Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

....Seemed like the comms were intentionally not mentioning his name tonight.

They know.
We know.
The scum ignore.

I understand why the media is electing to steer clear of this for now and cover their asses from any legal repercussions but its a damn shame that there is no coverage on what is going on here.

There needs to be light shed on not only this specific assault but the topic of sexual assault in general and the fact that the media is deciding to stay silent on it is doing a disservice to so many victims.

Not only that, but if Partey is continuously boo'd and harassed all season long, I feel that it's only a matter of time before some dimwit racist ends up shouting a racial slur at him thinking he has great banter. It's just been handled poorly from all angles no matter which way you look at this.

I understand why the media is electing to steer clear of this for now and cover their asses from any legal repercussions but its a damn shame that there is no coverage on what is going on here.

There needs to be light shed on not only this specific assault but the topic of sexual assault in general and the fact that the media is deciding to stay silent on it is doing a disservice to so many victims.

Not only that, but if Partey is continuously boo'd and harassed all season long, I feel that it's only a matter of time before some dimwit racist ends up shouting a racial slur at him thinking he has great banter. It's just been handled poorly from all angles no matter which way you look at this.
No mate it's the exact reverse the silence maybe is an attempt to not do disservice to victims who still might have an actual day in court.

That was all very odd tonight. I still find it astounding that the goons played him I found it even more astounding that the palace fans pretty much gave him a free ride.

Fucks sake chaps this guy is an admitted rapist why isn’t he being hounded out of our game?

Palace fans weren't brutal enough, in my opinion.

Loud boos from the start which died down as the game went on. Partey himself didn't seem phased by any of it.

I know there is the presumption of innocence, however there is absolutely nothing wrong with standing a player down whilst such serious allegations are pending.

I have followed St George in the NRL for nearly 50 years.

Few years ago, we had a player charged with rape ( Jack De Belin ), and both the Club AND the governing body made him stand down until it went to trial.

The NRL has a " no fault - stand down rule " , whereby a player charged with a serious criminal offence where a custodial sentence of 10 years or more is possible, the player will be stood down , on full pay until the matter is settled. The Club did the right thing. It cost us finals playoffs, however 90% I would say of the fan base was happy not to see him play whilst under this cloud.

Long story short... it went to trial TWICE,
IN BOTH CASES jury was hung.

He returned to our Club and is playing again.

Whilst Im uncomfortable seeing him wearing the Red V, I have to respect the process. I was glad though that the powers at be stood him down for nearly 3 years ( 2 full seasons ).

For the record, he did appeal the stand down rule against the NRL, and lost.

Palace fans weren't brutal enough, in my opinion.

Loud boos from the start which died down as the game went on. Partey himself didn't seem phased by any of it.

I'm calling shenanigans on Sky for that audio.

Sometimes he would get the ball and there would be booing. But the majority of the time it was either nothing or arse chants.

I have no idea how crowd microphones work but Palace aren't usually that quiet. It would be good to hear from one of their fans in the ground as to what was really happening. I think Sky tuned it out to pretend it wasn't happening.

I expected it to be worse than what Zouma copped and it didn't even come close.

I'm calling shenanigans on Sky for that audio.

Sometimes he would get the ball and there would be booing. But the majority of the time it was either nothing or arse chants.

I have no idea how crowd microphones work but Palace aren't usually that quiet. It would be good to hear from one of their fans in the ground as to what was really happening. I think Sky tuned it out to pretend it wasn't happening.

I expected it to be worse than what Zouma copped and it didn't even come close.

There were reports on twitter of Palace fans singing “she said no Partey, she said no.” Etc. Sky can’t legally mention any of the accusations, so I can understand them steering clear of reporting it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Partey’s lawyers have taken out super injunctions to stop any reporting about it whatsoever. That’s probably why the accused has been banned from twitter too.

It’s all a bit like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted, this has to be the worst kept secret in football right now.

I wonder if players are giving him stick about it on the pitch. Was it Chris Wood that kept miaowing at Zouma? I know if I was up against him in midfield I’d be at him non stop about it trying to get the cunt to react.

There were reports on twitter of Palace fans singing “she said no Partey, she said no.” Etc. Sky can’t legally mention any of the accusations, so I can understand them steering clear of reporting it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Partey’s lawyers have taken out super injunctions to stop any reporting about it whatsoever. That’s probably why the accused has been banned from twitter too.

It’s all a bit like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted, this has to be the worst kept secret in football right now.

I wonder if players are giving him stick about it on the pitch. Was it Chris Wood that kept miaowing at Zouma? I know if I was up against him in midfield I’d be at him non stop about it trying to get the cunt to react.
We have a winner. And Sky100% messed with the audio.

Back
Top Bottom