Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should end the season on 14 or 15 goals which is his peak. Never scored more than 13 I believe .
So would be a good time to sell in the summer off that back of that

Good return and I like him but his all round game is severely lacking in terms of hold up play, and passing.
Alternatively if he's happy to be a bench option then I'd be happy with that
Keep him and buy someone who hopefully puts him on the bench. It can get better than Richy, but it can get worse, too. Not interested in selling him and buying 2 new CFs.

He's been terrible the last few games but overall since his return from injury he's been a different player. If it persists for another few games then I'll start to worry.

You are right regarding the game but we can clearly see he is not a striker that we can rely on consistently for a top team. Problem with him is that he can't create anything for himself when he has the ball. When off the ball his movement is subpar although he does press hard. He is at best a squad player/backup striker.

Well, that's similar to what I said in the same post you quoted ;)

That one-touch or two-touch football is his level. He can't take the ball under control, drop the shoulder and play angled pass to a teammate. Nor can he create from himself, agreed. So basically we are on the agreement regarding him.

I think the implication is that we need at least one new ST regardless.......

Personally I'm more than happy with Rich as #2 next season. Sure, if one of Veliz or Scarlett surpass him then all's the better, but essentially buying another #2 (given the potential re-sale on Rich); we'd only end up with another 'project' like Veliz anyway.

I think we will pack Scarlett off on another loan next season, Veliz will come back and then if we sell Richy then that will give us the chance to go and get 1 in so next season we'll have Son, Richy replacement and Veliz vying for one spot.

Also keeping Richy at no2 is pointless, he needs to play regularly - the main reason why he's hit this recent hot streak is because he's been playing a succession of matches otherwise we are using him as a no2 for what, I'd say sell him this Summer whilst his stocks are high.

Okay you're really going to make me do this aren't you. 🤦‍♂️

0:06 Correct - Marked tight by Dawson(?) another player closing
0:13 Nope - Market tight by Dawson, get shrugged off the ball too easily.
0:19 Nope - Poor first touch, mis controls the ball resulting in Wolves players regaining possession

All the other times he didn't have 2 or 3 Wolves players around him, watch it again.

Like - If you're seriously sitting there and telling me that players like Watkins or Toney or Solanke wouldn't have made more of those situations they you may as well give up watching football tbh because we all know that if they have a 3 on 3 they aren't offering up a tame shot whilst slipping on their arse.

rich.png

Let me get this straight, you're actually justifying players making stupid fouls when they don't even need to...what are we even doing here?

What? :confused:

I don't know what you're on about, we officially have the best press in the league therefore we already make the game uncomfortable for the opponent, what would fouling do apart from relieving the pressure on the opps when they have the ball?

GGDGNmKXgAAtrDV

The point you keep wilfully missing is that outside of scoring his contribution isn't good enough and we can do better, being our central target man it's still his responsibility to make use of the ball and bring your team mates into play, that's the very least you can do when you're not scoring goals.

Maturing as an adult is realising that you can hold more than one schools of thought at the same time.

Like you can praise him for his hot streak which I have done multiple times in this thread but at the same time you can criticise when he has poor matches, that shouldn't be shocking or any extreme you want to use to the average person.

I don't care about you, I'm not asking you for your opinion and couldn't give a toss what you think. I'm the one who made the opinion about his performance and you took exception to it hence why we are having this stupid debate.

Yes everyone else had a poor game and that's why everyone else have their own threads :thumbup: but we're in the Richarlison thread mate - that's literally what these threads are for, as much as we pour adulation on players when they play well, they are here to critique as well - this is not a fucking echo chamber.

This has nothing to do with mobbing up and picking on certain players either, quit the emotional shit.

For the record I didn't call him rank bad, I called his performance rank bad, there's a clear difference - it seems that you want to have a different argument to me here, if you want to debate whether he's good enough to be in this team then be my guest but my point all along is that I've been making an isolated argument about his performance against Wolves because it's a fact that it wasn't good enough.

The fact that you think I'm singling out Richy when I've said numerous times that not everything is on him tells me you're even trying to comprehend anything I say in my argument or you're just being an argumentative clown, probably the latter.

If you honestly watch that video and think that only a top class striker would have done better in the situations that Richy found himself in then we'll just leave it there - it's pretty clear that someone here accepts absolute mediocrity and has no interest in our club pushing onto the next level and it ain't me.
Can you expand?

Can he seriously not speak English?

He's been here 7 years.
That would annoy me if I was his manager. These guys have a lot of time on their hands and it’s part of their job. To not be able to speak enough English to have an interview is wrong after 7 years! Maybe he is trying and not picking it up🤷‍♂️
He does make me laugh though!

Sorry if he doesn't start the next game ange is a prick. Our 2nd or 3rd best output player getting 10 minutes a game now is fucking outrageous. Put him back in the team we was a better attacking side with him as the striker in the there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom