Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Overall, I like Soldado and am glad that he was always given support and time to prove himself, but I have never understood that sheer amount of emotional responses he's gotten out of some fans. When he scored against Everton and some Spurs fans stated that they were getting a little close to shedding tears of joy for him, I began wondering what the hell is wrong with these people.

I'm sure he's a very nicer person and I have nothing personal against him, his stint here has been horribly underwhelming. Likability is great, but it doesn't help you win games.

Such a shame but sometimes things don't work out. As a striker his job is to score. He's not done so enough to justify inclusion and after 18 months, for his sake and ours, it's probably time to find a way out.

The worry is we have 1 Striker at the club and that's not acceptable for a bottom 6 club and it's madness for a top 6 club.

If nobody is willing to invest to get him, I'd be willing to keep Bobby as a third option striker. As long as Ade will be sold to wear out benches and wallets somewhere else.
It's okay that fans invest emotionally into the players if the fans expect the players to invest emotionally into the fans. Bobby seems to care and is a humble guy. Compare that to ade...

Every goal that Bobby scores is worth a lot to me.

If nobody is willing to invest to get him, I'd be willing to keep Bobby as a third option striker. As long as Ade will be sold to wear out benches and wallets somewhere else.
It's okay that fans invest emotionally into the players if the fans expect the players to invest emotionally into the fans. Bobby seems to care and is a humble guy. Compare that to ade...

Every goal that Bobby scores is worth a lot to me.

Pretty sure he is on high wages. We are not Man City and can't afford a high wage player to be a mascot.

Just find a way to loan him out or sell him for whatever we can get. His value will continue to go down if we keep playing him and he doesn't score.

Soldado doesn't score enough goals - yes thats a problem. I like him alot and feel he played his part in our change of form. I still feel he has a part to play in our ever improving, rollercoaster of a season and would like to see him stay until the end and be part of it.

Last edited:
Why? Adebayor has scored more league goals from open play in a month under Sherwood than Soldado has managed in his entire Tottenham career.
Because Soldado, if reports and rumours are to be believed, is worth more to the dressing room.

If you read through the thread, I've come to terms with Bobby being a flop. He hasn't done what we'd hoped.

In conclusion, in footballing terms, I wouldn't keep either of them. I just like Bobby better, and you can tell that everyone at WHL does too.

And JuJu.

Back
Top Bottom