Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with everything positive said about him.
Soldado is a quality player, He is a team player and is passionate to play. For me, he is doing everything right, except scoring goals. We are not the best of teams at the moment but as we improve, so should he. He often wants to make runs behind his marker but other players don't see it. He has come so close recently its only a matter of time. I really want him to come good now especially, at the business end of the season. Lets start with Palace.

Soldado just cant catch a break you can see his disbelief when he misses the target. Don't think he was used to that for a while. I would give him another season and stick with him as first choice and sometimes with Ade when playing 2 up.

personally i thought he was really poor today, he and Ade were so static first half just standing with back to goal not offering anything to a depleted midfield.
Defoe started running across the line of the defence as soon as he came on and that actually led to his goal too.

I think Soldado has been the flop I feared he might be and am just not seeing anything about him or his general play that makes me think he will turn the corner, i just don't think he is that suited to Premier League football.

Really hoping i am going to be proved massively wrong, i just can't see him completely changing his game at this stage of his career,

As much as I want him to be good and think he is a top class striker, I just can't see him turning this around. He constantly looks frustrated, unhappy and despite his (good build up play) never performs. As I say I really hope he can start playing well and scoring but I just can't see it happening, reminds me a bit of Pavlyuchenko...

personally i thought he was really poor today, he and Ade were so static first half just standing with back to goal not offering anything to a depleted midfield.
Defoe started running across the line of the defence as soon as he came on and that actually led to his goal too.

I think Soldado has been the flop I feared he might be and am just not seeing anything about him or his general play that makes me think he will turn the corner, i just don't think he is that suited to Premier League football.

Really hoping i am going to be proved massively wrong, i just can't see him completely changing his game at this stage of his career,

He actually wasn't that bad today, although he didn't create himself too many chances, his link up play was really nice, he made some lovely lay offs and kept the ball really well. He hasn't fired on all cylinders admittedly but he has shown signs that he can become a top rate Premier League striker. He may just need a bit more time but there is no point shattering his confidence by dropping him or hooking him every game.

Back
Top Bottom