Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He just doesn’t have that killer instinct does he? Thankfully Brennan Johnson looks to be Ange’s immediate 1st choice which will put Richy back on the bench. I like him, but he just looks clumsy and can’t seem to control a ball either

Agreed.

I think Postecoglou recognises the effort, like we all do, but that's not enough.

Interesting now, because Son is arguably more striker than wide man, so in truth we are looking for a player to compete with/complement him.

It just seems as though mentally Richarlison can't cut it.

Not good enuf to be starter but IF he’s willing to be an impact sub for us then happy to see him stay. I think he is good enuf to be a decent squad player and make contributions coming off the bench - like he did against Sheffield. We paid way too much for him - but nothing that can be done about that now.

I like that he’s dropped the chicken dance and other nonsense.

Holy fucking shit he's bad. And against Luton no less. I bet Callum Wilson and Big Arse just feel pity for him at this stage.

I'm being harsh I suppose but if he'd tucked away that early, simple chance then the rest of the game would have been a lot less stressful for everyone.

Not good enuf to be starter but IF he’s willing to be an impact sub for us then happy to see him stay. I think he is good enuf to be a decent squad player and make contributions coming off the bench - like he did against Sheffield. We paid way too much for him - but nothing that can be done about that now.

I like that he’s dropped the chicken dance and other nonsense.
No way are we as a club keeping a 60m player as an impact sub. If he can't hit the ground running, fine. If he can't pick up his form to start banging in goals relatively consistently after 40 games, time to say goodbye!

No way are we as a club keeping a 60m player as an impact sub. If he can't hit the ground running, fine. If he can't pick up his form to start banging in goals relatively consistently after 40 games, time to say goodbye!
Certainly agree that we shouldn’t be paying 60M for an impact sub. But unfortunately whether we keep him or not that money is long gone and we’re not getting it back.

No one is going pay us anything close to 60M - Unless the Saudis make a bid, I don’t think any other club will pay us more than 15-20M. So maybe keeping him as an impact sub is making the best of a less than ideal situation - or keep praying for that Saudi bid.

Last edited:
I honestly thought that his successful show against Sheffield Utd might settle him down a bit, and give him a boost to his confidence. Unfortunately, after today's showing, it might be that he can only perform when coming off the bench.
When we play him from the start, it seems to me that Sonny doesn't play in his strongest position.
It's a shame, but we can't afford to carry passengers if we want to be successful.

In that context; his former price-tag is moot.

I honestly thought that his successful show against Sheffield Utd might settle him down a bit, and give him a boost to his confidence.

Thought he was decent for the bulk of his time against the dippers too...... Could have ended the game with 3 assists (rather than 1).

Unfortunately, after today's showing, it might be that he can only perform when coming off the bench.
When we play him from the start, it seems to me that Sonny doesn't play in his strongest position.
It's a shame, but we can't afford to carry passengers if we want to be successful.

I'd rather Sonny played at CF anyway.

We started the season not quite knowing what we had in terms of attackers in our squad and now (what with injuries too) it's become clear that LW is a weak area for us.

In that context; his former price-tag is moot.
Let me rephrase....

No way are we as a club keeping a player (we bought to play primarily as a goalscorer) who only scored 5 goals in 45 appearances...as an impact sub, especially if we are serious about winning silverware with Ange. If a reasonable enough fee is offered (30-40 quid), sell up ASAP!

Let me rephrase....

No way are we as a club keeping a player (we bought to play primarily as a goalscorer) who only scored 5 goals in 45 appearances...as an impact sub, especially if we are serious about winning silverware with Ange. If a reasonable enough fee is offered (30-40 quid), sell up ASAP!

I'd guess that 60m would have included 10m-ish of add-ons and on the basis of clubs that may be interested AND can afford him you're looking at 25m..... 30m max if they're an EPL club that's just had a windfall.

Feel for him but any lingering faith is dying a death. If you can’t bag v Luton when put on a plate for you, when can you bag?

Brazils number 9 blah blah.. he doesn’t even score for them anymore, if they have any sense they’ll replace him with any other warm body out there.

It does seem to be a mental thing so maybe a fresh move will help. Saudi would be nice and relaxing.

Back
Top Bottom