Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luis Suarez scored 4 goals in his first season with Liverpool after Joining in January.
In his 2nd season he score 11 in the League.. I bet Liverpool had wished they got shot of him..

Not saying he should be sold, but he doesnt seem to suit the team in his current style.....and the main problem is the lack of enthusiasm not talent.

At least Suarez was dropping deep and cutting in from the wings in his first season, and had energy about him..

Not saying he should be sold, but he doesnt seem to suit the team in his current style.....and the main problem is the lack of enthusiasm not talent.

At least Suarez was dropping deep and cutting in from the wings in his first season, and had energy about him..

Not at the moment but he has enough about him to see he will come good with a bit of time.
As a club we should know most about giving a player time, as Bale proved.

Yet we paid 26M for a striker not a playmaker. He is regarded as a poacher, yet he's never on the end of anything....he barely even ever has a shot.....if he's not scoring, he's not exactly grafting for the team, so right now, he's offering nothing. The chances he does get, he squanders by and large.

He could'nt play as the lone striker, and now he cant play with a partner.

Needs to shape up and fast imo...instead of kicking the post, and booting the ball at the hoardings every game in frustration.

Well I think from watching him it's blatantly obvious he's not just a poacher but he is a classy player who has very good passing ability and great ball control. I couldn't be arsed getting into it as if you think he offers nothing you're a stupid cunt. In 18 EPL matches he's played a direct part in 9 goals either scoring or assisting and overall has shown some lovely intelligent touches on the ball. All the shite that goes on behind the scenes and our piss poor following at WHL obviously doesn't help new players settle.

Well I think from watching him it's blatantly obvious he's not just a poacher but he is a classy player who has very good passing ability and great ball control. I couldn't be arsed getting into it as if you think he offers nothing you're a stupid cunt. In 18 EPL matches he's played a direct part in 9 goals either scoring or assisting and overall has shown some lovely intelligent touches on the ball. All the shite that goes on behind the scenes and our piss poor following at WHL obviously doesn't help new players settle.

If you think he's offering something as a striker, or anything else, that Defoe or Kane cant, then you are the stupid cunt

soldado is not suarez but. if you think soldado will get to his level your deluded. i honestly think soldado will be back in spain next year for a cut price.

soldado is not suarez but. if you think soldado will get to his level your deluded. i honestly think soldado will be back in spain next year for a cut price.

Who said anything about getting to the same level as Suarez??? My point is, look what happens to a player when he is not judged on his first season and is given time to settle in.
Unless he is given time no one will know how good Soldado could be.. Liverpool fans were slagging Suarez off big time during his first season.
Many very good players have taken time to settle in the Premier League.

I agree, just think it's all the sulking around that's got most of us a little worried. After the way Spurs came out in the second half, though, I have no doubt that Timmy has the ability to light a fire under his ass. None at all. We may not have the most motivational captain in Daws, but at least Tim can get the troops behind him.

And for anyone thinks that Kane or Defoe can pull off a one touch back heel + turn around the defender like Soldado did against Vermaelen then you're out of it. Soldado clearly has class. Once his attitude gets right, he'll be knockin them in for us regularly.

Come on guys, I wasn't expecting Soldado to be Suarez either but he has been a flop so far. However, the thing with flops is you don't know it until his time with the club is over. Soldado is still here, so we won't be able to call him a flop unless he leaves with the same issues he has now. For all the link up play he offers though, he has missed so many chances that someone of his quality should be making. The "not enough service excuse," doesn't hold water anymore in my op[inion

Come on guys, I wasn't expecting Soldado to be Suarez either but he has been a flop so far. However, the thing with flops is you don't know it until his time with the club is over. Soldado is still here, so we won't be able to call him a flop unless he leaves with the same issues he has now. For all the link up play he offers though, he has missed so many chances that someone of his quality should be making. The "not enough service excuse," doesn't hold water anymore in my op[inion

you can't call a player a flop after half a season were the club have pulled a complete 180 in just about everything and been run comically bad from a footballing perspective

especially when said player has 10 goals and 4 assists to date with plenty of football left to play

you can't call a player a flop after half a season were the club have pulled a complete 180 in just about everything and been run comically bad from a footballing perspective

especially when said player has 10 goals and 4 assists to date with plenty of football left to play
Did you read my post at all? I addressed this idea, you can't call a player a flop until he leaves because there is still time for him to come good. But he has been performing below expectations the entire season and recently he has been getting service and still not capitalizing.

Did you read my post at all? I addressed this idea, you can't call a player a flop until he leaves because there is still time for him to come good. But he has been performing below expectations the entire season and recently he has been getting service and still not capitalizing.

yeah I read your post were you said he'd been a flop so far.....

I also don't think we've been great at creating much lately either just very open but still rather disjointed

All the previous points are valid, but I am a bit unsure about his body language when being subbed! I appreciate, most players do not like being pulled off! Stop it! Subbed! But Bobbie looks really deflated!

I

:paulinhofacepalm:no matter how many he gets we will not get 28 million back for a 28 coming 29 year old and this season is half over you can see a move back to spain end of season or deadline day next august

Sometimes it best just to cut your losses n look elsewhere.

Soldado is a quality player. No doubt. Just look at la liga performance last year.

But he just seems like a bad fit for the physical prem when you need to be strong and have an aerial presence.

Then look at his shooting efforts which have turned comical. Tough to even defend

And now it seems like his movement isn't the same and he looks a bit disinterested out there. Which was clearly the reason TS took him out in the 55th minute vs Palace.

By all means , I would love for him to make me look silly with my commentary above and stick it to me good. I just don't see it from any angle at this point.

A tough beat for sure.

Back
Top Bottom