Right cocky bastards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Aston Villa match...

Star-Trek.gif
When we needed a goal and Redknapp brought on Scott Parker instead of Defoe

I've been fighting so hard with myself to not think about the title, to not get my hopes up.

But I just can't do it anymore, we're gonna win the fucking league, I believe :kaneshh:

it's really hard to shake of the scars of previous years and, instead of enjoying what we're seeing this season, just waiting for the inevitable collapse.

Honestly even when Lloris is lifting the premier league trophy in a Spurs shirt some of us will still be expecting an official to come out of the tunnel, grab the mic, and tell everyone that we've been docked points for some random reason.

Each to their own, but I'll try to do my best to just enjoy the ride and celebrate each victory on it's own merit. If we're still in with a shout with 3 games to go, I have no idea how I will cope emotionally.

it's really hard to shake of the scars of previous years and, instead of enjoying what we're seeing this season, just waiting for the inevitable collapse.

Honestly even when Lloris is lifting the premier league trophy in a Spurs shirt some of us will still be expecting an official to come out of the tunnel, grab the mic, and tell everyone that we've been docked points for some random reason.

Each to their own, but I'll try to do my best to just enjoy the ride and celebrate each victory on it's own merit. If we're still in with a shout with 3 games to go, I have no idea how I will cope emotionally.
giphy.gif

Just move with the groove Jim

got married in October and my wife is really starting to follow spurs this season. she is very enthusiastic and ask a lot of questions and we talk spurs just about every day. the beautiful thing about this is despite her intensely following this season she has yet to learn what "spursy" is. there has been no need to even bring it up. our team attitude has changed, as has mine. feels amazing!! COYS!!

If we're still in with a shout with 3 games to go I'll be doing what I've done all season and just take it one game at a time.

I've been enjoying all our games this season...individually. Even the games we've lost or somehow only drawn, I've enjoyed watching our team take shape and develop, I've enjoyed watching us pressure, harass and cause problems for so many teams, I've enjoyed not concerning myself with the league table or or next fixture but just watching our boys go out and give it everything in each game.

In spite of everything that has been oh so Spursy in the past, I am strangely confident about this season...or at least, not so worried. Poch seems to have the players' feet on the ground and, like me, is taking it all one game at a time. The prize at the end could be a distraction for some, but as long as we keep our focus on the next game and play for 90 minutes with that intensity that has served us so well this season, we'll win the next game...and if we just keep doing that, I might dare to dream.

Ok so I have actually dared to dream already...it was exciting to think of what could be but equally worrying to know the disappointment that is on the flip side. So I'm going back to one game at a time and acknowledging that the footballing Gods will do what they will.

got married in October and my wife is really starting to follow spurs this season. she is very enthusiastic and ask a lot of questions and we talk spurs just about every day. the beautiful thing about this is despite her intensely following this season she has yet to learn what "spursy" is. there has been no need to even bring it up. our team attitude has changed, as has mine. feels amazing!! COYS!!
At some point, you're going to need to have that talk, if only to mentally prepare her beforehand...

Any pics?

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom