Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you think scoring 40 goals in five years for Getafe and Osasuna is top notch, then good luck

Just to clarify that statistic, he scored 40 La Liga goals in 90 games between the ages of 21-24 for those two clubs. Aguero scored 49 La Liga goals in 100 games between the same age (21-24) at Atletico.

Trying to smear the previous record of a player doesn't make you look clever, its a sign of desperation - to what end, I don't know.

Soldado is one of the best forwards we have had at the club. All he needs to add to his game is goals?

...and while we are at it...Please stop using the term striker? its center forward.

Just to clarify that statistic, he scored 40 La Liga goals in 90 games between the ages of 21-24 for those two clubs. Aguero scored 49 La Liga goals in 100 games between the same age (21-24) at Atletico.

Trying to smear the previous record of a player doesn't make you look clever, its a sign of desperation - to what end, I don't know.

Aguero went on to be a monster in the PL.

Neeeext

Is it as desperate as claiming that only a PL striker can tell a sitter?

It ain't working - loan him out to Italy. Get him some goals then sell in summer 2015, time for everyone to move on.
It will hurt Levy to cop a loss, but... He ain't giving us reasons to retain.

Aguero went on to be a monster in the PL.

Neeeext

Is it as desperate as claiming that only a PL striker can tell a sitter?

:freund:

Ah okay, so if someone doesn't have form in the present, it means we must try and make their past sound shit.

Slag a player off to the hills and yet claim you want them to do well...:lennon:

:freund:

Ah okay, so if someone doesn't have form in the present, it means we must try and make their past sound shit.

Slag a player off to the hills and yet claim you want them to do well...:lennon:

Depends if you class "the present" as the last 18 months or not I suppose.

I slag him off when he´s woeful, and I praise him when he plays well.

What more do you want? Made up stories about about how his misses are all ok because I saw the angles wrong on my stream? Naah mate, tell it how is is the way for me.

By contrast, you have slagged off Ade......and by your own reasoning, how can you want him to do well then? So...in essence, you want him to fail?

Didnt you accuse others of doing that with Soldado earlier.

Oh dont tell me "Sammy missing the point and talking in extremes...."

Again.

What more do you want? Made up stories about about how his misses are all ok because I saw the angles wrong on my stream? Naah mate, tell it how is is the way for me.

By contrast, you have slagged off Ade......and by your own reasoning, how can you want him to do well then? So...in essence, you want him to fail?

Again.

Except you're not talking about his last game performance, you're banging on about what he did when he was 21. He was a successful goalscorer before he game to us and now he's not doing too well. We know, no one cares about you repeating it over and over and over - just stop pretending that he wasn't successful before by misquoting facts.

Soldado has had one good season in a career, LOL

I mean wtf is the point in posting bollocks like that?

Also, with Adebayor there's always an off-field circus that he gets criticised for that we want to stop but it never does. Totally different and opposing arguments

Again.
Certain people do revel in this sort of stuff tho Sammy. Whether it's Ade or Bobby, Lamela or Lennon. It's as though they do want players to fail so they can either gloat or win the Internet. Others want ALL our players to do well & try to back them through thick & thin. I've backed Ade too after his bout of malaria. Centre forwards polarise opinions more than most other positions because their misses & goal droughts are glaring & game changing. I don't think anyone on this thread has said that Bobby has been what we expected or hoped for in a £26 million player. But his effort is high, his link up play is of good quality & I still think he will score important goals if given a regular run. Whether they are penalties or off his arse, I don't care. He seems popular with the rest of the team & they know him better than we ever will.

Except you're not talking about his last game performance, you're banging on about what he did when he was 21. He was a successful goalscorer before he game to us and now he's not doing too well. We know, no one cares about you repeating it over and over and over - just stop pretending that he wasn't successful before by misquoting facts.

I mean wtf is the point in posting bollocks like that?

Also, with Adebayor there's always an off-field circus that he gets criticised for that we want to stop but it never does. Totally different and opposing arguments

I dont give a shit what he did before Spurs to be honest.

Ok, how about this: I was wrong to belittle his earlier career, he was a prolific striker in Spain.

But I care about Spurs, and in front of goal, he has been fucking abysmal for too long, and my patience has worn extremely thin.

I backed Ade, because he scored goals. He hasnt now, and I think Soldado deserved to start ahead of him because his all round game had stepped up.

But its still not good enough. Neither has Ade been.

I wouldnt give a flying fuck if neither played another game for us.

Neither appear to have the skill or commitment levels I want to see, and Id happily replace them in January.

Certain people do revel in this sort of stuff tho Sammy. Whether it's Ade or Bobby, Lamela or Lennon. It's as though they do want players to fail so they can either gloat or win the Internet. Others want ALL our players to do well & try to back them through thick & thin. I've backed Ade too after his bout of malaria. Centre forwards polarise opinions more than most other positions because their misses & goal droughts are glaring & game changing. I don't think anyone on this thread has said that Bobby has been what we expected or hoped for in a £26 million player. But his effort is high, his link up play is of good quality & I still think he will score important goals if given a regular run. Whether they are penalties or off his arse, I don't care. He seems popular with the rest of the team & they know him better than we ever will.

See above mate..

Ive just seen this threads troll crtiticizing Capoue in another thread, he said he was shit. What a disgrace. He clearly doesn't want Capoue to succeed. He must be a gooner

Hilarious that the very same day he told me I cant judge Soldado from a stream because its different angles in the ground, he judged Dembele as poor while watching on tv.

Ive just seen this threads troll crtiticizing Capoue in another thread, he said he was shit. What a disgrace. He clearly doesn't want Capoue to succeed. He must be a gooner
Hilarious that the very same day he told me I cant judge Soldado from a stream because its different angles in the ground, he judged Dembele as poor while watching on tv.

If you're talking about me, I don't know where you've got that from as I don't recall saying much about Capoue at all - if anything, positive encouragement last season.

Sammy - why the immaturity? do you have that much of an ego that you go on a crusade against anyone who care question your opinion?

you go on a crusade against anyone who care question your opinion?

No. Just you it would appear...do you see me bickering like a twat with anyone else?

No CJJ. Its just you.

You, in contrast, seem to be having these week long arguments with about 5 different people....telling.

Last edited:
Sorry for you as they both sport fantastic Moustaches too!

mendietastache-1.jpg
What about down below or is that just Mad Yids territory?

Whilst I agree with most of what you're saying, I disagree that he seems lazy. You always see him right back defending when you need a player there and although he'd make a shit defender, he gets back into position. If he wasn't making runs, he wouldn't have scored against Everton.

At the tail end of the Sherwood saga, you'd often see him almost trying not to get into goalscoring positions and it got irritating - like he didn't want to be given the opportunity to miss. The positive I see now is that he's had the confidence to go at it all again. Will it work out? Don't know.
He does have spells where he commits to pressing and tracks back well, but it's no where near consistent and 100% not "always".
The run against Everton was a much-needed run, but from his position it was a no-brainer compulsory run, every striker in nearly every league would be expected to run forward during a counter attack especially when the ball was won in that position.
Kane is someone who puts in the effort defensively always. He busts a gut and you can see it.

This discussion seems to have been going on for ever. I think we have shown incredible patience, and a lot of people seemed to think that after he scored his goal against Everton, that it would open the floodgates. I'm not so sure, he missed some sitters against Palace and in Turkey. For him to be deemed successful he really needs to get his skates on, he needs a ratio of two goals in every three or four games, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom