Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Work has been really slow this morning, so for some bizarre reason I decided to go back through this thread and read some of the willy waving that was going on the day we signed this guy, then I came across this:
Very nice. Now he'll have a goal drought and score less goals than Ade will...

Basically ArtyB ArtyB - It's all your bloody fault; don't even think about posting anything on our new signings during the summer.

:vdvcry:

Last edited:
Hearing rumours that Soldado may not have cost as much as the initial fee as he didn't meet certain performance criteria this season. Anybody know anything about that?

Soldado just looked out of his depth to be honest, couldn't take the ball in compressed play (basically got bullied every game), never seemed confident enough to get in good goalscoring positions and wasn't very quick either. That being said he had a nice touch and I can understand how in a different league he might be good.

Just felt Kane and Ade look so much more suited to us, if we can get as much cash as possible off AM I think we should take it.

About 13 million out front with the rest as add ons performance based.!

This was reported but no way of confirming.
Personally I believe it to be about right, based upon the way Levy deals. EVERYTHING is on the never-never with performanced based clauses isnt it?
I find it much more believable he agreed £13m up front, £5m if we get CL, £2m if he gets 20 goals... Than he agreed to a straight £26m deal.

Soldado just looked out of his depth to be honest, couldn't take the ball in compressed play (basically got bullied every game), never seemed confident enough to get in good goalscoring positions and wasn't very quick either. That being said he had a nice touch and I can understand how in a different league he might be good.

Just felt Kane and Ade look so much more suited to us, if we can get as much cash as possible off AM I think we should take it.

from what i remember, he got into plenty of goal scoring positions similar to ones where he was so clinical for valencia from. only difference is he failed to hit the target every time, apart from the two times against cardiff and villa

This was reported but no way of confirming.
Personally I believe it to be about right, based upon the way Levy deals. EVERYTHING is on the never-never with performanced based clauses isnt it?
I find it much more believable he agreed £13m up front, £5m if we get CL, £2m if he gets 20 goals... Than he agreed to a straight £26m deal.
Levy has to be the original re-incarnated Scrooge! Good business though! Gives him some coverage

Anyone else click on the Soldado thread hoping the deal was done?

I would be surprised if we get Remy. His clause is only 6-8 million apparently. Pretty sure he wants CL and silly wages at this point of his career in his late 20's. He'll get so many offers.

Back
Top Bottom