Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would be surprised if we get Remy. His clause is only 6-8 million apparently. Pretty sure he wants CL and silly wages at this point of his career in his late 20's. He'll get so many offers.
Fair point, but I think a lot will depend upon the player himself. I believe he said he wanted a CL club, which on the face of it would rule us out. Also, he has a low release clause, so Im not sure it would be the sort of deal that would take much negotiation. More - meet the price - try and sway the player
Why did he leave Champions League regulars Marseille for bottom of the league QPR then?

Money.

The bloke doesn't give a fuck about Champions League football. He wants the biggest pay day possible. He'd play in the Iranian Premier League if he was offered £10m+ a year.

He isn't consistent enough for me. We need someone up top grabbing 15+ goals a season to really push for top 4. If we're not going to sign a top class striker, I'd be happy to stick with Bobby, Ade and Kane.

Worry with Remy is he reminds me too much of Bent i.e. Good when you're sitting deep and playing on te counter. Bad when you dominate possession or territory for the bulk of the game.

I'm a fan of bobby - wouldn't object to us making a profit but I would bet money on him having a better 14/15 than Ade despite the evidence in 2014 thus far.

Worry with Remy is he reminds me too much of Bent i.e. Good when you're sitting deep and playing on te counter. Bad when you dominate possession or territory for the bulk of the game.

I'm a fan of bobby - wouldn't object to us making a profit but I would bet money on him having a better 14/15 than Ade despite the evidence in 2014 thus far.

It's a shame because I thought Soldado was going to be that intelligent striker we needed that can tackle our problem (we are a possesion team and teams park the bus).

His play with back to goal was utterly terrible. Crabbing back and forth and broadcasting every move he made before he did it.

It's a shame because I thought Soldado was going to be that intelligent striker we needed that can tackle our problem (we are a possesion team and teams park the bus).

His play with back to goal was utterly terrible. Crabbing back and forth and broadcasting every move he made before he did it.
Wacth the early games last season and you'll see that it is on the contrary. It's the build up play that let him down.

sigh

bobby isn't made for the premier league
tumblr_lwmg4kJRMx1r8xcgho1_500.gif

oh, and your proof that he is? Right.. it's non-existent, and doesn't stack up against the actual fact that he was hugely disappointing every time he was on the pitch against a squad that wasn't dead last in the Russian league.

besides his obvious EPL deficiencies, he doesn't seem like he'd fit in Poch's system anyway-- he's not particularly effective at pressing, and I can't see him being pushed out to the wing a la Rodriguez.

oh, and your proof that he is? Right.. it's non-existent, and doesn't stack up against the actual fact that he was hugely disappointing every time he was on the pitch against a squad that wasn't dead last in the Russian league.

besides his obvious EPL deficiencies, he doesn't seem like he'd fit in Poch's system anyway-- he's not particularly effective at pressing, and I can't see him being pushed out to the wing a la Rodriguez.
I agree to not fitting to the system being used, but to boldly claim that a player of his calibre in't made for the PL is far-fetched.

Are you really going to judge a player of his quality being used in a system that isn't how he plays?

How else am I supposed to judge him? As a Spurs player, he's been an absolute dud. He failed to score and he looked terrible doing it. System aside, he blew numerous chances over the course of the season. That isn't down to system, that's down to mental fragility. He was eaten alive time and again on the pitch.

How many teams (that could afford his services) in the premier league even utilize a system that would suit him?

How else am I supposed to judge him? As a Spurs player, he's been an absolute dud. He failed to score and he looked terrible doing it. System aside, he blew numerous chances over the course of the season. That isn't down to system, that's down to mental fragility. He was eaten alive time and again on the pitch.

How many teams (that could afford his services) in the premier league even utilize a system that would suit him?
s_18644_281_2013_10_18_1.jpg

Like for like.

I agree to not fitting to the system being used, but to boldly claim that a player of his calibre in't made for the PL is far-fetched.

I will give you that though. Soldado's supply chain was utterly terrible.

I mention usual players but my faves like Walker, Lamela, Dembele and Paulinho did him no favors either.

He can't possibly do worse next season.

s_18644_281_2013_10_18_1.jpg

Like for like.

I don't think that's a fair comparison-- Negredo was doing well before he accrued a couple of injuries. A hampered Negredo scored 23 total goals this season (9 in the league) versus a perfectly healthy Soldado scoring 11 (6 league). Negredo scored a hat trick against arguably the best team in Russia, while Soldado did it against the worst team. Hardly like for like stuff.

ArcspacE ArcspacE You going to actually ever say anything to me, or just run around and disagree with every comment I post? Been going on for a couple months now-- I'm just wondering why a big, tough forum baddie like yourself can't seem to muster up the courage to reply to me instead of being a passive aggressive pansy. Seems like these days you've got less balls than Soldado in front of an open goal.

Back
Top Bottom