pre season

What’s going on ? Have the club forgotten about it ?

If it is 3 weeks (and arguably players will have had a week off after PL finishes and before joining up with international team) then those players called up for international duty re-join Spurs just in time to travel for first preseason match (13 July in South Korea).

I can see the first couple of pre-season matches having a number of u23 players plus those not called up for international matches whilst those called up regain fitness.

Plus, Third place play-off & Final 18 June (Nation Cup).
I'd imagine that any international player that played in the Nations Cup, especially the later stages will report back for training later, and not play in the first one or two friendlies.

Nations league is utterly ridiculous

So shorted of that beaky, dour plum to take his starting 11 and flog them for this nonsense. Should have given key players the summer off in the hope they are peaking for the WC and used it to see squad players get a chance and get some competitive Intl football

Nations league is utterly ridiculous

So shorted of that beaky, dour plum to take his starting 11 and flog them for this nonsense. Should have given key players the summer off in the hope they are peaking for the WC and used it to see squad players get a chance and get some competitive Intl football

Can't wait for rangers friendly , my brother is half Scottish and half English but while not a football fan watches all rangers matches when they are finals or important , so can't wait to go over to Scotland with him as he last went like 10 years ago and I have never been he warned me to just drink whiskey and agree with anybody I don't understand

Can't wait for rangers friendly , my brother is half Scottish and half English but while not a football fan watches all rangers matches when they are finals or important , so can't wait to go over to Scotland with him as he last went like 10 years ago and I have never been he warned me to just drink whiskey and agree with anybody I don't understand
The Scots are the only people on earth who don't think they have an accent.
My mate had a Glaswegian friend and I used to dread being left in a one on one conversation with him.
Nod but then be prepared to nay and then nod again.

The Scots are the only people on earth who don't think they have an accent.
My mate had a Glaswegian friend and I used to dread being left in a one on one conversation with him.
Nod but then be prepared to nay and then nod again.
Utter nonsense.

There's a whole heap of different accents across Scotland that are just as varied as anywhere else. People from Dundee sound absolutely nothing like people from Aberdeen or Glasgow etc.

Perhaps the Scots you've met are the faux posh ones who were brought up in either Newton Mearns, Corstorphine or some other plummy suburb and who almost to a man, woman or child, put on this ridiculous Ewan McGregor accent that they think impresses people.

For what it's worth I learned to tone my accent down through years of following Spurs but I'm well aware I have one that no fucker is understanding at a Spurs game unless if I don't.

Looks like we will be missing most of the above players until just before South Korea tour starts.

So start of pre-season matches definitely with half the squad plus u21 players

Will update list closer to start of tour, including new incoming players and deleting players who have left Spurs. And listing players who are available !

Anyone having issues with the official app. Received an email about Rangers ticketing but cant access any options. I cant even log in to view loyalty points, purchases, past tickets, that sort of thing. The whole site has gone to shit.
Or more to the point, i'm being a dullard somewhere or other.

Back
Top Bottom