Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What we need to is to buy another striker, tp pair up with Soldado, get rid of the 100,000+ quid man who is as definitive as my hot and cold running water and give some of our other team players a rise in pay such as Eriksen and Hugo!

The negative logic is illogical on this thread? We would have never seen the greatness in Bale if we had judged after just two seasons without he, having never seen a victory ?
Should we have got rid?

At their very best Soldado is better than Adebayor, and I don't think anyone would dispute that. However, at the their very worst I think I would still take Soldado over Ade just based on passion. And yes, this passion I speak of absolutely correlates with an elbow to the face or a hand to the throat. Sometimes (not always) I want to see that sort of drive! That's competitiveness boiling over. When Ade isn't playing well it's because he's uninterested. That's not a quality I admire.

Ade seems to be a much more adaptable striker than Soldado. With RS, you either play to his strengths or he's not useful whatsoever. Being a one-trick pony doesn't make you a great player, it makes you a gimmick. Gimmicks will never prosper over time in a league as competitive as the EPL.

The season commences at an announced date and the squad is known and announced Ade was in the squad so he must be judged like everyone else, why give him a dispensation, apart from 100,000+ quid per week.

Oh, whatever. Maybe because he had a manager who was willing to be fired (or "resign") just so he wouldn't have to play him.

All this Bale talk is ridiculous. Not even comparable. Bale was an untested, LEFTBACK, who hadn't had a history of scoring 20+ goals a season and a 26 million pound price tag. Just because he turned out to be a worldie doesn't mean every player we buy who is fucking shit for a few games will be. Guess we should have given Bentley a few more chances then, eh? Or Khumalo? He needs a nice run in the team, maybe he'll convert to an AM and will win player of the year and be snapped up by Madrid for 100 mil?????

It isn't that Soldado has been unlucky. He has literally, plain and simple, played like shit and offered next to nothing in return for the amount paid for him.

It is no doubt that Soldado has been pretty awful for us this season but there is no reason to think that he can't turn it all around next season especially with a new coach. I mean the guy has scored over a hundred goals in a little over 200 appearances in La Liga. Plus it's just not Levy's style to sell a player after just one season for what would be a loss in the region of around 20 million. Will Bobby ever be worth the 26 million we paid for him, probably not. But can he recapture the form that made him so lethal in La Liga--I definitely think so. Hell if he can be half the player that he was in Spain, that would be a quality striker.

The season commences at an announced date and the squad is known and announced Ade was in the squad so he must be judged like everyone else, why give him a dispensation, apart from 100,000+ quid per week.

Judged for goals he did not score in the four months he didnt play.

New heights.

All this Bale talk is ridiculous. Not even comparable. Bale was an untested, LEFTBACK, who hadn't had a history of scoring 20+ goals a season and a 26 million pound price tag. Just because he turned out to be a worldie doesn't mean every player we buy who is fucking shit for a few games will be. Guess we should have given Bentley a few more chances then, eh? Or Khumalo? He needs a nice run in the team, maybe he'll convert to an AM and will win player of the year and be snapped up by Madrid for 100 mil?????

It isn't that Soldado has been unlucky. He has literally, plain and simple, played like shit and offered next to nothing in return for the amount paid for him.

This.

LOL at the "if we sold Bale" stuff.

Soldado is a striker pushing 30....he will not "become" world class with time and patience. He is what he is.

He will either adapt, or he wont, but we are not going to mould some future star here.

So...the one game before Christmas

Played for West Ham & Southampton too before Christmas.

He's made it blatantly clear he had no intention of playing well for AVB and had issues with him, and we know what the guy is like in them situations, so I'm sure his efforts in training we unlikely to be fantastic - note that not one single member of the team has back Adebayor over him not playing in the first team under AVB. What does that tell you?

Its the Soldado thread anyway...

Played for West Ham & Southampton too before Christmas.

He's made it blatantly clear he had no intention of playing well for AVB and had issues with him, and we know what the guy is like in them situations, so I'm sure his efforts in training we unlikely to be fantastic - note that not one single member of the team has back Adebayor over him not playing in the first team under AVB. What does that tell you?

Its the Soldado thread anyway...

He should be judged on the games hes played. That was my point...

Yes its the Soldado thread....good to point that out after you bring up AVB and make your point about Ade.

Paul Stewart came to us (MCity 100 gls in 50 games approx) in 88 as a VG forward. For us = 20 gls in 70 games approx, so as a forward, struggled big time.
Lucky we persisted, he came good as a CM player (manager input). Played for England in that position and we won the FA Cup with him playing there. He was brilliant in this postion.
I'm not suggesting putting RS in CM but I am suggesting finding and playing to RS's strengths as with all players in the squad. As a professional player (or at level) your game changes as you mature. What we mustn't do is write off a player that has clearly shown to have ability and can score goals. His attitude is right and if he can turn it around all well and good. I believe he can.
We need to lose the price tag on him as this would have been overinflated because we lots of cash from the sale of Bale

At their very best Soldado is better than Adebayor, and I don't think anyone would dispute that. However, at the their very worst I think I would still take Soldado over Ade just based on passion. And yes, this passion I speak of absolutely correlates with an elbow to the face or a hand to the throat. Sometimes (not always) I want to see that sort of drive! That's competitiveness boiling over. When Ade isn't playing well it's because he's uninterested. That's not a quality I admire.

Nah. Ade does WAY more for the team than Soldado does. He is a focal point, he holds up the ball, chips in with assists and is forming understandings with Eriksen. Unintersted? He's chased down more lost causes and closed down goalkeepers more than Soldado ever did.

Soldado is a ghost for most of the game even when he scored.

Back
Top Bottom