Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair if Soldado would have gotten the chances bony did today and would have missed most of them like bony did in the end, everyone would have been on his case and slated him yet bony is supposed to be some kind of god for taking 1 out of god knows how many chances his team mates created for him. That's hardly fair is it.

We seem to be forgetting that BONY FUCKING SCORED

There are very few things you can take for granted in life, but one of the absolute certanties is when Robbie Soldado doesn't score in.a game of football, this thread will be littered with drivel.

To be fair if Soldado would have gotten the chances bony did today and would have missed most of them like bony did in the end, everyone would have been on his case and slated him yet bony is supposed to be some kind of god for taking 1 out of god knows how many chances his team mates created for him. That's hardly fair is it.

What? Comparing Soldado to the top premier league striker in the calender year of 2014??? He has like 20 goals in 2014, 8 this season. Has Soldado even got 5? :wall:

Spot on.

So....scoring one, by luck too, and missing 3 or 4 one on ones is better than what we have?

Bony had a shit game yesterday. Several different commentators/pundits said he looked poor compared to usual and was having an off day.

But guess what? He still scored and he has the ability to create his own chances.

8 goals in the league this season. Soldado has 1. Yes, I'd imagine that's a fair bit better than what we have at the moment....

Bony had a shit game yesterday. Several different commentators/pundits said he looked poor compared to usual and was having an off day.

But guess what? He still scored and he has the ability to create his own chances.

8 goals in the league this season. Soldado has 1. Yes, I'd imagine that's a fair bit better than what we have at the moment....

I agree.

Highly rate him...should get him in

For someone who was advertised as having a mean streak he just seems like a thoroughly nice grounded guy trying his best as his job but not quite succeeding.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-performances-9934962.html?icn=ticker-sport-2

Which leads to the question would you rather have a successful team of vicious pricks or a mediocre team of well meaning salt-of-the-earth types?

Vicious pricks every time, I'd be able to actually see the team reflect my personality then :pochsmirk:

Bony is a fucking monster. He suits the English league just like Soldado did la liga. The main difference between Bony and Soldado is brute strength and confidence.

Didnt see any of last nights game, sounds like it was typical bobby though...

The Everton game was just one more false dawn.....where there was still steadfast backing and unwavering support for him less than 6 weeks ago in some quarters, now you can only hear pins dropping, left right and centre.

Yes, his hold up play improved, but I think finally, after 18 months even his biggest fans can now see he needs to go because Kane, Eriksen, Mason and Chadli have blown the "supply" excuse clean out of the water, never to be heard again.

:kaneear:

Last edited:
Windy said on the pod the other day that we should forgive a scoring slump if his all around link up play and work-rate was decent.

Oh wait, i think that only applied to Harry Kane.....

Windy said on the pod the other day that we should forgive a scoring slump if his all around link up play and work-rate was decent.

Bobby is generally anonymous in most games, he seems to get bullied by most defences he faces but his touch is ok that's it. Kane's all round play is far, far superior to Bobbies when he's not scoring he's making tackles, key passes, no comparison really.

Difference is that Kane has a heart in the club, which is why you see him slide tackling defenders, running for every ball if there is the slightest chance he can win it, constantly having a go, as well as holding it up and setting up chances.

Amazing that you it surprises you that Kane gets more leeway during the games he doesnt score...and that you would call not scoring against Burnley a scoring slump.

Difference is that Kane has a heart in the club, which is why you see him slide tackling defenders, running for every ball if there is the slightest chance he can win it, constantly having a go, as well as holding it up and setting up chances.

Amazing that you it surprises you that Kane gets more leeway during the games he doesnt score...and that you would call not scoring against Burnley a scoring slump.

I think with Bobby much as he seems a decent guy he's not had a single run of games where he has performed well, he plays well/scores in about 1 in 6 games and for the rest is mediocre at best. I have no confidence that Ade or Bobby at this point can cover Kane for a good run of games, they might get a goal every so often but that will be it. Right now Andy Carroll looks World Class next to them.

Back
Top Bottom