Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something that's very wrong with Nuno aproach and show be chaged after this game is our midflield, why the fuck we play Skipp and Hojbjer togheter to let Dele run free? Dele is shite, we are too defensive to acomodate a player that do nothing with the ball. Just play Lo Celso or Ndombele in Dele's spot and we would instantly improve.
I don't like playing Skipp and Hojberg together, really. Dele at least offers something different, those 2 are too defencive and similar.

That said, didn't watch this match and rather annoyed we drew.

buy some quality players in January which is what we should have done in the Summer, and he will have too when Jan rolls round and we are sitting about 12th
Of course. Recruitment helps.

But we don’t really look coached. What’s our identity? What’s our attacking plan? Are we ever going to press again? Are we just going to sit in a low or mid block and hope, somehow to get the ball to Kane? Are we looking to play wingbacks? Is our attacking future based around Reguillon and Emerson?

I just see zero direction.

Scored two goals with more than a little bit of luck involved, and the best we can do is a draw? Not a good showing after a 0-3 drubbing at the weekend. Ndombele looked good, but that was about the only positive.

Ndombele looked very good in spells (bit lame on the first goal though).
Rodon was decent enough.
Decent shift from Gil.
Again, looked like Emerson won't shy away from the rough stuff.
No-one died.

That's about all I got tho'.

I don't like playing Skipp and Hojberg together, really. Dele at least offers something different, those 2 are too defencive and similar.

That said, didn't watch this match and rather annoyed we drew.
I saw teams play with 2 defensive midfielders like them and be very good, but you have to give the free role to a creative midflielder, not a donkey like Dele. Also Hojbjerg were very good near the goal in the City game, if I'm not wrong, he can offer something going forward, he was 100% defensive last season cause we didn't have another DM.

What makes me the most sick is all my life Spurs have been a mediocre club with the odd moment of cup glory, and the odd top quality player. but in recent years we've actually been a top top side, with top players in every position, and in such a short time that my head is still spinning we've gone from Champions league finalists and one of the best teams in Europe to mid table nobodies full of absolute average players from top to bottom and seemingly no ambition in the board to correct it.

And what makes it worse is some people on here seem totally oblivious to this or just don't care.

I'm fucking angry how quickly we've turned to shit, I don't want to go back the shit we were served up in the 90's. Does it not fuck some of you off that we now have a worse squad then West fucking Ham?

Great performance today by Spurs! Did not think we would get a point from this game since its a pretty rough away stadium. Rennes are a strong side and in a great position in Ligue 1.
Doherty might have finally redeemed himself as our first choice right back and Collini is knocking on that first team spot!
Bad news are we lost Bergwijn and Moura but we have strong backups on the bench ready for some action!
$COYS$

What makes me the most sick is all my life Spurs have been a mediocre club with the odd moment of cup glory, and the odd top quality player. but in recent years we've actually been a top top side, with top players in every position, and in such a short time that my head is still spinning we've gone from Champions league finalists and one of the best teams in Europe to mid table nobodies full of absolute average players from top to bottom and seemingly no ambition in the board to correct it.

And what makes it worse is some people on here seem totally oblivious to this or just don't care.

I'm fucking angry how quickly we've turned to shit, I don't want to go back the shit we were served up in the 90's. Does it not fuck some of you off that we now have a worst squad then West fucking Ham?

I said many weeks ago that West Ham had a better squad than us this season and got a shit ton of dislikes. They're a team going in one direction whereas we're doing a fucking crab impersonation at best.

C'mon, mate... Put your big boy pants on and grow a pair.

Chavs game is daunting given the all the absences, but Scum, Burnley and some other ECL games???
We were quite shit vs wolves, watford and palace as well as vs this rennie and the first leg of paco. We've been mostly shit. I can see why some arent so optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom