Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope whatever has made you this angry , so much in need of an argument some day goes away . It must be horrible to be constantly looking to get under the skin of others. Maybe it’s just how you are on here & not real life.
Either way , good luck with your fight , whatever the hell that may be.
You're the one getting triggered sweety.

Read me angry if you like, but all i've ever really said about you is that you pretend to sit on the fence. Remember my Corbyn post in the Israel thread? Didn't even aim that at you but you got all precious about it.

And you're the one getting personal all of a sudden.

E3XuaQHXIAgKbzQ
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what an absolute non point

You're the one getting triggered sweety.

Read me angry if you like, but all i've ever really said about you is that you pretend to sit on the fence. Remember my Corbyn post in the Israel thread? Didn't even aim that at you but you got all precious about it.

You're the one getting personal all of a sudden.
I don’t , no.

If you see it as personal then I apologize it isn’t meant as that but I just don’t get the uproar about some people deciding to do something because there is , as they perceive , injustice in the world . Does it really affect your day to day life that Rashford & co do what they do? Let them , if they feel it helps right the obvious wrongs in the world ( it won’t ) but it’s okay .
I don’t see the point in outrage

I don’t , no.

If you see it as personal then I apologize it isn’t meant as that but I just don’t get the uproar about some people deciding to do something because there is , as they perceive , injustice in the world . Does it really affect your day to day life that Rashford & co do what they do? Let them , if they feel it helps right the obvious wrongs in the world ( it won’t ) but it’s okay .
I don’t see the point in outrage
No. It bothers me that an extreme leftwing group that i have been aware of for the best part of 8 years is dividing people and creating more racism. Not sure how many times I have to reiterate that even though you appear to think that means i'm anti-equality.

I dunno. It's almost like you're brainwashed and not actually listening. Shocker.

Great red herring. You’re a fucking meme.

You’re the problem. Supporting an organisation that burns down businesses (many of those black owned) spew anti white and anti Semitic vitriol. Call for the defunding of police “fry them like bacon” in a country that doesn’t even have a police brutality problem. Use violence to achieve their political ideology.

but no. White middle class Guido in his countryside home will be clapping like a seal in his living room this week, thus solving all racism and anyone who doesn’t participate is a racist.

now remember, video you kneeling and post it on here on Friday or you’re a racist. That’s where we’re at in the world now aren’t we. Your terms.

No. It bothers me that an extreme leftwing group that i have been aware of for the best part of 8 years is dividing people and creating more racism. Not sure how many times I have to reiterate that even though you appear to think that means i'm anti-equality.

I dunno. It's almost like you're brainwashed and not actually listening. Shocker.
I’m not left wing , I don’t particularly care for either side . That said I don’t see the issue of raising racial inequality a left wing thing . I do agree that the overly “ woke”are making matters worse but not tolerating racism is hardly woke. You get extremities on both sides of the political coin , they are the problem not your average joe. Sadly they have loud voices & both sides should be ignored

You’re the problem. Supporting an organisation that burns down businesses (many of those black owned) spew anti white and anti Semitic vitriol. Call for the defunding of police “fry them like bacon” in a country that doesn’t even have a police brutality problem. Use violence to achieve their political ideology.

but no. White middle class Guido in his countryside home will be clapping like a seal in his living room this week, thus solving all racism and anyone who doesn’t participate is a racist.

now remember, video you kneeling and post it on here on Friday or you’re a racist. That’s where we’re at in the world now aren’t we. Your terms.
Even if everyone 'woke' up and all turned left wing you know where that goes. Purity spirals where everyone's competing to be the best least racist cuck on the block.

How did we get to all this? It's fucking pathetic.

I’m not left wing , I don’t particularly care for either side . That said I don’t see the issue of raising racial inequality a left wing thing . I do agree that the overly “ woke”are making matters worse but not tolerating racism is hardly woke. You get extremities on both sides of the political coin , they are the problem not your average joe. Sadly they have loud voices & both sides should be ignored
I agree, because i'm not racist or woke.

But don't tell me you don't lean left mate. I mean most of us do these days in some form anyway.

I support the players and their message, the message that they have communicated numerous times, the message I posted above. There is zero ambiguity, there is zero mention of politics, in fact, it explicitly refutes this.

Yet, you choose to deliberately ignore what that message and reason is and deliberately choose another that they have explicitly made clear is not. That makes you the problem.

You are now making assumptions about me, about where I live, my background, almost like profiling someone is important to you, but of course, given your stance that's understandable, of course it matters to you, it's the genesis of your willful ignorance.

Let's be very specific, I've not called anyone a racist if they don't participate in applauding or actually taking a knee. I've specifically said if you actively boo anyone that does then you are a racist.

I support the players and their message, the message that they have communicated numerous times, the message I posted above. There is zero ambiguity, there is zero mention of politics, in fact, it explicitly refutes this.

Yet, you choose to deliberately ignore what that message and reason is and deliberately choose another that they have explicitly made clear is not. That makes you the problem.

You are now making assumptions about me, about where I live, my background, almost like profiling someone is important to you, but of course, given your stance that's understandable, of course it matters to you, it's the genesis of your willful ignorance.

Let's be very specific, I've not called anyone a racist if they don't participate in applauding or actually taking a knee. I've specifically said if you actively boo anyone that does then you are a racist.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

I agree, because i'm not racist or woke.

But don't tell me you don't lean left mate. I mean most of us do these days in some form anyway.
I’m just tired of politics , I mean I have an interest in it but the players on the world stage on all side are so out of touch with reality . I’d laugh as much as Starmer trying to connect with the people as Johnson. It’s all bloody made up crap . The G 7 the other day , giving not two fucks of respecting the very restrictions they set. I don’t get how anyone can side with any of them. It’s the old divide & conquer routine . With wokeness it’s as if people are trying their hardest to out do one another in things that anyone with an ounce of common sense would find absurd. The false outrage at ridiculous stand point of “ that offended me”. This is now happening on both sides of the political spectrum.

that said , 11 footballers saying no to racism is not a bad thing . Kick it out clearly didn’t work as racism is still rife in the game & society as a whole. Fifa came up with a catch phrase , it was clearly meaningless . Maybe a change of tactic , will it do anything ? Probably not but there’s no harm in trying & there’s no reason for anyone to get upset by anyone doing it . Media made it political and connected taking the knee with a bunch of extremists .

Last edited:

You constantly make assumptions about people you egocentric cunt, who the fuck are you to decide who's the problem anyway you self absorbed twat?

Pretending to disassociate taking the knee and the BLM organisation is disingenuous and an outright lie, no matter how much you try to spin it. Now you want to move the goal posts and say it’s simply about some vague message about inequality. Do me a fucking favour.

Players began taking the knee in June 2020 specifically in response to BLM and literally wore Black Lives Matter on their shirts all season. The PL still shows BLM on their screen to this day, and every stadium has had BLM banners. Now moving the goalposts, booing this political act is your big “gotcha” moment. “It has nothing to do with BLM!!” Doesn’t fucking wash with me. Your hand wringing attempts to look virtuous are pathetic at best. By your own admission you refuse to take the knee, which in the eyes of BLM, makes YOU a racist and just as culpable as someone that doesn’t agree with their twisted ideology.

If players want to support the violent far left wing political group BLM fair enough. That’s them inacting their right to free speech. Guess what, fans (who spend large amounts of their income to fund these players lifestyles) can also have their right to free speech to disagree with this horrid group.

the fans do not want to bow down to your sanctimonious woke bullshit. Is Zaha a racist? Is Les Ferdinand a racist? You couldn’t give a shit about actual racism and your only motive is to create further division.

Again, your attempts to move the goalposts and pretend this isn’t an overtly political statement is an insult to everyone’s intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom