Refund the travelling support

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Itโ€™s phrased as if the players are reimbursing rather than the club.
So Levy takes personal responsibility for the performance, but the manager is sacked and the players are reimbursing the fans out of their own salaries.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I have two thoughts on this.

1. Yep fair play. It should NEVER have come to this and they should rightly be embarrassed, but it's pleasing they are doing so (damn right too!).

2. The BEST way of saying sorry to the fans would be to at the least put in a performance next game. Whatever the outcome - a fucking performance that either wins the game or that at least the fans can say 'well yeah fair enough, they gave 100% at least'.

Good gesture but part of me would prefer Daniel Levy personally paying it to demonstrate that he really is taking responsibility this time. This is basically fining the players for playing badly.

Some of the team should contribute a hell of a lot more towards this refund than others.

Let's not mention any names here though, I don't think there's any (Hojbjerg) need to point fingers at any one player in the squad (Dier) as that will just lead to a toxic atmopshere developing.

***Just kidding before anyone gets emotional. I actually thought Perisic, Porro & Kulu were the worst performers on the day, personally.

Daniel should cover travel costs.

The worry to me is that does it not come across as a bit of an admission that at least some of them werenโ€™t trying?

If thatโ€™s the case those players should be named and shamed and then run out of the club

Double bubble for those that sold the ticket on lol

Not me before anyone says.

Back
Top Bottom