Qarabağ FK, 1882!!!, Europa League, 17 Sept., 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading lots of press coverage about only 9 English players played across all of Tuesday & Wednesday's Champions League games this week.

Thought for the week.......................We had 9 in our squad last night and 8 of them played (6 from our academy)!!! With the addition of rested Walker and injured Pritchard & Mason that is fucking incredible! 12 English players with a combined age of just 22yrs!

Whens the parade?

a48bb6cf-9a1f-4e43-a3ff-2998f82a564d-620x372.png

what's going on here?
It annoys the fuck out of me that players clearly don't have the same emotional reaction to a goal as us fans.

Reading lots of press coverage about only 9 English players played across all of Tuesday & Wednesday's Champions League games this week.

Thought for the week.......................We had 9 in our squad last night and 8 of them played (6 from our academy)!!! With the addition of rested Walker and injured Pritchard & Mason that is fucking incredible! 12 English players with a combined age of just 22yrs!

I think you mean average not combined... :pochbye:

Hopefully this will continue to be the case in the next few years, love a british core to our team.

I think you mean average not combined... :pochbye:

Hopefully this will continue to be the case in the next few years, love a british core to our team.

Personally, I would love if there were currently any Scottish players that I thought were good enough to wear the spurs shirt. He wasn't perfect but I loved when Hutton played for us.

In a couple of years maybe. If this doesn't excite you then sorry mate get back in the fucking sea.

Remind me how many trophies wengers wonder kids we read about tearing up the early stages of the league cups in the past won.

I always thought about this.
Erik is not a scorer, not a forward.
He fits playmaker but Eriksen too.
So i wonder about Eriksen playing for midfielder. He press well and know how to build up. Sometimes he looks like modric. Dier plays well at DM.
So it could be one way for our squad i think

It is not purely about the age of those guys, I just think it's good that for once we have some players who are confident and look like they have a winning mentality

I mean compare Dier and Alli to Chiriches and Paulinho, we now have two players with an abundance of potential and more of a killer look in their eye, the hunger is there

Couldn't see the game last night and just watched it amazingly without knowing the score!

Could easily have been 5-3 to us!

Delighted with result and some good performances from Alli, Son, Carroll, Dier, Wimmer and steady ones from Hugo, Toby!
Shocker from Rose but maybe rusty.
Shocker from Townsend and shd be used as an impact player coming on as a sub only
Poor from Trippier and ok maybe it wasn't a pen but still a poor challenge which gave the ref, who had a good game, a decision to make.

The enigma that is Lamela continues to puzzle though and I feared the worst when I saw him way out on the left and he didn't disappoint with some woeful passing.
He could have hidden but didn't and I had to admire his work rate and constant wanting the ball and to be involved.
In the 2nd half he played more centrally and improved markedly as a result thoroughly deserving his goal which he took well!
IMO we MUST persevere with him as he could be great for us but play him in his favoured position behind Harry in the middle or don't bother!
The incident in which he hit the post after allegedly 'stealing' the ball from Alli doesn't warrant debating in my view as it was a split second incident in which he had a perfect right to take on the shot and the result could have been the same if Alli had shot!
These things happen!
Could be a decent midfield of Dier, Lamela, Alli and Eriksen in a 442 with Harry and Son up front but would Pooch risk it in the PL?

:pocheyes:

It is not purely about the age of those guys, I just think it's good that for once we have some players who are confident and look like they have a winning mentality

I mean compare Dier and Alli to Chiriches and Paulinho, we now have two players with an abundance of potential and more of a killer look in their eye, the hunger is there
Naaaaaahhh mate it's all about big price tags and continental style of play. These young English boys are gash m8

I enjoyed the match last night, even though we conceded the early penalty I knew we had goals in us against what was a second rate keeper

Positives for me were trippier, son, alli and Carroll, all had good games. Stand out for me was Wimmer, excellent at the back and wanted to get the ball down and pass.

Frustration of the night was lamela, worked hard for the team, put in some good tackles and took his goal well but gives the ball away so much. Rose looked rusty, let's hope last night was a blip!

Only other negative and this may upset some was our support in the north stand, or rather lack of it. All I could hear was chit chat and the odd moan, only when we got back in it did any noise erupt.

Thank fuck for 1882 making some noise and actually getting behind the shirt. Some of us suggest that the team is only up for big games, well I think the said can be said of large sections of the Paxton.

The North Stand is always quiet, have sat there quite a lot and rarely does it get going. The blokes behind me spend the game talking about their wives and kids more than watch the game in front of them.

I enjoyed the match last night, even though we conceded the early penalty I knew we had goals in us against what was a second rate keeper

Positives for me were trippier, son, alli and Carroll, all had good games. Stand out for me was Wimmer, excellent at the back and wanted to get the ball down and pass.

Frustration of the night was lamela, worked hard for the team, put in some good tackles and took his goal well but gives the ball away so much. Rose looked rusty, let's hope last night was a blip!

Only other negative and this may upset some was our support in the north stand, or rather lack of it. All I could hear was chit chat and the odd moan, only when we got back in it did any noise erupt.

Thank fuck for 1882 making some noise and actually getting behind the shirt. Some of us suggest that the team is only up for big games, well I think the said can be said of large sections of the Paxton.

Lamela was crucial in the two goals that won us the game. He made the tackle that started the break for the 2nd goal and made the run into the box which created the deeper space for Son. He plays riskier passes than the other team, so it is expected that he will give the ball away, but when those passes come off it results in a chance created. Makes more sense to try and make something happen as opposed to holding the ball against some Sunday League team from the middle east.

They made a lot of noise though when lamela played a ball straight to the opposition!

I appreciate we are a hard crowd to please and the expectation level is sometimes too high. But I wish sections of our support would put as much energy into supporting the team as they do moaning at them!

Modern football I guess we are not that different to many other clubs

So many positives from last night and hate to hark on the negatives, but after watching the game again boy was Townsend bad.

I know the opposition is terrible but out build-up was straight up sexy at times. Townsend just does not fit in. Easily the weakest link in the attack.

A lot of Qarabag's attacks started by his giveaways or mistakes.

There is no contradiction.
This game we played well.
Against Sunderland we were atrocious.

A win is not everything to me.

ArtyB ArtyB

I still want them gone and new life bred into the running of the club. You think playing a decent (not brilliant) match against Quarabag changed that?
You think not signing a DM, and Dier limping off changed that?
You think still having to use Kane in these games changed anything about my views?
Or that applying our "policy" of pressing, equating to an absolute shit fest in defence made a difference to my opinion that Poch is just an average manager?

Two wins on the spin is nothing but good, but one was hideous, and one was unnacceptable for any other result.
How old are you?

Back
Top Bottom