Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What have you to our beloved Siggy??
No Way Reaction GIF

Another Everton fan here in peace. Here is my take on Richy and on these comments in particular.

He is moody to a degree. He can be a bit petulant at times (moreso a couple of seasons ago when he could also be baited etc..). But it doesn’t come from a place of selfishness, it’s just an abundance of passion. He wants to do well for his team and for the fans. He’s going to leave Everton as a bit of a cult hero for that reason. He will give absolutely everything for whatever club he’s at. You’ll never question that.

He absolutely goes down too easy at times. That is true (though again, a bit less than a couple of seasons ago). It’s also true that he gets kicked at least as much as any player in the league. I expect that will happen less on both accounts when he’s not the focus of opposing defenses so much.

As a player he is a bit of a mixed bag. Dangerous and direct with the ball but he’s not quite the finisher you’d like and he will sometimes make the wrong decisions in the final third. Again, some of that may be down to his team. There were times when you could see him pressing because of how little we created and he would take poor shots when there were better options. Obviously he wouldn’t have that issue at Spurs. The real value of Richie is his work rate and what he can do for you defensively. He’s very responsible that way and I would challenge anyone to find a premier league winger who does more for his club at the other end.

I think his floor is what you’ve seen of him at Everton. A hardworking two way winger that opposing players and fans will find very annoying to play against. His ceiling, if you can improve him even 10% in the final third, is that 80m player who can bag 15 and 7 and be a huge asset in your own end as well.

Great stuff, thanks for that

Surely there has to be better players for that money. FFS even Diaz didn’t cost that much for the dippers.
I’d spend the money on a real quality CM like neves.
In attack we currently have HK, Son, Kulu, Berg and lucas. That isn’t too shabby. Think we need one quality younger player who is ok with being on the bench.

Surely there has to be better players for that money. FFS even Diaz didn’t cost that much for the dippers.
In attack we currently have HK, Son, Kulu, Berg and lucas. That isn’t too shabby. Think we need one quality younger player who is ok with being on the bench.

Face it. Berg is off.

Another Everton fan here in peace. Here is my take on Richy and on these comments in particular.

He is moody to a degree. He can be a bit petulant at times (moreso a couple of seasons ago when he could also be baited etc..). But it doesn’t come from a place of selfishness, it’s just an abundance of passion. He wants to do well for his team and for the fans. He’s going to leave Everton as a bit of a cult hero for that reason. He will give absolutely everything for whatever club he’s at. You’ll never question that.

He absolutely goes down too easy at times. That is true (though again, a bit less than a couple of seasons ago). It’s also true that he gets kicked at least as much as any player in the league. I expect that will happen less on both accounts when he’s not the focus of opposing defenses so much.

As a player he is a bit of a mixed bag. Dangerous and direct with the ball but he’s not quite the finisher you’d like and he will sometimes make the wrong decisions in the final third. Again, some of that may be down to his team. There were times when you could see him pressing because of how little we created and he would take poor shots when there were better options. Obviously he wouldn’t have that issue at Spurs. The real value of Richie is his work rate and what he can do for you defensively. He’s very responsible that way and I would challenge anyone to find a premier league winger who does more for his club at the other end.

I think his floor is what you’ve seen of him at Everton. A hardworking two way winger that opposing players and fans will find very annoying to play against. His ceiling, if you can improve him even 10% in the final third, is that 80m player who can bag 15 and 7 and be a huge asset in your own end as well.

Cheers brosef.

So for years we complained about not having a legit ST or LW option if Kane or Son get hurt. Now we have a option to buy and people complain??

I hope things improve for you guys next season. I think the best advice I can give you is not to sign any more of our old has-beens as they never seem to work out for you.

Face it. Berg is off.
Good riddence. What an ungrateful little twerp. Wasted three years of our time, game after game of fuck all, and when he finally starts to score he's in a big huff about game time. Yes, he got less minutes than he deserved this season but he got a lot more than he deserved in the past.

If the prick was actually good we wouldn't have needed to buy Kulu in january.

Someone take this guy out, he's on to us
Not being funny 50m + Winks is taking the piss. I'd value Winks at least 15m. That's the going rate for bang average players that play for bottom half teams.

Back
Top Bottom