Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m absolutely fuming about this!

At what point does that fucker Cash and his deliberate hack downs come under the microscope for what is purposely taking out a player with an extremely reckless tackle?!

I hate to say it but Nice guys tend to win Fuck all, I love what Ange has done for us in his limited time but my only gripe would be he needs to as Jose once said make us "intelligent cunts"
Take City for Example - Haaland is just back from an Injury, if we give him a nice tackle and leave a little bit extra on him then does that throw him off his game?
Back in the day, that was a legitimate tactic. Put a reducer on the dangerman so he's looking for you more than the ball.

The game has supposed to have moved on from that, with the laws of the game put in place to stop it. Trouble is, they're being used to benefit some and hinder others. Us being in the latter group since the Liverpool game.

We don't roll over anymore, so the PL has to attend to that.

I admire Ange for not slagging off the officials in public, but what should be happening is for him or the technical director, or whatever he's called, to be providing evidence to Howard Webb privately (and there's plenty of it) that we are certainly not being treated fairly.
Absolutely.

Then get it "leaked" to the media or, even better, onto social media.

When the body of evidence is made public, it's very difficult to sweep it under the carpet, especially if enough people are asking why?

honestly didn't think it was a red tbh. Cunt of a player that has previous but the foul IMHO was not a red card offence.
It's a difficult one to argue against a red, given the law as written:

"LAW 12 - SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

It clearly was excessive force/brutality, not only that but he actually caused harm to the player so clearly he endangered the safety of him. There was no attempt to play the ball therefore it was deliberate and he lunged (in fact completely took him out) from the side. I can't understand how that isn't serious foul play therefore a red card, do you really feel it was ok?

It was one of the worst fouls I've seen this season and the refs are allowing teams to be over-physical to Tottenham but would treat that differently if it was another club.

No coincidence Spurs haven't had a penalty this season, and had 3 against and have had 3 players sent off so far.

Back
Top Bottom