Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh.

How about Paulinho though...could he possibly play?

(I shouldn't be too concerned, even though it's stated as a Spurs XI, last time we played the Dons there were a fair few first team players there)

Monaco maybe, most probably Espanyol as well though

I was responding to the claim that Luke Shaw is still very much available two weeks after signing a 5yr deal..which is why I think that 5yr deal is a sham.

I have no idea what he said. His post's dont appear in my world so not sure why he answer's mine.
The claim that Luke Shaw is still avaliable is more to do with the kids talent and the current stature of his club Southampton.

Whilst the saints are now a financially stable club they are not a big powerhouse that can truly turn down a mega offer for one of their talents, just like we couldn't turn down Man Utd when they wanted Carrick, and that's why he's still avaliable. His club are likely to listen to offers and if they get one that meets their valuation then they'll sell as they could do with the money to run the club/fund more transfers.

Former club official Antonio Sese, who retains strong links to the Mestalla outfit, reveals that Spurs have agreed to pay the striker's buyout clause, with a deal imminent

Tottenham's €30 million (£25.9m) purchase of Roberto Soldado is set to be imminently confirmed, says a former Valencia director.

"They tell me that shortly Roberto Soldado will be officially transferred," Sese wrote on Twitter.

"They're paying the [buyout] clause. Great management decision."-GOAL.COM

Oh sweet lord yes :avbdamn:

I was responding to the claim that Luke Shaw is still very much available two weeks after signing a 5yr deal..which is why I think that 5yr deal is a sham.
Any player is available at any time for the right price. Signing a contract doesn't take the player out of some kind of pool of gettable players. It only increases his transfer price.

As does, say, playing super well. Or being homegrown. I'm not sure why you expect it to be otherwise. If I just got a pay rise at work, am I somehow not allowed to be prised away by another company? Like, some kind of one-year period in which I'm only allowed to wear black must elapse before I can listen to offers from other companies? Sure, I might feel bad that the company I've worked for put their faith in me and I turn my back the first chance I get. But surely I'd have to do that, say, for a better job, no?

Former club official Antonio Sese, who retains strong links to the Mestalla outfit, reveals that Spurs have agreed to pay the striker's buyout clause, with a deal imminent

Tottenham's €30 million (£25.9m) purchase of Roberto Soldado is set to be imminently confirmed, says a former Valencia director.

"They tell me that shortly Roberto Soldado will be officially transferred," Sese wrote on Twitter.

"They're paying the [buyout] clause. Great management decision."-GOAL.COM

Oh sweet lord yes :avbdamn:

If, by the end of the day we have confirmed Soldado, I don't really see any great need for additional signings. Left back being an area we can improve but it isn't imperative.

How much of a benefit is it to us to pay in instalments?
If this $50 mill interest free loan from the owner is true then payment in instalments would be good as more money available for future signings plus earns extra cash (interest) I reckon Levy would make the most of maximising the benefits of this.

Any player is available at any time for the right price. Signing a contract doesn't take the player out of some kind of pool of gettable players. It only increases his transfer price.

Making signing a contract to play at a club for 5yrs pointless. Which is what Ive said from the start.

Call it what it is instead, which is a revaluation of the player and a price hike of 10-50M. Its not a contract "extension".

Back
Top Bottom