Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This discussion seems to have been going on for ever. I think we have shown incredible patience, and a lot of people seemed to think that after he scored his goal against Everton, that it would open the floodgates. I'm not so sure, he missed some sitters against Palace and in Turkey. For him to be deemed successful he really needs to get his skates on, he needs a ratio of two goals in every three or four games, IMO.

I could handle one goal every 3 or 4 games if he was averaging one or two chances a game.

But missing 3-5 chances a game, and scoring one in every 15 games or so is not on.

As for this quality link up play, the assists are not there either. 1 in 9 games, so thats wearing thin too.

I could handle one goal every 3 or 4 games if he was averaging one or two chances a game.

But missing 3-5 chances a game, and scoring one in every 15 games or so is not on.

As for this quality link up play, the assists are not there either. 1 in 9 games, so thats wearing thin too.
Not easy to say that but enough is enough

He will score can everyone chill out.
He might get a couple before the season ends.
Lets dream (I have a dream that he will come on with 5 minutes left in the league cup and score the winner)

Has he deleted his account? We can live in hope. But anyway, this is what the loyal "I go to every game so you're a gooner troll had to say".

'we'll get over the bad signings and hopefully we'll sweep up what's left of archway and have a new stadium before you can say "What was that crap french midfielder called again?"...

'Holtby I would have over Dembele/Capoue any day.'

Maybe his hypocrisy caused his keyboard to explode

You will find quite a few people on here actually appreciate his input. Not surprised a troll like you doesn't.

I don't know about that to be fair. I haven't been able to read too many of the comments today. I just know I agreed with him on many topics in the past.
So did I, but if you post as much as he did you're going to get people disagreeing with the odd post. He painted himself into a corner with the TV/live thing - an argument he couldn't possibly win by the way - and let Sammy get to him.

He reminds me of a lawyer for a big corporation. He knows he is wrong but he just tries to drown you in response after response hoping that eventually you'll just give-up. I tried to not respond to him for a long time, but there is only so much you can take.
It's not a weakness to admit when you're wrong. I think it's an admirable trait - I don't want to knock a guy that can't defend himself, so I'll leave it at that.

So did I, but if you post as much as he did you're going to get people disagreeing with the odd post. He painted himself into a corner with the TV/live thing - an argument he couldn't possibly win by the way - and let Sammy get to him.

I don't know. It did sort of make sense to me. I don't know his exact words but I just remember being at the Everton match and being there felt and looked a lot different than watching it on match of the day later. It's hard to describe.

I don't know. It did sort of make sense to me. I don't know his exact words but I just remember being at the Everton match and being there felt and looked a lot different than watching it on match of the day later. It's hard to describe.
I go, and I watch on TV. It's entirely different, I agree, but that wasn't his point - he said you couldn't judge on TV which isn't true. If you can judge a bad tackle on TV, you can judge a 'sitter'.

Like Joe said, he told me I couldn't judge a sitter properly because I was watching a stream. Essentially he fucked himself by trying to slate me for being American, which wasn't exactly the best way to go about arguing sitters. Sometimes we may call it 'soccer,' but we sure as hell know what a sitter looks like:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/07/01/ch...k-chance-at-the-end-of-regulation-vs-belgium/

...but in all seriousness, it was a ridiculous thing to say.

Yea what happened to cahspur? I know he left ages ago but I have no idea why. And did cjj really leave again?

Cahspur's obsession with proving Gibbs wrong drove him off, basically. Gibbs was too troll for him to handle, and his insistence on flooding threads with personal shit vs. Gibbs started to irk other people. Hear he's on some other forums now, more power to him for letting go and getting out before it went too too far.

Two out of three ain't bad :dawsonlol:

But all three in one thread, together?

:adewtf:

I've gotten into it with all of 'em numerous times, though, so I'm not sweating their absences to be perfectly honest... Cjj only binned though? He's really not so bad, just stubborn and pretends that he's not being personal when really he is.

*edit: nevermind, guess he's gone.

As joe said sometimes admitting your wrong is admirable. I felt lennon was finished given his performances last season and early this year but for me he has got himself back in the game, so my opinion on him has changed because he has fought back.

We are always going to have different views, Avb/redknapp is almost a religion in the way it gets debated. You might ask a question or make an opinion then someone comes back unnecessarily aggressive and rather than a conversation it becomes a battle of wills. Apparently the guy who makes the most posts wins so you feel as if you have to have the last word, stupid really but some days it feel like half the posts follow this pattern.

Back to soldado, he is a player who cost a lot of money, is a nice guy who works hard but my view he misses far to many chances and doesn't create enough either. People want him to succeed, some feel given his spanish track record it will happen but others have run out of patience. I have nothing against him staying but we need a goal scorer it's killing the team.

Back
Top Bottom