Premier League 20/21 Targets and Expectations.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2020/2021 season target

• Win everything we enter!!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Title challenge and pick up at least 1 trophy.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Top 4 and get to the later stages (at least) of cup competitions.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • Top 4. The cup competition are less important.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Secure a Europa League spot. Top 4 would be tough, and a bonus.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • The league doesn't matter. Just win a trophy of any nature.

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Who cares - just sack Mourinho so we can focus on our future without him.

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
Would absolutely fucking love to win the Europa.

Does my nut when I hear people mug it off.

I agree. Though I would rather see us do it from starting in the competition rather than picking up the pieces of getting dumped out of a Champions League group in 3rd place.. like that Gent game I wasted my time and money attending.

Would absolutely fucking love to win the Europa.

Does my nut when I hear people mug it off.

Spurs supporters slagging of a trophy which we were the inaugural winners of and is a tournament that has defined out past.

And it’s not just the UEFA cup plenty do this with the FA Cup as well. An utter embarrassment to the supporter base.

I don't 'expect' anything. Expecting things just leads to disappointment and is a bit too elitist in my opinion.
I hope and want a successful season, but the beauty of the game is that anything can happen.

Buy two world level players
Savic, Kessie, get one solid RB castagne. Get a young talented LB Fergerson. Get an alternative to Kane, Muriqi, get an option at CB Kabak. Get rid of :Rose, Vertonghen, Vorm Gedson. Intergeate N'dombele. If we do this we can challenge for top four. That's the best it will get. I'd also genuinely like us to go back in for Grealish and include Sessingnon in a permanent player plus cash deal.

Buy two world level players
Savic, Kessie, get one solid RB castagne. Get a young talented LB Fergerson. Get an alternative to Kane, Muriqi, get an option at CB Kabak.

Assuming you are talking about SMS from Lazio when you said Savic that would be an amazing transfer window. Not sure how they would all work in MF especially if keeping Ndombele, but that would be a transfer window that may have me believing we could compete for top 4.

Zero chance Levy will go for it but it was nice to dream about for minute or two.

Assuming we qualify for Europa, our goals should be...

-Win Europa
-Win FA or League Cup
-Top 4 finish, ideally a fairly competitive say, within ~12 points of the league winner

If we do not qualify for Europa, our goals should be...

-Win FA or League Cup
-Top 4 finish with a legitimate title challenge

It all depends on the backing the manager gets in the transfer market.

Levy and ENIC are talking a BIG game in the chairmans message about how we are the net spend kings (laughable) and how we are going to show ambition on the pitch (remains to be seen.)

However IF Levy isn't just talking complete bollocks to get renewels (which I think he is) and the manager gets the targets he asks for then I see no reason why a league challenge and a trophy of any kind is unreasonable.

I know that's what Jose will be aiming for.

After an absolute horror season, we'll still probably finish 6th. That's more of less the EPL model now, no matter how bad we are, there's a glass ceiling that we don't really drop below. 2008/09 was the last season, we were outside the Top 6. Its not like the 70's and 90's when we were pretty shit and in a bad season, you'd be dicing with relegation or even getting relegated like 1976/77.

I don't think we'll finish any lower than 6th. Based on a league table since Mourinho took over, we're 4th, since the resumption in mid June, we're 3rd. Despite concerns over the style of play, if we make two or three astute signings, I'd be reasonably confident of Top 4. Chavs and Man U are nowhere near as good as they're built up to me. We're more or less at their level. City could struggle a bit as well as the big three players that backboned their side for a decade - Kompany, Silva and Aguerro are all either gone, or nearly gone and their defence is shit. Liverpool and City will still finish 1st and 2nd. After that, there's not too much to fear.

Europa Cup and FA Cup or League Cup plus top 4. Also would like to see our new home become a fortress so zero losses at home all season. Would also like to see us recruit a very good DM and RB and beat Woolwich home and away by a combined 10 for to zero against. If we’re getting really detailed, would also like to see Kane win the golden boot and for Mourinho to call out Paul Merson as a twat!

On a side note, in the last decade, the other top six clubs have won 35 trophies (excluding the Community Shield) between to our nil. I’d really like to see our team start the decade off with a trophy for the sake our big names sticking around!

- Worlds best striker
- one of the worlds best coaches
- Worlds best stadium
- Worlds best training facilities

Anything less than a title challenge and a major trophy would be unacceptable.

As a caveat, either Ndombele play's or we get a replacement. We cannot persist with Sissoko, Lo Celso and Winks as our fist choice midfield. None of them can play a creative pass.

Targets:
  • Finish in the Top 4
  • Win all the cups
  • Improved defence and more cohesive attack
Expectations:
  • Another Top 6 finish but hopefully with 70+ points
  • Win a domestic trophy
  • Go deep (at least up to the last 4) in Europa League
  • Clear signs of improvement from this season

European qualification has to be the bare minimum in the league.

I would love to win the Europa League, at least make the final.

Target
  • Win the Europa League
  • Finish top 4
  • Reach League Cup final as a minimum
  • Good run in the FA Cup
  • Improvement in the performances of all players
  • Better defensively
Expectations
  • Win the Europa League
  • Top 6 finish
  • Latter stages of the cups
  • Better defensively

This is all reliant on Mourinho getting backed.

Like all our managers over the last 15 years or so Mourinho will be judged if he gets us top 4 or not. He has to achieve champions league via league or Europa or he'll be toast. I'd like a cup as well but a league cup win and 6th,7th in the league wont be enough to save him imo.

Top 4 is the maximum we can extract from this squad and with this manager. Expecting more is just unrealistic and you’ll end up disappointed. If we recruit in the right areas with the right players we can make it easier for ourselves to be there at the end of the season.

Hopefully we’ll win a trophy aswell, it doesn’t matter which one it is because we desperately need one.

I cannot see us winning anything if we get the players we are being linked with.There is not one player we are being linked with that will improve our first 11. All they will do is hinder the growth of our youth as they will be Jose's signings and he will play them

Back
Top Bottom