Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate it's terrible

Stuffed full of players that have proven themselves inept/bang average at this level

Who do you look at and truly have confidence that they are going to give you a 7 or 8 out of 10 most weeks ?

Kane , Son , Hoijberg maybe , who else ?
Out of those three only Son.

But...the three in midfield are the biggest problem, replcing Skipp, Hojberg and Dele/Winks with Barrios, Gravenberch and Koopmeiners would work wonders for us and totally change things about.

Seriously, this raving over a bang average footballer because he shows a bit of determination shows exactly where we have fallen to.

And this current Harry Kane is a disaster.

Guirassi cost the same as Doherty !
The same window we got Doherty, Wolves got Semedo.
How that flew over our heads, I’d never know.
And we never gave Aurier enough credit.
I miss him.
Royal is useless, Doherty is pointless and Tanganga is loved but has a long way to get to Aurier levels which isn’t world class but better than anything we are dealing with.

Couldn’t pass it, couldn’t cross it, was easily beaten and was caught waiting for the ball instead of going to meet it on more than one occasion almost leading to a goal. Other than that nothing
Did you miss his cross that led to our equaliser?
And he was not involved in either of the goals we conceded.
Solid display as per usual for the Doc.
Not great but solid.

I saw teams play with 2 defensive midfielders like them and be very good, but you have to give the free role to a creative midflielder, not a donkey like Dele. Also Hojbjerg were very good near the goal in the City game, if I'm not wrong, he can offer something going forward, he was 100% defensive last season cause we didn't have another DM.
He's a better DM than Skipp and better going forward than Skipp. Dele is better going forward than Skipp. If Ndombele will play up to his potential, I'd rather see Hojberg, Ndombele, and Dele/GLC depending on how we want to prioritize the midfield in the meaningful matches. Dele takes a lot of stick from people because he's not the goal threat he used to be...but he isn't being asked to play that way anymore (or at least he isn't, regardless of whats being asked).

I like Skipp, but he's just too one dimensional. Great bench/rotation option at this point. But he needs to start developing more of his game.

The same window we got Doherty, Wolves got Semedo.
How that flew over our heads, I’d never know.
And we never gave Aurier enough credit.
I miss him.
Royal is useless, Doherty is pointless and Tanganga is loved but has a long way to get to Aurier levels which isn’t world class but better than anything we are dealing with.

Unbelievably I'm starting to think the same and he's only played one and a half games, worrying how shockingly poor he has started.
Gil tonight looked totally out of his depth, I'm not convinced he's ready but he is replacing the squad hole left by Bale and Lamela which is a big worry.
Gollini has a touch of the Heruelho Gomes about him, I don't want to be the geezer who judges players after a handful of games but it looks fucking worrying from where I am sitting.

Fair point but i just dont really see what we're trying to do in matches although it is early days. I think rather than just looking at results you can tell if a manager might stand a chance if there is a pattern of play and an idea of what they're trying to do.

Finishing the first half without being forced to make subs would be a lovely start.

In simple terms I'm guessing the basic plan is:

- Shore up (first 3 EPL games showed progress on that front).
- Then build the more progressive and counter elements of our play from there.

I've got a horrible feeling that Nuno's gonna be feeling the heat before the lay of the land affords him the chance to prove himself..... If Lucas, Berg & Son all remain out for the next week or more things could get messy fast.

We have yet to even get our first XI on the field together yet. :(

We never did under Mourinho or AVB and concerned history is repeating.

AVB was just keep-ball teams to death and wait for a worldy from Garreff.

We’re in a bit of a weird place with the injuries and whatnot, with a manager who’s clearly having a bit of bother trying to work out the strongest XI. Players still yet to bed in and get used to each other. I’m not going to lose sleep over this one.

I know you lot like to rip Winks but fuck me, Doherty is genuinely up there for the worst ever player to play for us
It's really funny seeing the opposition always give him miles of space out there, knowing that he will never do anything useful when he gets the ball.

There were a couple of times tonight when our players almost let out audible sighs after having no alternative but to pass it out to Doherty.

Poor guy has zero confidence, everything he does "creatively" turns to shit and his legs look like they've gone early.

The whole thing is becoming painful to behold.

Back
Top Bottom